Search Unity

Framerate is bad, laggy/ am I missing something?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by Wilford111, Jan 17, 2016.

1. Wilford111

Wilford111

Hello again :)

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum section... if it is please point it out to me.)

I am currently following tutorials at the moment, as I am very new to this whole Unity thing. One thing I noticed fairly quickly, is that in my program's 3D viewport, the framerate is very laggy, certainly worse than what I see in the tutorial videos, and my computer is fairly new and built to play games. It has trouble with framerate even with no objects in the scene.

Do I need to manually change what Unity is using from CPU to my video card? That's what I had to do with Blender and I was wondering if this has the same sort of problem.

Anyways thanks :)

2. Wulfara

Wulfara

3. Wilford111

Wilford111

That does look like my issue. So there isn't a fix as of right now?

4. Wulfara

Wulfara

It's not fixed yet but you can deactivate auto-repeating keys in your desktop environment as a workaround. Is a bit uncomfortable but does the trick for me. Doing so will also confirm if this is the issue you are having.

5. Wilford111

Wilford111

Hmmm, it still didn't work for me. FYI I'm using Zorin OS, so maybe that's it...?

[EDIT] Nevermind, it seems to work :)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  6. Wilford111

Wilford111

nm, still laggy. Even after I checked that my auto repeat keys are off, it still lags pretty terribly :( All I have in my scene is a sphere, a plane, and a cube (I'm following the "Roll a Ball" tutorial).