Search Unity

Free FMOD .NET Plugin - Indie Pro

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by johnny tangle, Aug 16, 2009.

1. DavidPlans

DavidPlans

just poking this thread in case the guys from squaretangle are listening...poke poke poke...you guys working on FMOD/unity again perchance? would love to see the FMOD iphone target as a c# assembly...go squaretangle go!

2. DavidPlans

DavidPlans

Hey all, just wondering...

Just now, I’m trying to compile the .dll using the iphone FMOD target from FMOD website, so I went into fmod.cs in Squaretangle's unity fmod release and changed public class VERSION to:

public const string dll = “libfmodexL_iphoneos”;

and gave the monodevelop project a .config file with:

Code (csharp):
    2. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    3. <configuration>
    4.  <dllmap dll="libfmodex" target="libfmodex.dylib" />
    5.  <dllmap dll="libfmodexL_iphoneos" target="libfmodexL_iphoneos.a" />
    6. </configuration>

tried both libfmodex.dylib and libfmodexL_iphoneos.a from official FMOD release, but both give me:

Exception: Failed AOT cross compiling FMODUnity.dll

when I try to build from unity iphone pro…

Any thoughts on how to solve this? I'm sure I'm missing something basic about the nature of Squaretangle's c# assembly of FMOD that isn't allowing me to cross-compile...

David[/code]

3. tbarbe

tbarbe

Hi

looks like some people are trying already - but is any of this FMOD stuff working on iPhones yet? is there any other api available for getting access to the inputs / audio and using them as frequency modifiers for objects or code in unity iphone?

cheers

:confused:

4. Dreamora

Dreamora

Unity 3 uses fmod on any platform.
    no reason to waste time on it.
    in addition the interferance on the iphone is large enough to leave you without sound

5. groovfruit

groovfruit

FMOD is buggy and unreliable.

6. vished

vished

So is there any way to drive animation with sound in Unity other than using the "buggy and unreliable" FMOD? Seems like a basic interactive feature that would be useful in game dev

7. Dreamora

Dreamora

If you write all through plugins on native code potentially, otherwise no

8. brust

brust

Does it work on WEBPLAYER!?

please! some quick awnser!
    i've tryied, but it didn't work... =(

9. andeeeee

andeeeee

For security reasons, plugins don't work with the webplayer.

10. Kinglouis33

Kinglouis33

how exactley do you get unity to use fmod i've put all the .dll files in the right places but now i'm stuck any advice would be great!

11. Denaton

Denaton

I am an a newbie with Unity and trying my best to learn as mush as i can. I am trying to familiar with FMOD, but i cant find any examples of how to make microphone code and were to put it in the Unity and what is needed from Unity to get it work.

Some one with time on there hands wanna help me out with an example on how to make an microphone output for an MMO game (Useing SmartFox Server, been following the wiki tut on the Unity Wiki...)

12. Zoukzilla

Zoukzilla

Has anyone been able to get FMOD functions that require pointers(IntPtr) to work in Unity?

I am trying to call Event::getPropertiesByIndex but I keep getting the following error when using unsafe code: Unsafe code requires the `unsafe' command line option to be specified

Does anyone know of a potential workaround or solution?

Thanks.

13. johnboy007_2006

johnboy007_2006

Hi i thought this is a .Net project for the fmod plugin, can it not be used for the WebPlayer?

14. lbalasubbaiahapps

lbalasubbaiahapps

hi friends will fmod work on android.i mean using unity3d build.Today i tested one example program http://www.squaretangle.com/FMODUnity.html in that example project i build android platform its not working it automatically crashed.I have a is it work android using unity3d project.i am a unity3d game developer.Now i am developing one audio recognition project unity doesn't have.that's why i am trying Fmod.But fmod project is not working any help.i am new fmod shall you know tell me.
    thank you.

15. lbalasubbaiahapps

lbalasubbaiahapps

hi friends will fmod work on android.i mean using unity3d build.Today i tested one example program http://www.squaretangle.com/FMODUnity.html in that example project i build android platform its not working it automatically crashed.I have a is it work android using unity3d project.i am a unity3d game developer.Now i am developing one audio recognition project unity doesn't have.that's why i am trying Fmod.But fmod project is not working any help.i am new fmod shall you know tell me.
    thank you.

16. johnny tangle

johnny tangle

Well this is pretty old and probably obsolete, but here is an updated version of the FMOD plugin for FMOD 4.42 and Unity 3.42. We haven't done much since the plugin broke when UT integrated their version of FMOD, and there were workarounds from some clever forum members for those who needed the full thing (see above). Plus GetSpectrumData() and other goodies worked for us in the shipping version. But we still get the occasional request for a full FMOD implementation, mainly from those wanting to use Designer. It's not heavily tested, tested on Mac and Win Unity Pro (3.42) and should work on Indie versions. Not for webplayer, IOS or Android. Demo Unity project, example build, plugin source code and FMOD C# example files available here:
    http://www.squaretangle.com/FMODUnity.html

best

17. Joviex

Joviex

Hey, great contribution, I know its a dog old thread, but =P

I got this working extremely easy in Windows, but, I must manually copy the .dlls to the Mono folder.

I was wondering if anyone had a dead simple way to make sure the libraries end up in the correct location regardless of the build (Win or Mac)? without a manual step.

Obviously, yes, I can put it through some final build copy in a build system, but I was wondering if there was a placement in a special unity folder to make that just happen. I tried the x86 and x86_64 folders, but the dlls never seem to copy over to the output on a build.

Cheers.

18. XaneFeather

XaneFeather

I've been working with FMOD a lot recently but came across several bugs and missing features. Eventually I decided to take the action into my own wings and started a semi-rewrite of the official FMOD Integration Plugin. Better integration with Unity Editor, lots of added features, bug fixed and performance alterations.

The project can be found here:
    https://github.com/XaneFeather/Unity-FMOD-Studio

Sorry for the lack of documentation - I'll make sure to add it ASAP. It started as a rewrite for my own personal needs and was never meant to be publicly released but eventually decided to do so.
    There's still one big known-bug which was already prevalent in the original Plugin - after switching into playmode and back for about ~14 times, FMOD cannot create any more instances of the System and Studio components. Workaround is to simply restart Unity but it's really tedious in a real work-environment. Hopefully I'll be able to fix that.

19. Joviex

Joviex

Wow, excellent work. Having native solutions for FMOD across all the platforms is extremely keen.

Cheers for the work! I will try to dig in and see what I would need to twist around to get my example work in this rewrite.