Search Unity

[FREE]MicroSplat, a modular terrain shading system for Unity Terrains

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jbooth, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Quittern

Quittern

I'm having the same problem that the person you replied to a while back here. Just made a build for android and getting pink terrains, and the terrain blend doesn't work on the rocks I put it on (obviously, I guess it couldn't work when the terrain doesn't). My test phone is newer though, from this year.

I don't really understand where you can check for texture array support? Is this a setting in Unity, or something only certain phones can do?

2. jbooth

jbooth

Anything supporting OpenGLES3.0 or greater should support texture arrays. Usually a pink shader means a compile error, so see if there's anything in the build logs.

3. m506

m506

HI, I can confirm this issue disappeared as of the latest version. Thanks

4. protopop

protopop

I have an issue that's not a game breaker, but if anyone knows why it happens it will help my workflow.

I use microsplat with MapMAgic terrain. As long as I leave one terrain generated when I save teh scene, the terrains will load on an iPad with all the materials as expected.

But if I save the scene without any terrain generated, then on iPad teh terrain will be black.

I am guessing that when I generate and leave a terrain in the scene its generating the Microsplat textures or somehow adding them to the scene and compiled project?

If so is there a way or something I need to do that could "preload" or forcibly include these micros plat terrain materials into my builds?

5. jbooth

jbooth

we’ve seen things like this when using asset bundles; particularly with draw instanced on my n Android. However, if this is happening on iOS I suspect map magic is not including some needed data; for instance, it doesn’t set the keyword file on terrains which is needed for some features.

protopop likes this.
  6. protopop

protopop

Thank you. This helps a bit. A few things, not expecting a solution straight out but including this incase anyone sees anything and as I look into it. Like I said though its not a breaker because I can keep including a microsplat terrain in my build and that solves everything.

You mentioned draw instance. It works if I include a microsplat terrain.

If I dont include a terrain I tested it and the terrain becomes invisible with draw instance turned on, and visible with 1 micro-last texture if I turn int off.

In the Xcode notes I think the trouble starts here:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed
    WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
    Shader 'MicroSplat/Terrain 0,0': dependency 'BaseMapGenShader' shader '/Terrain 0,0_Base808519755' not found

I guess when I include a terrain it somehow makes sure this dependency the basemapgenshader is included? It gives me a starting point to look into it.

These three messages dont appear if I include a terrain so I will keep looking into it. If anyone has any ideas that could help please let me know, even if they seem unrelated. sometimes an outside perspective helps:)

7. jbooth

jbooth

Well, MicroSplat doesn't use a basemapgenshader, so that error shouldn't matter much. That said, Unity just got back to us on the addressable issues with a "Won't Fix"

https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/is...ncorrectly-when-terrain-instancing-is-enabled

So it seems the official solution is to include a terrain in the main build or Unity is just broken.

8. keithsoulasa

keithsoulasa

Does Hdrp support all the extensions

9. jbooth

jbooth

faq

10. prg-liulie

prg-liulie

Mesh Terrain material seams to receive no light in URP in Unity 2020 LTS, please have a check :)

11. Tom163

Tom163

I bought Trax on the sale and am trying to add it to my game, which is already using the Microsplat Terrain Collection.

As soon as I add the TraxManager component to a gameObject, the Unity editor just hard crashes. I've reproduced this four or five times now, adding it to an empty gameObject, adding it to the Terrain object, adding it to a scene with Microspalt already enabled and without Microsplat - always the same result. I can also reproduce it when the scene doesn't even have a terrain.

I'm doing this in a test scene which is essentially empty (camera, light, terrain and one building for scale).

Unity version is 2021.2.4f1 on MacOS, using the built-in render pipeline.

The last message in the editor log is:

Code (csharp):
    1. [./Runtime/Graphics/RenderTexture.cpp line 521]
    2. RenderTexture.Create failed: colorFormat & depthStencilFormat cannot both be none.
    3. UnityEngine.StackTraceUtility:ExtractStackTrace () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Scripting/StackTrace.cs:37)
    4. JBooth.MicroSplat.TraxManager:LateUpdate () (at Packages/com.jbooth.microsplat.trax/Scripts/TraxManager.cs:286)

---

Update:

I can reproduce this on a completely new project. Create new project, import just Microsplat Core (version 3.9.4) and Trax (version 3.9.1), add empty game object to default scene, add Trax Manager component - hard crash, same log message as above.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021 at 11:47 AM
  12. jbooth

jbooth

Give it a try on an LTS version and send the repro to Unity- it doesn't crash on 2020.3LTS, so this must be some kind of regression in the tech release.. The warning you see is a warning, fixed in a newer release, but that shouldn't have any real effect except stopping that warning from being printed out.

13. Tom163

Tom163

Done. Bug report to Unity is sent.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021 at 8:48 PM
    jbooth likes this.
  14. gtox

gtox

Is Microsplat URP 2020 compatible with Unity 2021.1.15f1? I have Microsplat Core, and I bought Microsplat - URP 2020 Support, but I can't import it. I get an error on import "An error occurred while resolving packages" and "microsplat.urp2020 has invalid dependencies or related test packages:"
    Edit-the Microsplat core defaulted to an earlier version in the package manager, after updating to 3.94, the issue is resolved.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2021 at 10:22 AM
  15. fp-liulie

fp-liulie

Did anybody encounter this problem?

16. Dante20011

Dante20011

Hello, I am having problems adding the class "TraxManager" to a gameobject. It says "Can't add script component 'TraxManager' because the script class cannot be found. Make sure that there are no compile errors and that the file names and class name match"
    I obviously did not edit the script and just downloaded it. I use Unity 2020.3.19f1 in the stock pipeline (not HDRP nor URP). What can I do?

17. Dante20011

Dante20011

Nevermind, I updated Microsplat core and it works now

unityunity