Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fps sample not working because of hdrp

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by Djape_Srb, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Djape_Srb

Djape_Srb

upload_2020-4-19_22-24-10.png
    u use newest unity (2019.3 something)

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

You are trying to import/use an asset that was made in a newer/different version of unity, its not going to work.

3. Djape_Srb

Djape_Srb

thing is i use it in newest unity if you dont count in betas and its official unity project

4. warthos3399

warthos3399

The error tells you..."File may be corrupted or serialized with a newer version of Unity", so its either corrupt, or serialized with a different version.

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

It's not going to work like that. If you mean https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/fpssample, it only works out of the box on 2018.3.8f1 and upgrading it to newer unity requires a ton of manual work for upgrading all the scripts (which is far from trivial task even for experienced unity developer). You can't just swap newer HDRP for it either. The original project used old HDRP with relied on old Post Processing package and both mentioned got also modifications for FPS Sample specifically.

On top of this, I see you have fpssample-master on your path name, suggesting you just downloaded the zip file from github despite the readme specifically saying it will not work and is likely the reason why it says it's corrupted. You need to clone the repository with git lfs or you will not get any binary files properly on your computer. I suggest you read the readme through once before going further on this :)

warthos3399 likes this.
  6. Djape_Srb

Djape_Srb

okay ty