Search Unity

[FREE] Amplify Color - Advanced Color Grading

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Amplify_Ricardo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello,

Apologies for the delay! We appreciate your patience but I'm afraid you will have to wait a bit longer, we're currently unable to tackle it. We will look into this error and warnings as soon as it's possible to update the package.

I'm going to send you a possible fix for the XR issue via PM.

Thanks!

2. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Thank you! I was able to comment-out the XRSettings lines of code, since they are not used anyway and I hid the warnings with pragma statements in source, so I could resolve both issues myself. However, I still hope that Amplify will be updated and maintained for future Unity versions. :)

3. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Glad to know you found workaround. Our sincere apologies for the inconvenience, we will take care of it as soon as possible.

Thank you for understanding.

4. Diogo-Teixeira

Diogo-Teixeira

Hi Xarbrough,

I apologize for the delay. We have a lot going on and had to focus on other projects.

First issue is fixed. Will upload a new version once we find a solution for the second one.

I can't seem to find a way to solve that second one. Even if there's a way to detect this at run-time, we need to be able to exclude it at compile time. If you have any information that may help, please share.

We can report it to Unity but once it's out of our hands we can't make any promises on delivery.

Cheers

Xarbrough likes this.
  5. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

That sounds good! I don't of a solution myself and I don't think there is any feature provided by Unity which lets developers exclude code from builtin packages, but I agree it should be an officially supported feature, so let's hope they provide a mechanism to selectively compile code for different packages.

6. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Hi again, in the meantime I found a solution for how to compile code depending on which packages or builtin modules are currently present. I've asked in this thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/how...efines-for-builtin-modules-such-as-vr.698291/ but the solution is a little-known feature I haven't seen used yet.

The answer was to use Assembly Definition Files and their version defines feature (see the description in the docs).

This would mean for Amplify Color:
    • The Amplify Color plugin must use Assembly Definition Files to separate the code into assemblies (most likely runtime and editor files)
    • In all Amplify asmdef files which use specific packages/modules such as VR, Amplify would create one or more version defines, specifying the package to apply to and a custom define string such as UNITY_MODULES_VR
    upload_2019-6-27_14-4-34.png
    • In the Amplify source code it is now possible to exclude code from compilation via #if UNITY_MODULES_VR
    • On the local users machine (in my project) I can now safely disable the builtin VR module, an the Amplify asmdef file automatically disable the UNITY_MODULES_VR define and compile-out the contained code.
    This sounds like an excellent solution, since the defines can also be expanded to handle specific versions, etc.

I hope that it is possible for Amplify to implement this! :)

7. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

That's great, thank you for sharing additional details, I will pass it on to the devs!

Xarbrough likes this.
  8. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Hi,

I have a small issue with the AmplifyColor effect: It is setting my scene dirty whenever I select the GameObject with the Amplify component on it.

Here is a repro-project which showcases the issue in an empty scene without any other scripts: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1H04rQdyLknDegXnlz6ZIypQGbgMw7aup

To reproduce:
    - Unity 2019.1.8f1
    - Open Scene "Main"
    - Select the first GameObject MainCamera
    - Select the second GameObject MainCamera

Actual result: The scene is set dirty.
    Expected result: The scene should not be set dirty, because nothing has been changed.

This issue appeared in our project after our MainCamera GameObject was turned into a prefab, so I suspect that it has to do with the new prefab system. The problem does not occur when creating a brand new GameObject in a new project. Things like this can get really annoying when working in a team with multiple team members who are opening scenes and get confused about whether they actually made changes or it was only Amplify who set the scene dirty.

The offending code starts in AmplifyColorEffectEditorBase line 64. Here the custom editor sets the scene dirty whenever a new shared instance id is created. However, in my issue case the code tries to find a clone of the effect and then creates a new instance id. Not sure what this all means, but it seems to not be working correctly when prefabs are involved.

