Search Unity

Games Fractalhuasca - Interactive Audio Driven Realtime Fractals VR Experience

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by blaher, Nov 9, 2017.

?

What was your first impressions of the project

1. Far out.... trippy dude...

80.0%
  2. Hi Alice.... where does this rabbit hole go?

20.0%
  3. Meh...... fractals... zzzzzzzz....

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. blaher

blaher

Hello fellow Unity devs. I'm currently obsessed with making Fractalhuasca... what is it? It is an interactive fractal thingy-ma-jigger..... a toy..... put on your favorite tunes, grab your xbox controller, put on your VR goggles if you have them and watch fractalhuasca use the music to drive the fractal math... morph it... light it... pulse it... pause it... fly around it. It isn't a game... more like a desktop and/or VR toy. So far I have a few different fractal types that it can use to visualize stuff. I'll be putting up dev test builds shortly to share w the community while I sort out what needs doing before I package it up for Steam and Oculus stores. Videos are 4k... highly recommend if you have a 4k monitor as youtube way over-compresses 1080p :/ Also happy to say I have all fractal types running on my dev system at 70-100fps@4k (1080ti)

All feedback welcomed please :)

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017
  2. Madrian

Madrian

Looks great .. some similarity in the real time interactive 3D fractal worlds of Dimensional Intersection on Steam. The challenge will be to get it running at least a solid 45 fps with ASW active on the Rift with the base line card of a GTX 970 or 1050tI otherwise it wont get on to the Oculus store ( so I've heard ) . Look forward to see what evolves !
    PS make sure it is Touch implemented at least in gamepad emulation mode ..I'm sure there are now hundreds of thousands of Rift owners who do not even own a Microsoft gamepad.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
    blaher likes this.
  3. ShamanicHarmonics

ShamanicHarmonics

This is absolutely amazing, how can I try this out?

blaher likes this.