Search Unity

Free easy to implement LeaderBoard

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by carmine, May 6, 2012.

1. artouiros

artouiros

Hello, how do I get all scores? I am onyl getting first 100 lines with pipe.

2. carmine

carmine

Hello,
    95% of leaderboards in the system have under 100 scores. If you are storing more than that, you could write a loop to get more scores if needed.

The intention of this is to function as a "high score board". If you are trying to save every score for every player ever, you might want to use more of an online database than a high score system.

3. Trickzbunny

Trickzbunny

2-3 Questions:

- How can I switch the username and Score (to have score, username). I tried switching the (string username, int score) around, but that gave me a lot of errors.
    - Can I download the score of a username if the username is saved as a Playerpref.SetString?
    Basically, I dont want to save the score the same way due to easy cheating and would rather "check" the username that you are playing as download the score that is used from dreamlo.

- And last but not least, I know dreamlo saves the highest score, is there an easy way to make it possible to check dreamlo if that username exists, if not then you cant pick that username?

I followed the 2 videos of Sebastian Lague on youtube:
    this is part 2.

4. carmine

carmine

- Are you trying to DISPLAY the Score then Name. Or did you mean something else?

- If you want to see if the name exists already, you could get a list of all the scores, then you can see if the name is in the list. (you need to do a little programming for that)

There is documentation here:
    http://dreamlo.com/developer

You see there is an example here:
    "To get the score for just 1 person, just add -get and the person's name:"
    http://dreamlo.com/lb/(your public code goes here)/pipe-get/Carmine

You can write that yourself using Unity3D's WWW object.

-Carmine

5. Peysbubby

Peysbubby

Hello Carmine

Let me start by saying I love this asset.

Now for my question. I am trying to implement dreamlo into my game, I have it working so I can upload the scores, but I am trying to display the scores using unity's new UI system, however the asset only comes with the scripts and docs for using the old UI. I have put a lot of time trying to figure out how to get it to work, but to no avail. If you could at least point me in the correct direction I would be eternally greatful.

P.S. I use c#

6. carmine

carmine

There are a couple ways to do this.
    If you google for "Unity3D UI display list" - you can find examples of how to make a dynamically scrollable list. For instance, this youtube video makes an object with a controller for each row: http://www.folio3.com/blog/creating-dynamic-scrollable-lists-with-new-unity-canvas-ui/

Something more simple might be to make 2 UI.Text elements called "namelist" and "scorelist".
    - Get a reference to the 2 text elements
    - set them to blank namelist.text = "";
    - As you look through them, just do namelist.text + name + "\n";

-Carmine

7. Woodmouth

Woodmouth

Hello,
    First of all, thank you so much for dreamlo! :D
    I've made a game, and i'm trying to upload it to Kongregate. The highscore system works on Firefox with a webGL build, but once it is on Kongregate it is unable to retrieve any data. I've done some research, and it seems as though Kongregate requires the server to have CORS enabled (http://developers.kongregate.com/blog/unity-webgl). I think this is the problem. But i have also run http://www.test-cors.org/, and there it does seem to work fine, so I'm uncertain again. Any suggestions? Thank you for the massive favor you've already done for so many!

8. carmine

carmine

I've found that the CORS thing just doesn't seem to work for some hosts such as dropbox and others. Are you connecting to "dreamlo.com" or "www.dreamlo.com"

Also, is there another host you can try it on to see if it's an issue with Kongregate or something else?

Thanks!

9. Woodmouth

Woodmouth

I had uploaded it to Itch as well, and it had the same problem. I was using "https://dreamlo.com", but I tried changing it to "https://www.dreamlo.com", re-uploaded it to both platforms, and none of them work now either. Thank you for your quick response.

10. carmine

carmine

Hey, I'm sorry :( but I'm not sure what the issue is. My server / code / etc. all have CORS turned on. I wonder if it's a browser restriction at all.

11. Woodmouth

Woodmouth

Hmm, I'll try to remember to post here if i ever find out how to make it work, but thank you for the help, and thanks again for making dreamlo :D

12. carmine

carmine

By the way... it's possible (but I can't say for sure), that if your host is SSL, then you need to use SSL on my end too. (I can't guarantee I am right about that)

13. Peysbubby

Peysbubby

I can pretty much guarantee that is probably what it is. I have a website with an active SSL certificate, but it won't display my leaderboard because "it comes from an unsecure site" I haven't tested yet, but I am 90% sure if I was to upgrade my dreamlo account to have the SSL, it would work fine. because if I turn my SSL on my website off, the leaderboard will display perfectly.

