Search Unity

FPSSample can't find levels, new install problems

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by steveh2112, Nov 21, 2018.

1. steveh2112

steveh2112

i'm following the instruction on glithub for FPSSample on unity 2018.3.0b10 (i know the doc say
    2018.3 beta 6 but it seems that's not available for download now) and all is good until i load the project tools window

under Levels i only see Bootstrapper but accord to the docs i should be seeing more levels, like dummy, Level_01 etc

so i go directly to the scenes folder and try to click on all available scenes but there is nothing in them

in the console i get this

"
    Failed to load 'D:/Unity/FPSSample-master/Assets/ScriptableRenderPipeline/HDRP_Assets/HDRenderPipelineAsset.asset' because it was serialized with a newer version of Unity. (Has a higher SerializedFile version)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    "

i wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction to get this demo working? thanks

PS, i downloaded from glithub with a .zip and unpacked

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  2. steveh2112

steveh2112

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  3. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

I bet you are right, that you were able to download a good bit of it via ZIP but need to download the whole thing via LFS Support:

"IMPORTANT: This project uses Git Large Files Support (LFS). Downloading a zip file using the green button on Github will not work. You must clone the project with a version of git that has LFS.
    You can download Git LFS here: https://git-lfs.github.com/."

Taken from -> https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/FPSSample

4. Syn0_

Syn0_

Did you launch the sample correctly with the Git LFS ?

5. karstenv

karstenv

Yes, it works fine.