Search Unity

FPSController/MouseLook namespace issue

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by egartnuc, Aug 26, 2018.

1. egartnuc

egartnuc

Hello,

Long story short: I ran into a namespace issue previously and tried solving it by copying some standard asset scripts around. Unfortunately I didn't solve it that way and now I'm just trying to reverse the damage I did.

And I got it all back to working, almost. The following scripts I moved to my own _SCRIPTS folder. Now they are all back in place in the SA scripts folder.

MouseLook.cs,
    FirstPersonController,
    HeadBob.

However now I get an error in the firstpersoncontroller-script saying it can't find the MouseLook by the reference in the script. And in unity console I get the below error.

transform.localPosition assign attempt for 'FirstPersonCharacter' is not valid. Input localPosition is { NaN, NaN, 0.000000 }.
    UnityEngine.Transform:set_localPosition(Vector3)
    UnityStandardAssets.Characters.FirstPerson.FirstPersonController:UpdateCameraPosition(Single) (at Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/FirstPersonCharacter/Scripts/FirstPersonController.cs:406)
    UnityStandardAssets.Characters.FirstPerson.FirstPersonController:FixedUpdate() (at Assets/Standard Assets/Characters/FirstPersonCharacter/Scripts/FirstPersonController.cs:292)

The errors on 406 and 292 refer to:

Code (CSharp):
    1.                 m_Camera.transform.localPosition =
    2.                     m_HeadBob.DoHeadBob(m_CharacterController.velocity.magnitude +
    3.                                       (speed*(m_IsWalking ? 1f : m_RunstepLenghten)));
    Afaik, I put it all back how it's supposed to be. But there is something that don't find something.

Thankful for any ideas. Cheers.

BR
    Tomas

2. egartnuc

egartnuc

Well, then. After numerous reimports of the files I tried throwing in an FPSController prefab and run with it, just for kicks. Upon deleting it the errors in the console are gone the next time I run playmode with my controller. Though the MouseLook namespace problem in FirstPersonController script still persists, I don't get errors.

Gonna wait a bit with marking this as solved, in case anyone has a solution for the last weirdness.