Search Unity

Free collaboration?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Gwolf-Studios, Apr 9, 2013.

1. Gwolf-Studios

Gwolf-Studios

I'm working on an RPG game with the free version of Unity and other people would like to help but I don't think there is any way that they can work on the game with me. (Like they add something to the game in their Unity and it affects the game in my Unity) I can't afford to pay 500$ just so I can share the files with someone so is there any other way at all? If it's not simple I will try to learn but my work would go a lot faster with more people working on it at once.

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

meta file support is in any unity version, thats all you need, combined with GIT for example (bitbucket + atlassian sourcetree as GIT client for example, both free)

3. Gwolf-Studios

Gwolf-Studios

EDIT: Nevermind I found it, but how's it supposed to work, I download it and share the data files?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  4. UnLogick

UnLogick

Use version control on all files and folders in the Assets and ProjectSettings folders of your project, both the actual assets and the meta files generated next to them.

Those two folders are all you need, everything else will be generated automatically by Unity when needed. (So do NOT use version control on the library folder or the visual studio solution/project files)