Search Unity

Free Learn program license

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by shorvat, Nov 4, 2019.

1. shorvat

shorvat

Hello.

I'm wondering if is it permitted to import free Learn program content/project, change it a little bit and publish it on github public repository. (There is no LICENSE file within the free Learn program project)

My agenda is to make a tutorial on specific programming field and share it with others.

Best regards, Saso

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

Generally, if you're making changes to the content and redistributing it for free for teaching & learning, that's OK. You would need to be clear that this is not in association with Unity, and that we are not responsible for maintaining it.

Which project were you curious about?

3. shorvat

shorvat

Thanks for the reply. I'm talking about Roll-a-ball tutorial project.

Can I include this text in README.md?

This mini game is based on official Unity Roll-a-ball tutorial. I've made some minor changes and add 'SensorDataFeed.cs' script.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Note that if you get the project from the Unity Assets Store it is licensed under the Asset Store TOS and EULA, which prohibits redistributing any source code or assets downloaded from the Asset Store other than in builds, marketing material, media (like videos), etc. See Appendix 1 Section 2.2.1:

https://unity3d.com/legal/as_terms

Under Section 3.5 you can get an exception to the above restrictions if you enter into an agreement with Unity.
    I assume this is where you're getting the project from:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...-projects/roll-a-ball-tutorial-complete-77198

I am not a lawyer.

Kiwasi likes this.