Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. oooooooooott

oooooooooott

Wow... 70 bucks... I want to buy it, but am scared about spending that much money... And since I'm an Indie Developer, and use Indie version of Unity, Would this work? "Next Features Works With Free" doesn't seem very specific...

2. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hi, I dont think price is too high. But again everyone judge from their experience. In "professional" world of game development everything cost much more as companies require exclusive rights to their product. In indie development its different, nobody care about exclusive rights but care about functionlyity of product.
    The price were set accordingly to time and effort I spent doing this, also when indie developers buy this, they intend to create their own game and make money of it or atleast get noticed by others. Its up to you to decide if you want it or not. Hope you understand what I mean.

What about features, ALL of them are working in Unity free.

Cheers!

3. wackyracer3

wackyracer3

It's still a bit unclear to me. So I would take the Bullet.js script, and add it as a component to any weapon of my choice? Or is it something else?

4. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Drag player prefab into scene, select any weapon from its hierarchy (Deagle for example), In inspector view you will see WeaponComponent script, and there is a variable called "Bullet", drag and drop you bullet prefab into that variable, save back character prefab by dragging and dropping back to prefab its root object.

5. wackyracer3

wackyracer3

Oh, so what you need to do is: Put the bullet prefab in the hierarchy, modify the damage and stuff to your liking, save a new bullet prefab, and use THAT new bullet prefab you just made as the new bullet variable inside Weaponscript, right?

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  6. SLIMEBASS

SLIMEBASS

Thanks for taking your time :) It did work with charm, Sorry if I've been a little retarded

7. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Awesome Stuff, testing it currently. Would be cool if you could add some kind of Shopsystem (like Counterstrike)

8. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Question. Would Multiplayer aswell work with PC/OSX Binary's, not webplayer?

9. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

FPS Kit 2.0 were tested on PC/Mac/Linux and Web, so it works there.
    What about Mobile Devices, not sure. Probably it will give couple of errors in Generic lists.

10. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

thanks. I followed your ImpactHoles Tutorial but it doesnt work for me.

I created cube, tagged as metal
    Metal is included in bullet prefab
    but nothing happened

11. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Did you created new tag or just selected from exisitng ones? Also make sure cube layer is not IgnoreRaycast.

12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I used existing tag (metal). Not IgnoreRayCast? Where do I find this option?

13. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Object layer is near tag option

14. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Its not IgnoreRaycast, Layer Default

15. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Tag say "metal" or "Metal". Make sure it's identical as from bullet list, letter by letter.

16. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thank you, that worked. 2 more questions.

How can I make a background for the Multiplayer JOIN ROOM Page? The second Page (Resolution, Quality, Spawn) shows the Camera Focus, but first room shows pitch black

2. Question. How can I remove the Resolution and Quality Settings in the Multiplayer Menu? I want predefined values (1280x1024 and Good Quality)

17. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

No problem

1. EDIT: There is a part in ConenctMenu script which changes camera far clip plane to 0. You will have to remove it to be able to see map background. ANd able to customize background by placing plane with attached texture.
    2.You will have to rewrite part from OptionsSetting script to match your preferences.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  18. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thank you

1. worked.

2. hmm I think i need to learn c# :D

Last question. How do I remove all weapons from the player in network mode so he can pickup weapons laying on ground.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
  19. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Check front post for Documentations/Tutorials. The one you need called "Weapon Pick Up" it have all explanation.

20. Pixmah

Pixmah

@NSDesignGames can i ask about adding scoreboard of total deaths and kills.. do i need to put it on playerdamage.cs??

21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Hello NSdesignGames I dont understand. I see the Script you mentioned in the Project Folder, but its not attached in the scene (Bunker_Scene). There is only _FPS and _NETWORK and non of them has a connection to the WeaponPickUp Script. Do I just change the script in the project folder?!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2013
  22. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

Yay! I finally found out how to create TEAMS :D Its easy

23. technotdc

technotdc

How ????

24. ineteye

ineteye

Hi! is there any simple solution to make 2 pistols in hands?

25. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

There is a folder in Project called WeaponsForPickUp or something liek this which contain prefabs for weapons which you can drag and drop in scene and than pick up in game. Each prefab have WeaponPickUp.js attached. You can modify values for any weapon from there,

26. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

There is no built-in system for 2 handed weapons but you can always modify exisitng code to fit your needs. Thats actually the whole idea of FPS Kit 2.0 so developers can modify it as needed.

27. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thank you but I want to make a network scene where the player has only pistol at beginning. How to I set this up? I did the following

open my scene
    import _network prefab to it

now its playable but player as all weapons. How to remove them? In the hierachy of network there is no connection to the weaponpickup script!