14. Voker54

Voker54

Welp, it's 5 years later and I just have to ask... Is it still up? :)

15. carmine

carmine

http://dreamlo.com

Yep!

16. mhaze618

mhaze618

I just started using this today and right when I completed successfully downloaded/uploaded from my leader board the site went down. This is a AWESOME asset please let it be maintenance!

Its back up thank god

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  17. PenguinLord

PenguinLord

Hey, I've encountered an error whilst trying to get scores.

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    dreamloLeaderBoard.ToStringArray () (at Assets/dreamlo/dreamloLeaderBoard.cs:105)
    dreamloLeaderBoard.ToScoreArray () (at Assets/dreamlo/dreamloLeaderBoard.cs:111)
    GetScore.displayScore () (at Assets/GetScore.cs:21)
    GetScore.Start () (at Assets/GetScore.cs:14)

Here is my code :p

https://pastebin.com/FKBGe8vd

The Example works but mine doesn't, i've tried to copy the example to see if i can fix it but no luck :/

Error Line:
    string[] rows = this.highScores.Split(new char[] {'\n'}, System.StringSplitOptions.RemoveEmptyEntries);

18. carmine

carmine

Make sure the prefab is in your scene and the public/private ode are set.

19. PenguinLord

PenguinLord

Yeah i had already done that.

20. carmine

carmine

In your code, your checking if scoreList is null inside our for loop instead of before it. You can't do a foreach on something that's null.

21. PenguinLord

PenguinLord

Yeah i scrapped that, and i know i did that i saw it afterwards but it didn't change anything :p

Anyway i'm using Sebastian Lague's Tutorial,Still having a problem though :p it doesn't like the username.

Highscores.AddNewHighscore("User", 6, "00-36-34");

error line:

public static void AddNewHighscore(string username, int score, string time)
    {
    instance.StartCoroutine(instance.UploadNewHighscore(username, score, time));
    }

So rip, just going to try to get it working.

22. NEFT_GAMES

NEFT_GAMES

Hi,
    I just wanted to say this stuff is really really good!
    Implemented it in our premier game and it works just so fine
    It is much simpler to implement and it works nonetheless.
    Thumbs up to the developer
    I was hoping it could be endless but I can't figure out how to do so?

23. carmine

carmine

Hello, I am the developer... what do you mean by endless?

24. dohaiha930

dohaiha930

@carmine : Thank you for really useful stuff!
    Can you open source this? So we can improve it or setup on our own server?

25. carmine

carmine

Hello, the system is entangled with a bunch of other stuff, so I can't just put it out there.

However....

It's really really simple. To make your own, you just need to have a table in a database, and then write some code on a website to get to that database and that's it. Any tutorial on making a web service would show you how to do this. There are several on how to write this kind of thing in Python, PHP, C#, Node.js, etc.

dohaiha930 likes this.
  26. wowthecoder

wowthecoder

Hello,
    First of all, I must say that the dreamlo leaderboard system is AWESOME!!! I used it in my Unity project and it is working
    excellently. However, I am stuck on a little problem(which is actually mentioned above already): I am only getting first 100 lines with pipe, and I have about 300 scores on the online leaderboard. You answered above that "you could write a loop to get more scores if needed."
    How do I do that?
    Thanks!

27. carmine

carmine

Hello,
    The documentation shows you can get a range of scores like this:

(this would be XML starting at 100 and to get 50.
    http://dreamlo.com/lb/(your public code)/xml/100/50

You can just do a for loop for 3 times and get from /0/100 then 100/100. 200/100

-Carmine

28. unity_121452

unity_121452

Hello.
    I am working out how to implement this to a game I am working on, but I am uncertain how to incorporate the code into a preexisting script.
    Any help would be appreciated, as I am relatively new to programming with only 2 years of experience in 1.5 years in Unity, and 2 in Game Design.

EDIT: I figured it out, I was confused by some of the code, but I implemented it the way that makes sense to me. Thank you for this tool!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2020
  29. Ghazi360

Ghazi360

Hello . i want to implement the leaderboard in game but there is no tutorial available .please help me out. its urgent.

30. carmine

carmine

If you google for "dreamlo tutorial" the first results are several video tutorials.