Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Free Asset] uGUI Databinding, Localization and Complete Lobby Solution

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by nventimiglia, Sep 19, 2014.

1. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

Foundation is currently in a free beta period. So get it while its hot ! Here are some of the key features.

• Localization with built in translation
    • Databinding to controllers or viewmodels
    • Support for interfaces, clr objects, observable objects or monobehaviours
    • Complete multiplayer Lobby UI with game selection (ect)
    • Complete Account UI with signup / sign in (ect)
    • Async Task library with support for co-routines with return parameters or running actions in background threads
    • Includes LITJson
    • HTTPRest client with support for all HTTP verbs
    Links

MaxEden and Tim-C like this.
  2. JAKJ

JAKJ

That's a messy upload and they must not have looked at it too closely. You even still have your ProjectSettings folder in there. I hope nobody's project gets screwed if they just blindly import all.

3. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

Thanks for the feedback. I had no Idea project settings was included. It should of been excluded.

I will be contacting the AssetStore right away. They need to correct this issue.

4. JAKJ

JAKJ

They? You're the one who assembled the project file to submit: All they did was not notice you'd left that in there. You'd need to fix your package and resubmit.

5. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

Yes they. I did not include the Project settings folder. I included the Assets/Foundation folder as the root. I just triple checked. Frankly I don`t see how this is possible. Project settings is in a parent folder to the Assets folder. Its not even an option using the Asset store tool.

6. JAKJ

JAKJ

That's interesting then. I did find it odd that I could use the foldout triangle to close the Foundation folder but not the Project Settings folder in the "Import" window. Makes me think that Project Settings were stored as some sort of metadata.

nventimiglia likes this.
  7. Baroni

Baroni

If you submit your asset to the "Complete Projects" category, your project settings get included automatically during the upload process. This happens with all assets in this category (with good reason), so you should consider submitting it to another category if you don't need them.

8. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

Thanks. I will amend the project.

9. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

Hey, sadly I'm having trouble with the Photon Cloud part of this asset.

I set up my Photon ID correctly, but when making a server ingame; this appears:

(See the green-marked stuff)

10. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

Thanks for this. For some reason Photon was not registering the photonview correctly. Setting the network view Id for the PUN prefab to 1 corrected the issue on my end.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2014
  11. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

That´s weird, I turned it already to 1. After that I assigned it correctly so it's not running on uNet.

Oh, before I forgot to say... A second problem: How do I easily put a function do get FPS-prefabs actually working over the network? It's a mess.

I know the question sounds simple, but this kit is a bit new to me :/

12. nventimiglia

nventimiglia

I dont understand your question. Foundation has no FPS component. If you want to make a FPS using uNet or Photon there are plenty of tutorials out there. The goal of foundation is to do everything except gameplay.

13. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

P.S. I will expain further tomorrow.

Good night!

14. angusmf

angusmf

Anyone have this working with 5.2.2? I sent Nick an email via his webpage yesterday:
    Hi, I purchased your lobby asset and am having some trouble getting it going. Specifically, I'm stuck trying to start a scene as a player-host. I'm on Unity 5.2.2f1. I'm using your cloud service which I'm hosting on amazon. I've loaded the webplayer build of your demo from the website and see that it works there. When I start an online scene from the foundation scene, either in my own project, or a fresh project containing only your asset I have a problem. I've configured a cloud project for the demo, added the correct services, configured my cloud settings, etc. Everything works up to OnServerReady. The trouble happens in OnClientConnect. I did notice that the NetworkConnection ID returned by all those overridden functions is -1. I don't know if that's normal for a player host or if something is wrong. Anyway, Instead of "Connected to Network", like your demo, I get ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null. Parameter name: TypeName. (see end of post for stack trace) I ran it through the debugger, and it is serializing the player info object (twice) and extracting a type for it before it gets to NetworkClient.Send(), at which point I don't know how to see what's going on. Please advise if you can. Thank you!