Thank you!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  9. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hey there, thank you for reporting the problem. This seems to be related to the Tag used, if all cameras are set to "Main Camera" and the Effect Preview is toggled in the Scene View window, the scene is set to dirty.

I will pass this on to our developers, we should have a fix soon.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Xarbrough likes this.
  10. Le-nain

Le-nain

Hello Ricardo,

I just want to know if it's in your roadmap to support LWRP at some point or not at all?

Thanks.

11. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello there, thanks for asking!

We'll have to wait and see how it develops before committing to a specific implementation; especially when it comes to PPS 3.x custom effect support.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

12. Le-nain

Le-nain

Well, that's understandable. I would be sad to have to part ways with your color grading as I find it really great and simple to use, but at least I now know that if in a close future I really need to update to LWRP because of some of the offered features (in my case, 2D lights are really attractive) I shouldn't be waiting for it.
    Thanks for the heads up!

13. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Good to know it served you well!

It's a shame but we really need to wait and see how things develop on Unity's side as we depend on what they implement.

14. Censureret

Censureret

Hey Does this work with the HDRP?

15. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

I'm afraid not, only legacy rendering.

16. snosr

snosr

I'm getting the following error when I start up my project:

Recursive Serialization is not supported. You can't dereference a PPtr while loading. (Constructors of C# classes may not load objects either. See stacktrace.)
    System.DateTime:get_Now()
    AmplifyColor.VolumeEditorBase:.ctor() (at Assets/AmplifyColor/Plugins/Editor/AmplifyColorVolumeEditorBase.cs:668)
    AmplifyColorVolumeEditor:.ctor()
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:LoadSerializedFileAndForget()
    UnityEditor.WindowLayout:LoadWindowLayout(String, Boolean)

I am making a 2D adventure game with Adventure Creator in Unity. I use different volumes for day, morning, night lighting.

I use a method referenced earlier in this thread where I have an empty GameObject which I transform off screen between the different volume colliders. Most of the time it works, but not always, and the error always shows up (albeit just when starting the project, not on play). There is 18 identical errors (probably because I have been using this technique in 18 different scenes).

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Skjermbilde 2019-08-15 kl. 21.04.47.png Skjermbilde 2019-08-15 kl. 21.04.08.png Skjermbilde 2019-08-15 kl. 21.04.00.png

17. eaque

eaque

hi, just bought it
    it doesn't compile, i have those issues: maybe a conflict? i have camera filter effect in the project?
    upload_2019-8-31_21-41-16.png
    thanks in advance

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  18. eaque

eaque

+1 even in a fresh project those erros appear...can't use it till now
    Thx in advance for your help

19. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Sorry, not really sure what's happening there. How exactly is Adventure Creator doing that?

Are you on the absolute latest version(Jun 18, 2019)?
    http://amplify.pt/download/

Thanks!

20. eaque

eaque

yes i bought it on august 31, so last update on the store...:(

21. JJunior

JJunior

LWRP Support?

22. eaque

eaque

+1

23. nr0611

nr0611

I have emailed your support email but haven't gotten a reply so trying to leave a message here as well.

I imported the asset into my project using Unity 2018.1.9f2 and got these errors.
    seems like a similar issue as the above post (@eaque @Amplify_Ricardo )
    Can you let me know if you guys have solved this problem, or how can I fix it?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

eaque likes this.
  24. eaque

eaque

i guess they are busy with their game!:(

25. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Our apologies for the inconvenience, we've received a few other reports regarding this problem.

I'm afraid not, legacy only.

We're going through those emails, apologies for any delay.

Thankfully, the tech team does not work actively on the game, they are fully dedicated to our products; ASE being the one that takes up most of our time. Unfortunately, we have been a bit shorthanded for the last couple of months, hence our delay.

I actually double has a producer on the game so I had to be away for a while but I'm currently catching up to everything I may have missed.

Thank you all for your patience!

eaque likes this.
  26. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

@eaque @nr0611 I can confirm that the problem is present both on version 2018.2.13f1 and 2018.1.9f2 but not on more recent versions such as 2018.3.14f. We will have to examine this issue further as soon as we get a chance but I don't have an exact ETA that I can share at the moment.

