Search Unity

Question Framework not found UnityAds - Xcode error

Discussion in 'Unity Mediation' started by GiuseppeGela, Feb 3, 2023.

1. GiuseppeGela

GiuseppeGela

Hello good people!
    Xcode and UnityAds have been driving me crazy for the last 24 hours and I can't find a solution even googling this. Here's what happened, I hope I chose the right section for this post:
    1. I started off my game without any Ads, neither Mediation nor UnityAds
    2. At one point 3 weeks ago I added from the Package manager Unity Mediation but as I started using it I found so many issues with it that I decided to remove the package
    3. I've been happily developing my game for the last 3 weeks on my Macbook, no issues at all except for Cocoapod being a jerk when I was trying to do "Build and Run" rather than "Build": if I was simply doing Build the game would build perfectly, I would open the project on Xcode, run it and it'd work fine on my iPhone. If I were to build with "Build and Run" the build would fail with Cocoapod complaining about a missing "LANG=en_US.UTF-8". This didn't really bother me for the last few weeks, but since everything was going well in development yesterday I thought "Alright I'll fix this stupid message".
    4. I fixed the issue with Cocoapod and now the build process runs smoothly both with Build and "Build and Run"...However, now xcode keeps telling me "Framework not found UnityAds" and won't let me build on my phone or anywhere.
    I don't have Unity Ads nor Mediation in my project, I can't find a single place where Unity Ads is mentioned, so how come Xcode expects it to be there? Fixing the Cocoapod issue I didn't change anything except for a .profile file outside of Unity, in my Macbook, so I can't see how the 2 things are linked :(
    I'm currently using Unity 2022.2 and Xcode 14.2

Does anyone know how to make xcode happy again?

Unity Ads I curse you!

2. GiuseppeGela

GiuseppeGela

Well... after a lot of cursing at Xcode and Unity Ads, I decided to try and uninstall and reinstall Xcode. Nothing changed.
    Buuut, me doing so allowed me to discover a nice little free app on the App Store called "Cleaner for Xcode". I launched it and deleted everything in the DerivedData and in the Cache section and now it works again magically!
    Thank you me for keeping at it and I hope this advice is useful to you too little nerd developer (like me) reading.
    Peace and until the next bug ✌☮

jcGrenier likes this.