Angus

ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.
    Parameter name: TypeName
    System.Type.GetType (System.String typeName) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Type.cs:454)
    Lobby.Services.UnityNetServiceHandler.OnMessenger (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at Assets/Foundation.Lobby/_Scripts/Services/UnityNetServiceHandler.cs:58)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.InvokeHandler (Int16 msgType, UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:183)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServer.InvokeHandlerOnServer (UnityEngine.Networking.ULocalConnectionToServer conn, Int16 msgType, UnityEngine.Networking.MessageBase msg, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkServer.cs:1661)
    UnityEngine.Networking.ULocalConnectionToServer.Send (Int16 msgType, UnityEngine.Networking.MessageBase msg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/LocalConnections.cs:83)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkClient.Send (Int16 msgType, UnityEngine.Networking.MessageBase msg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:378)
    Lobby.Services.UnityNetServiceHandler.SendMessenger (Int32 sender, Int32 code, System.String type, System.String data) (at Assets/Foundation.Lobby/_Scripts/Services/UnityNetServiceHandler.cs:97)
    Lobby.Services.UnityNetService.Publish (NetRpcTarget mode, System.Object message) (at Assets/Foundation.Lobby/_Scripts/Services/UnityNetService.cs:523)
    Lobby.PlayerManager.SyncRPC (Lobby.PlayerInfo p) (at Assets/Foundation.Lobby/_Scripts/Models/PlayerModels.cs:704)
    Lobby.PlayerManager.OnConnect (Lobby.NetConnected arg) (at Assets/Foundation.Lobby/_Scripts/Models/PlayerModels.cs:570)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    Foundation.Messenger+<Subscribe>c__AnonStorey8F.<>m__A6 (System.Object o) (at Assets/Foundation/Messenging/Messenger.cs:219)
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
    Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
    System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:232)
    System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
    System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:443)
    System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl (System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/MulticastDelegate.cs:71)
    System.Delegate.DynamicInvoke (System.Object[] args) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono-runtime-and-classlibs/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Delegate.cs:415)
    Foundation.Messenger.Invoke (System.Delegate handler, System.Object message) (at Assets/Foundation/Messenging/Messenger.cs:137)
    Foundation.Messenger.Publish (System.Type mType, System.Object m, System.Object ignore) (at Assets/Foundation/Messenging/Messenger.cs:303)
    Foundation.Messenger.Publish (System.Type mType, System.Object m) (at Assets/Foundation/Messenging/Messenger.cs:284)
    Foundation.IMessagerObjectExt.Publish (IMessengerObject message) (at Assets/Foundation/Messenging/IMessengerObject.cs:33)
    Lobby.Services.UnityNetService.OnServerReady (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection conn) (at Assets/Foundation.Lobby/_Scripts/Services/UnityNetService.cs:236)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager.OnServerReadyMessageInternal (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkManager.cs:653)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.InvokeHandler (Int16 msgType, UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkReader reader, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:183)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkServer.InvokeHandlerOnServer (UnityEngine.Networking.ULocalConnectionToServer conn, Int16 msgType, UnityEngine.Networking.MessageBase msg, Int32 channelId) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkServer.cs:1661)
    UnityEngine.Networking.ULocalConnectionToServer.Send (Int16 msgType, UnityEngine.Networking.MessageBase msg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/LocalConnections.cs:83)
    UnityEngine.Networking.ClientScene.Ready (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection conn) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/ClientScene.cs:219)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager.OnClientConnect (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection conn) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkManager.cs:874)
    Lobby.Services.UnityNetService.OnClientConnect (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection conn) (at Assets/Foundation.Lobby/_Scripts/Services/UnityNetService.cs:148)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkManager.OnClientConnectInternal (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkManager.cs:704)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkConnection.InvokeHandler (UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkMessage netMsg) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkConnection.cs:194)
    UnityEngine.Networking.LocalClient.ProcessInternalMessages () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/LocalClient.cs:137)
    UnityEngine.Networking.LocalClient.Update () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/LocalClient.cs:65)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkClient.UpdateClients () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkClient.cs:774)
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity.UNetStaticUpdate () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Extensions/Networking/Runtime/NetworkIdentity.cs:910)