28. Pixmah

Pixmah

can you share it to me? ^^

29. wackyracer3

wackyracer3

I am also wondering this. How would one be able to modify the existing guns loadout? What script controls this and what do I need to do in order to change the loadout? Hoping to hear a response for this soon :)

30. Pixmah

Pixmah

can you share it ? ^^.... i also need it hehehehe

31. ineteye

ineteye

So you plan to include 2 handed weapons in next release? When you plan for that update? )))

32. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

How am i able to make a text that is displaying when the player killed someone? For example i mean this: "You killed Player" (But then in a textbox)
    Is that possible?

33. technotdc

technotdc

Hi TBOY298.....

can you explain with us how to create TEAMS ???????

34. Pixmah

Pixmah

@TBOY298 can you tell us on how did you find it to work on this kit?

35. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Can anybody tell me how to remove the weapons from the _network multiplayer part, so ppl can pickup weapons.? thank you

36. Pixmah

Pixmah

i've done on spawn on team match but teammates still damage one another... can you help me out guys.

37. wackyracer3

wackyracer3

Still awaiting a response for all of the questions above me, as I too want to know the answer to them. :)

Oh, and I wanted to ask. Where exactly in which script is the line of code where it detects someone killed someone? I've looked around all of the weapon scripts, damage scripts, and etc, but I can't find it exactly. What I want to do is I want to add some effects to the user when they kill someone, like "Double kill" and simple stuff like that, but I just can't find the script where it holds that kind of code for killing users. Please advise?

38. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

There is not just one line in one script which handle kill report.

Its done the next way. PlayerDamage.cs script receive damage, when hp reaches 0, it send kill notification to script called WhoKillWho.cs which is handle message displaying.

39. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

NSdesignGames

Could you please provide a tutorial for the _network how to use _network in a new scene and modify the weapon payload of the player?

40. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

For _Network check tutorials at front post, the one you need called "Add Multiplayer to new scene"

What you mean by modifying the weapon payload of the player?

41. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I know how to include the multiplayer into a new scene. But when I do your tutorial why, the player has all weapons. I want that the player has none or only 1 weapon and need to pickup other weapons. Your tutorial regarding weapon-pickup does not working with multiplayer since in _network there is no weapon pickup attached somehow.

42. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

To change weapons that player spawn with, drag and drop player prefab into scene, find object called WeaponManager
    and there will be script called WeaponManager.js it have list with weapons, you can rescale and assign any of available weapons.
    Dont forget to save prefab back.

43. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Thank you I will try that

44. Pixmah

Pixmah

@NSdesignGames i managed to add team but teammates can still hit each other. I must add new tags for both team right? the NetworkPlayer i've copy it 2 times then change the tag to my new tags right? the on _netwrok on scene i added the copy prefab of NetworkPlayer am I on the right way on doing team match?

45. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

There is many ways to accomplish that. What you probably have to do is split players by tags like "Team1" "Team2" and define via script what player could be damaged and what not. Like if you from Team1 you cant damage players that are tagged as "Team1" and vice versa.

I suggest you to post your questions related to Photon at their forum, here is link: http://forum.exitgames.com/

46. Pixmah

Pixmah

@NSdesignGames thanks. is it on the Bullet.cs or PlayerDamage.cs where i should add the new script for one another? and make a TeamManager.cs for the spawn or is it ok on the RoomMultiplayer.cs where i add the spawn?

47. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs handle player spawn and PlayerDamage.cs handle player hp, so you most likely will have to edit both. In one you define player team and tag and in PlayerDamage.cs you can disable damage for players that are from your team.

48. Pixmah

Pixmah

thanks for this i really appreciate your help.

49. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

Hi guys,
    Here's some important info how to setup teams the basic way.

NOTES:
    I still dont know to add teams in the player list (pause menu section)
    Sorry if this was not well explained

TUTORIAL:

You have to this simple steps first:
    1. Check if your spawns works right.
    2. Make a scene before the multiplayerscene 1 and multiplayer scene 2.
    3. Make a new scene called "menu".
    4. Create a empty gameobject in the "menu" scene.
    5. Apply a simple menu script to that gameobject that alllows to choose a level. (just google that on the internet)
    6. Add the "menu" scene and "multiplayer scene 1", "multiplayer scene 2" to build settings.

Explanations:

menu scene = add it before this scenes bellow!!
    multiplayer scene 1 = for example we use a sniper networkplayer
    multiplayer scene 2 = for example we use a shotgun networkplayer

(Just duplicate the first multiplayer scene (1) and duplicate the networkplayer, but then with other weapons)

I hope this was enough information ;)

Tell me if you need help

50. Pixmah

Pixmah

ohh... i'm gonna try it later thanks for this...