Search Unity

Free Look Camera and Strafing?

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by xmdcai, Sep 24, 2018.

1. xmdcai

xmdcai

Hey! So I have a Free Look camera following and looking at my Third Person character. The character moves based on the position/rotation of the camera. It's mostly working fine apart from when the character moves left or right the camera rotates instead of just moving its position causing the player to run in circles (instead of strafing).

So how do I lock the camera rotation so that it only rotates based on the mouse movement and not on the character position in the world?

thanks ! :)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2018
    Srideepchand likes this.
  2. Bastienre4

Bastienre4

Hello !
    Have you tried using a different binding mode for your freelook camera ? (like World Space for instance).
    I guess right now its in a SimpleFollow binding and this is not optimal given what you want to achieve :) .

3. xmdcai

xmdcai

thank you so much! I tried that before but I missed the "X damping" setting! everything works fine now though. :)

4. pizzaboy13

pizzaboy13

Thanks for this, solved my issue.

All you have to do is change the binding mode to world space then under body on each of the 3 rigs, change the X damping from the default value of 1 to 0

Srideepchand, mzlafty and Chukwuazam like this.
  5. STRT12

STRT12

How can i use cinemachine with touch input . How can I do all the things told above with touch input in 1/2 of the screen(android or ios). Thank you

6. Ashnaflavdjov

Ashnaflavdjov

thx man, no need to change the option for me tho, did it with the one i was using (Lock To Target On Assing). I knew there was a setting for that but couldn't find it, you saved me hours.