Search Unity

[Free] Free-Unity server sample

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by Wealk, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Wealk

Wealk

Dear Unity community,

This is one of my firsts messages in the forum, and the last with this account.
    In this message I'm sharing a project which can be used as a sample to make a "free unity" server for a multiplayer game. Inside the compressed file you will find two projects: the server and the client.

The client side is just a unity application that use the message library to send/receive messages when the server is active. In this application you can find how to use blendshapes applied to a character from Mixamo, and a simple gameplay system using navmesh agents and a point-and-click movement.

The server side, on the other hand, is a little more complex. The server project is formed by the message library, database library, server library, utility library, log library, and of course, a unity application. To execute this project you have to create a local enviroment using a "xampp-like" application to manage two databases (database, datawarehouse) with the following structures.

database.png

datawarehouse.png

All the code is commented and - I think - the execution flow of the projects are pretty easy to follow and unsertand. Please, feel free to try the execution, modify the project, use it in your own game or publish any kind of modifications applied to the original. The main reason to publish this project is to help the community for all the information and tutorials given.

Have fun playing and testing with this project. I will attach the entire project and a demostrative video with a Drive link beacuse the Unity forum is blocking this upload with a security warning.

PROJECT: FREE UNITY SERVER