Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Microgame throwing errors

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by rsaidiv, Mar 4, 2021.

1. rsaidiv

rsaidiv

Hi ,
    I am using Unity 2020.2.f1
    I just started unity by clicking on the 3d option and created a new scene.

I then went to the asset store and imported the FPS microgame.

I went to the FPS folder and clicked on the mainscene. but i get all these errors and cannot test it.

these are the error i get. Sorry if this is a dumbway to ask.

[Package Manager Window] Error while getting product update details: User is not logged in or user status invalid.
    UnityEditor.GenericMenu:CatchMenu (object,string[],int)
    Packages were changed.
    Update Mode: mergeDefaultDependencies

The following packages were added:
    com.unity.connect.share@1.2.0-preview.1
    com.unity.learn.iet-framework@0.3.0-preview.5
    com.unity.probuilder@4.2.3
    com.unity.progrids@3.0.3-preview.5

UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

GUID [9fc0d4010bbf28b4594072e72b8655ab] for asset 'Assets/FPS/Scenes/SecondaryScene.unity' conflicts with:
    'Assets/Scenes/SampleScene.unity' (current owner)
    Assigning a new guid.

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.learn.iet-framework@0.3.0-preview.5\Framework\Interactive Tutorials\Editor\Internal Proxy\AudioUtilProxy.cs(8,19): error CS0117: 'AudioUtil' does not contain a definition for 'PlayClip'
    Library\PackageCache\com.unity.learn.iet-framework@0.3.0-preview.5\Framework\Interactive Tutorials\Editor\Internal Proxy\HandleUtilityProxy.cs(8,30): error CS0117: 'HandleUtility' does not contain a definition for 'FindSelectionBase'
    Shader warning in 'Hidden/ProBuilder/ScrollHighlight': 'UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE': macro redefinition. Previous definition found at :1. at line 29

Compiling Fragment program with DIRECTIONAL
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP SHADER_API_DESKTOP UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_FULL_HDR UNITY_PASS_FORWARDBASE
    Disabled keywords: LIGHTPROBE_SH SHADOWS_SHADOWMASK DYNAMICLIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_ON LIGHTMAP_SHADOW_MIXING DIRLIGHTMAP_COMBINED SHADOWS_SCREEN UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_ENABLE_NATIVE_SHADOW_LOOKUPS UNITY_METAL_SHADOWS_USE_POINT_FILTERING UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER3 UNITY_HALF_PRECISION_FRAGMENT_SHADER_REGISTERS UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING UNITY_VIRTUAL_TEXTURING UNITY_PRETRANSFORM_TO_DISPLAY_ORIENTATION UNITY_ASTC_NORMALMAP_ENCODING SHADER_API_GLES30

2. mohabbadran1998

mohabbadran1998

anyone can fixing this problem?!

3. ibrahemfb

ibrahemfb

Hi,
    In unity got to Package Manger ->unity registry -> select "Tutorial Framework" click update.
    this fix it for me .

4. CodeOneFortyNineINC

CodeOneFortyNineINC

Hello everyone, I too have similarly confusing issues with my game after trying to add unity IAP, currently I am using Unity 2020.3.6f1 and IAP version 3.1.0. The errors are:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.learn.iet-framework@0.3.0-preview.5\Framework\Interactive Tutorials\Editor\Internal Proxy\HandleUtilityProxy.cs(8,30): error CS0117: 'HandleUtility' does not contain a definition for 'FindSelectionBase'

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.learn.iet-framework@0.3.0-preview.5\Framework\Interactive Tutorials\Editor\Internal Proxy\AudioUtilProxy.cs(8,19): error CS0117: 'AudioUtil' does not contain a definition for 'PlayClip'

Has anybody figured out a way to fix this? I am assuming that a file is in the wrong folder or missing altogether. Perhaps I am using the wrong Unity version?? Any insight would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

5. CodeOneFortyNineINC

CodeOneFortyNineINC

Update: I reopened my game in version 2020.1.0f1 which I used to use to develop my game and the problem is no longer present:)

6. prohaiham

prohaiham

brooooooooo you are firee!!! i solve it thanks

superstrings likes this.
  7. CmdrZin

CmdrZin

Package Manager > Interactive Tutorial Core > Update to 2.0.0. to fix missing definitions.

zephyrcoull and Gollum99 like this.
  8. richardpine

richardpine

Yes , update fix the missing definitions, but the tutorial panels doesnt open...

9. richardpine

richardpine

My question, why a lot of people who i know used 2020.3.14f1 and they can work just fine, and I have the SAME version and i take package problem....?

10. Peeter1978

Peeter1978

On a more general note: the microgames should be opened in the Unity version pointed out at the beginning of the tutorial (it's on the right side of the screen), where it says when it was last updated. And secondly: they just are buggy. Not all of them, not always, but they do contain bugs. I studied these tutorials this Spring thoroughly and ran into several weird situations I couldn't explain myself, when searching for help online, it came out, they were bugs.

11. Gollum99

Gollum99

FindSelectionBase changes to FindSelectionBaseForPicking
    PlayClip Changes to PlayPreviewClip

or follow CmdrZin's suggestion above to fix these issues.

12. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Meh, all of the following don't work for me... Ruby's 2D Adventure, FPS Microgame.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

You need to either 1) Open the scene mentioned in the tutorial 2) Complete the tutorial. Often an asset import for a tutorial will add a directory structure with the scene files that you need to open first. Otherwise, you are likely just seeing an empty scene when you run the game. This thread is discussing errors when running the game, likely not related to your issue.