Search Unity

Bug FPS weapon warps significantly when looking up and down

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by LevRaskolnikov, Mar 8, 2023.

1. LevRaskolnikov

LevRaskolnikov

Hi, I hope that this is the correct area to post this.

I'm having an issue where the weapon I've attached to my FPS Controller Camera becomes severely warped when looking up and down, like it's not actually attached to the camera at all. I've tried attaching it to the controller itself, but then the weapon only moves horizontally. I'm not really sure what to do. For reference, I'm using the Mini FPS Controller from the asset store.

I couldn't attach a video of the problem, but I took a screenshot of the gun warping way far away from the player camera and becoming misshapen.

Attached Files:

2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Perhaps non-uniform scaling / rotating? Don't scale ANYTHING in your transform unless it has exactly zero children, or you are happy with all of those children scaling.

chemicalcrux and Homicide like this.
  3. Homicide

Homicide

Without a little more info, a vid, or such, i would second Kurts first thoughts. Somewhere between child to parent (if any exists) is an issue with scaling / rotation. But really, theres not much to go on here.

4. LevRaskolnikov

LevRaskolnikov

These forums won't let me upload a video unfortunately, and the file sizes are really limited for posting, but I tried converting a snippet of the video into a gif, to demonstrate the warping effect. I've also taken a screenshot of Unity, with my FPS Character as well as all its children. I hope that helps.

Attached Files: