Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Free Live Online Training from Unity Technologies

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by Adam-Buckner, Oct 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavenLiquid

RavenLiquid

I have the same question. It seems past online events are not available for viewing. This is a real shame and makes Unity Connect a pretty shabby alternative for the live training sessions.

Why can't I watch the "Online User Group: 3D Game Kit Release, Gaia & Intro to Entity Component System" steam? Seems like a lot of information is lost to people who could not watch it live.

rakkarage likes this.
  2. Foo-Byte

Foo-Byte

I have the same concern as some others. I can't figure out how to get to previous live sessions through Unity Connect, which is a shame because they were a great resource.

rakkarage likes this.
  3. Matthew-Schell

Matthew-Schell

Unity Technologies

4. Matthew-Schell

Matthew-Schell

Unity Technologies

5. hassan78692

hassan78692

Hey where is that Mobile Art folder that is dragged in assests. From where i can get that?

6. ReadyPlayGames

ReadyPlayGames

Matthew-Schell said that I could ask these questions after the live chat. I don't know how to "tag" people here, sorry.

In my demo project for ECS (linked below) I noticed that I couldn't have an unlit shader. It had to be something with GPU instancing? How come? I'm not changing any variables in the material.

The TransformStreamHandle example in the manual gives a big error if the Animator doesn't have an avatar. Assigning a new one via script is troublesome if it's not a root transform. https://docs.unity3d.com/ScriptReference/Experimental.Animations.TransformStreamHandle.html

Regarding ECS and Jobs, how come IJobProcessComponentData only accepts 3 parameters? Seen here in my demo project: https://github.com/readyplaygames/P...ripts/CircleBounce/CircleBounceECSWithJobs.cs I very quickly ran into that limit and had to basically duplicate structs to that there wouldn't be any overlap. Is there a subtractive component that I can use for that as well, like when you use a component group?

7. Mike-Geig

Mike-Geig

Unity Technologies

All materials used with the Mesh Instance Renderer component must support GPU Instancing. You should be able to use any shader you want as long as it supports that.

Regarding IJobProcessComponentData, the limitation of 3 parameters is completely arbitrary. A more robust and generic example just hasn't been implemented. Ideally, you should just use an IJob or IJobParallelFor. It's a little more syntax to write, but it is much more powerful. I only use IJobProcessComponentData when I am creating very simple jobs.

8. darkStar27

darkStar27

New Project automatically Imports Packages that it shouldn't..!

@Adam-Buckner @Mike-Geig @Matthew-Schell
    I have a question related to unity editor. I recently created a project that contained unityAds and unityIAP. The problem is whenever I create a new project now, unity automatically imports these packages and the file manager is not empty anymore as it should be for a new project..
    What should I do..?

- I've tried removing them from package manager but "Package Manager UI" can not be removed.
    - I've tried to edited it in the "manifest.json" file to remove there reference and it removes all the packages but not the package folder.
    - I've tried deleting the package folder but unity just imports all the packages on startup.

I know it's not the way, and it's taught not to mess with the unity project from Windows File Manager but I don't know what to do ..

PLEASE HELP ME..

----------

This is how a New Project Window looks like.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2018
  9. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

That's how things are nowadays; this happens to everyone, not only to you.

10. darkStar27

darkStar27

But that increases the size of the project. Right?
    My empty project alone is of 21.2 MBs for android (including both arm7 & x86).
    (11.8 MBs for arm7)
    And here I was thinking that I can create a instant app with unity.

11. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

I'm like you, I have reinstalled Unity fairly recently to find out about this; I have no idea if this impacts the size of the built projects or not. I think this is the wrong thread for this kind of question too. Maybe here would be best: https://forum.unity.com/threads/unity-2018-2-is-now-available.539797/ (I suppose you are using 2018.2.)

12. rahulpatil6220375

rahulpatil6220375

hello sir
    sometime your asset not found
    ummm
    Nightmare

13. pronoob9

pronoob9

hey why I go to edit/ project settings input it won't let me change settings

14. KAYUMIY

KAYUMIY

Hello,

Data coming from XML file should be displayed in Unity UI in the run time. Data CANBE changed anytime dependent on the process.

Do you think it is good idea to save this data by using Scriptable Objects?

15. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

You cannot automatically save data in run time in scriptable objects. Depending on the performance of your application you may want to save your XML data in binary though (it's faster to read up next time), otherwise just save the XML and read that.

Next time please open a separate thread for your own question and maybe choose a more proper place for it (Scripting).

KAYUMIY likes this.
  16. unussystems

unussystems

I really need your advice. If I give you a link showing my question, can you reply?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.