Search Unity

Question Frames much lower when using HDRP than URP and 3D

Discussion in 'VR' started by DigitalAdam, Jun 28, 2022.

1. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

I'm creating a high end PC VR experience. I started with HDRP but when I Play and empty scene with no post processing or build I get around 60 fps. If I do the same with URP and 3D Im getting 120 frames. My Quest 2 is set to 120hz. Is there an HDRP setting I'm missing somewhere? Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
  2. colinleet

colinleet

HDRP in my testing defaults to the monitor's refresh rate whenever the headset isn't be worn (this is for the most recent release of 2021.3.5 with all of the most recent XR plugins when using the Quest 2 over Link in a build (not editor)). Basically the frame timing manager seems to turn itself off when the headset is removed now (it's no longer holding up frame generation to sync the most up to date inputs and output frames with the headset).

I think in the past (like last year) it would continue to use the HMD's refresh rate as long as it was put on once, then it would continue to use the HMD's refresh rate indefinitely. That seems to have changed so it now switches back to using the monitor's refresh rate now.

3. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Thanks for your thoughts, but I have a 144 hz monitor.