Are you planning to update soon?

27. eaque

eaque

not really. Updating is always a mess with big projects. Maybe later.

28. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

We understand, I'll be sure to let you all know when we have any developments on our side.

29. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

eaque likes this.
  30. eaque

eaque

sounds great!! will check that!! many thanks!!;)

31. eaque

eaque

no more warning!! thanks again!:);)

Amplify_Ricardo likes this.
  32. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello everyone,

After many years and Unity versions, and much consideration, we've decided to retire Amplify Color along with our other image effects. This wasn't an easy decision, we've actually been delaying it for quite some time while doing everything we could to avoid pulling the plug. Unfortunately, due to its declining sales, end of life state, we're forced to put our resources in new products such as Amplify Shader Editor and Amplify Impostors. Considering the growing Unity post-processing options, or changes that might impede the correct execution of 3rdparty content, implementing new features and supporting it is no longer viable .

It's been a long journey since our initial 2013 release, we would never had imagined that Amplify Color would end up being used on so many awesome projects. Your support as pushed us to evolve and to keep creating community driven Unity solutions.

You can still use the plugin in your own projects of course and we would be happy to refund any purchases made during the last month.

Our plan is to open up the plugin to the community via GitHub as we did with Amplify Motion.

Thank you for all your support!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  33. eaque

eaque

hi, i bought it on august 31st! is it ok for refunding? if so, what is the process?
    thx in advance

34. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hi, please contact us at sales@amplify.pt with your invoice number.
    Thanks!

eaque likes this.
  35. Sam512

Sam512

Hello,
    cannot do anything with Amplify LUT Pack? (Unity 2018.4.11f1)

36. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

The LUT pack still works with compatible Image Effects such as the Unity PPS Color Grading FX.

Please elaborate, we would be happy to help.

37. Sam512

Sam512

Unity PPS2 in the color grading section low definition range, should I drag png file into the lookup texture?

38. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Yes, that's the one!

39. Sam512

Sam512

Was Amplify Color the same that you had to remove it from asset store?

40. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

No, we removed it for other reasons. You can read more about them in our previous post.

Sam512 likes this.
  41. JuanJSAR

JuanJSAR

When will "Amplify Color" be available on Github?

42. JuanJSAR

JuanJSAR

It would be nice to update the description of the “Amplify LUT Pack” so that people know that it works with the “post processing” of the Unity.

43. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Sorry, no ETA yet, I will try to get an answer as soon as possible.

Should be updated soon, thanks for the heads-up!

44. AGregori

AGregori

So this classic asset has been deprecated for 4 months now. I've never ended up using it. A question to those who are still using it: how does AC compare to the latest Post Processing Stack (2.3.0)? Just curious. Thanks.

gferrari likes this.
  45. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Oh, that's a shame, we hope you get a chance to use it as you can still access it under "My Products". I would say that one of the main differences is the fact that Amplify Color does not provide in-editor grading options such as the Post-Processing Stack. It's a different approach that relies on external authored LUT textures; however it does offer a few unique optimizations and features such as object masking and 3-Way Blends to name a few.

AGregori likes this.
  46. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hello everyone,

The wait is over, Amplify Color is finally available via GitHub. Thank you for all your support throughout the years, we could not offer it back to the community without it.

Get it here: GitHub
    More about our solutions: Asset Store

AGregori likes this.
  47. castor76

castor76

Very Sad to see it go. Still better than any default Unity post processing.

48. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Hopefully some users can still use it, we hope it finds new life on GitHub.

49. Amplify_Ricardo

Amplify_Ricardo

Now back at the Asset Store, forever FREE: Get it here

shyamarama likes this.
  50. OfficialHermie

OfficialHermie

Does it work with URP?
    I'm asking because it doesn't have any effect for me.
    Here are the settings that I'm using:
    urp1.png