Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fraud deduction?

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by unity_8AF947464BE1E0C1E4B6, Oct 9, 2021.

1. unity_8AF947464BE1E0C1E4B6

unity_8AF947464BE1E0C1E4B6

So, after running Unity Ads for a few days, I got penalized for supposed fraud deduction, and I don't even know why. Tried contacting unity support, but haven't gotten an answer in over 7 days.

All I did was run Unity Ads in a Play Store published mobile game for a few days to give it a try. The app has about 250,000 installs and 20,000 daily users, so it generated about 300,000 impressions during that time. I wasn't satisfied with the revenue (compared to the previous ad service I was using) so I switched back.

Clipboard01.jpg

After a few days, checking my finance reports, I see I got penalized for 90% of the revenue made during that period. No notifications or explanations whatsoever.

Clipboard03.jpg

All I want is some kind of explanation, if I did something wrong and what. Why is the support service silent on this? I was looking forward to implementing Unity Ads in a mediation setup in the future but this isn't encouraging at all...

Last edited: Oct 9, 2021
  2. LIU_Hanyang96

LIU_Hanyang96

Unity Technologies

3. unity_8AF947464BE1E0C1E4B6

unity_8AF947464BE1E0C1E4B6

I did report the issue to the support team, but, as I've stated already, nobody answered. It's been 9 days now...

4. rezaebadilaleh

rezaebadilaleh

Hi,
    Can we communicate? give me an gmail so i can contact & talk with you about this.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Who was this directed to? You can always send a user a private message here by clicking on their username. The Unity support email was provided above.

6. noslraco_

noslraco_

Unity's fraud detection algorithm is all wrong. It's gotten worse in 2022. Looks like they've updated it for the worse. I'm definitely leaving the service and I sincerely encourage anyone reading this to do the same. Worse part, no one replies to any appeals I sent (it's been two months now). Try Admob or any other service, Unity Ads isn't worth it anymore. Just look what they did to me. This is like the fourth Organization I'm creating because of this nonsense from Unity (after fraud deduction, your game stops serving Ads so you have to create a new project, lose existing players and submit to stores again)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2022
  7. farazk86

farazk86

Did you manage to get your matter resolved? Did you get your earning back?

Same thing happened to me

image_2022-03-27_210837.png

Flagged for no reason and earnings taken back when all my traffic is genuine.

8. ietsleuks

ietsleuks

My account is also blocked and i sent a message on 20 april and they still didn’t reply. Is there a way to unblock my account or do i have to create a new one?

9. pawafulpikininilae

pawafulpikininilae

My account was lock with $1100 in the available balance, i tried contacting their useless support but what i got was automated emails.

pity me i waisted all my effort to get this. i encourage everyone reading this to STOP using UnityAds and move to other ad networks.

if you hit $1000+ in 1 month your account is at risk like wtf.

switching to admob already

aigamecreator and farazk86 like this.
  10. mtk21323

mtk21323

I even have $15k and ready to payout by end of this month, but they lock my account

11. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

unity ads are getting worse day by day

12. RedWolfXD

RedWolfXD

Wow any update on any of this from Unity? This does not look good PR wise for them for new developers looking at what ad service to use :/

farazk86 likes this.
  13. KubiWay

KubiWay

farazk86 likes this.
  14. jschlegel

jschlegel

This happened to us as well. We are a well known publisher that has served billions of ad impressions over the past 15 years and has never been accused of ad fraud. Their response regarding the nature of the alleged violation was extremely vague. Unity owes us a substantial amount of money. If anyone has an account contact within Unity who we might be able to speak with regarding this issue, please let me know.

15. mack178

mack178

My organization has been locked for 6 weeks without a single response from Unity over my appeal tickets, support tickets, support chat, forum posts, and Twitter DMs.

DO NOT USE UNITY. They will rip you off and ghost you.

16. AdultFactory

AdultFactory

I had the same problem.
    They took our profits back without any warning. Even though it's not fake traffic.

CashVoca and anonghostgaming58 like this.
  17. anonghostgaming58

anonghostgaming58

So unity is a scam?

18. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

So many adjustments & fraud deduction introduced now, so it seems like it

19. CashVoca

CashVoca

It also happened to me. I don't know why my account was locked. Is there anyone resolve this problem?

20. Scipius

Scipius

I made 28$ from my 2 games, no marketing (so no click farms), nothing wrong on my end. Got hit twice for fraud deduction, 12.50$ each time so I'm left with 3$.

I have opened a ticket, received a vague response that didn't explain anything. Ticket is now closed.

Switch to AdMob, made 40$ in half the time and so far no issue.

Thank Unity for helping me find more profits elsewhere!

khushalkhan likes this.
  21. Deleted User

Deleted User

Our account was also mysteriously locked for fraud, and I have had absolutely no luck trying to resolve it.

I have no idea what to do anymore, since I cannot seem to contact a human, and I have been waiting for weeks for a response.

This is seriously impacting our release :(

22. Cubequad

Cubequad

Same happened to us.

Without any warning they stole all the income and shadow banned the account. This happened after a month as I set up Unity Ads as a mediation in ironSource. All impressions are coming from organic traffic from Google Play because my game was high in the charts for a while.

No response from support whatsoever. Hope their monopoly will end soon.

Screenshot 2023-10-25 at 15.25.29.png

farazk86 and Deleted User like this.
  23. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is absolutely devastating. I am so sorry. I can't believe there is nothing we can do about this. I am currently in the process of switching our applications away from all Unity services, which I absolutely didn't want to do. We literally have no choice now.

24. Cubequad

Cubequad

Relying solely on Unity Ads is definitely not the way. For us Unity Ads were only making a small portion of all profit, though the loss is noticeable. I recommend choosing between ironSource or Applovin and to set up other ad providers as “mediators”.

25. Deleted User

Deleted User

If the organization is locked, there is an option to create a new organization. If I create a new organization and delete the old one? The account is at risk or not? And If the organization is locked, will I get payments?

26. jbphillipsjphill

jbphillipsjphill

9 months and the only response Ive had is automated.