Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Reiner

Reiner

Okay that was the error :) thx

2. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Its not a problem in the script. The bullet holes will not spread randomly, they only go up. If you want them to spread randomly, you will have to add it your self. When will people realize that this kit is not a full game. You can drag and drop all you want but its meant to have people learn from it and build off of what is given to you.

3. RedEyeFox

RedEyeFox

Yes i know,but i know when something is bug or i need to make it myself , i love the fps kit and i want to say good job to the author :p

[Problem solved]
    I just editing this in WeaponScript
    firePoint.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(Random.insideUnitSphere * errorAngle) * Transform.rotation;
    firePoint.LookAt(GetCenterOfScreen());
    to this
    firePoint.LookAt(GetCenterOfScreen());
    firePoint.rotation = Quaternion.Euler(Random.insideUnitSphere * errorAngle) * firePoint.rotation;
    :)

//Sorry if my english is bad.

4. aidangig56

aidangig56

I need to have a seperate Network player prefab for each team. How can I do that I am adding multiplayer zombies!

5. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Already answered in the thread

6. aidangig56

aidangig56

What page in thread?

7. Reiner

Reiner

Any one do a game mode for capture the flak? because I would like to build on it to do stopwatch game mode aka RtCW.

not if. I try it this way.

8. clayster2012

clayster2012

Im having a problem with weapon pickup to add more ammo, and I think I followed the tutorial correct, I made a new prefab for the pickup weapon, named it to match the weapon with weapon script, gave it rigidody, Box Collider, added Sphere Collider and checked it as trigger, I went into networkplayer and assign variables and changed the pick up style to add, ok but when I tested the game and tried to pick up the weapon nothing happens, is there something Im missing?

9. Nexonity

Nexonity

Hey everyone! I have a problem, i need my bullets to go trough a trigger collider which they don't for the moment. I think the bullet system is using ray-casts? Anyway that's not my strong side of Unity so if anyone could help me with this it would be really appreciated. Thanks

10. sbrtate22

sbrtate22

How can u make the round time longer

11. Williams0987

Williams0987

Simple way
    Code (CSharp):
    1. //Here we setup possible numbers for max round duration in game
    2.         maxRoundOptions.Add(25);
    3.         maxRoundOptions.Add(300);
    4.         maxRoundOptions.Add(400);
    5.         maxRoundOptions.Add(600);
    And continue on with more.

12. sbrtate22

sbrtate22

Is that in on of the package script to do I make my own script
    Màqq
    s s

13. sbrtate22

sbrtate22

Is that in the package script or do I have to make my own script

14. Williams0987

Williams0987

It's a package script the ConnectMenu.cs look for
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start
    Place that code and edit it how ever you like.

15. ThrillKill

ThrillKill

OMG no wonder all the those that offered good code tips, ideas and shared stuff stopped replying to this thread. Sure they could have moved on but have you looked at some of the posts lately.. You can start to understand why ndesigns stopped supporting it. Hell if you google around you will find 100's of games running this kit with only the name changed and if your lucky some of the colours changed. Kids these days, all rush impulsive, want it all at a click of a button and instant gratification.

If a person can't even be bothered to look at the scripts, prefabs and actually make and effort to learn how this kit's put together or C# they are not worth the time to reply to. Sure you can be nice but your just allowing the cycle to continue. There's some old saying about giving someone a fish you feed them for a day but teach them how to fish they can feed themselves forever. You can toss out the answers, which I don't mind doing for those that at least show some effort. If you google anywhere about coding help you'll see lots of mention and see people actually helping those who at least try to do something.

This is a pretty good video on the subject:

h.t.t.p:\\vimeo.com/84022735
    This is the first of a two-part series on society's now distorted view of creativity and success

Ghosthowl likes this.
  16. sbrtate22

sbrtate22

how to set up the capture the flag i did the tut but its giving me error

17. Stan-B

Stan-B

Exactly, and that's why I'm not here any more.
    "noobs are back hoping somebody will make their game for them :("
    But, it's not going to be a game, just an ugly clone!

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  18. sisca

sisca

I use the FPS kit version 2.0 ns results from the design ..

How is that my way to change the system of photons into full php mysql? ?

I want to set up my own server does not use photon anyone can help me how full tutorial??

I just fear that if the system is changed it will also change the system in motion and animation as well as other in-game settings that exist in our version 2.0 fps is ..

Where and how do I get new users who want to play can register on my own website without registration on the website photon? ?

19. johnson07

johnson07

this is a clear example of what they are talking about above.

this thread used to solve problems on the kit ....
    not for someone else, create your game ...
    do it by yourself, so you will realize that creating a game is not an easy thing as buying a kit.

20. sbrtate22

sbrtate22

aight but creating games is suppose to be fun i realize not easy but also wat is the main point of a forum is to help when something doesnt go right like come one

21. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

I would help some of these people but thy are pretty ungrateful.

22. johnson07

johnson07

what you are asking is not help ...
    you are waiting for someone else to do the work for you ...

certainly create a game is fun ... when you can do all by yourself ...

23. sbrtate22

sbrtate22

thats not wat i was asking like in capture the flag it says edit the line on example 654 but watu suppose to put does work i just ask for better example

24. Reiner

Reiner

Hello, i have a little bug i have add new weapons with animations so all fine. when i go in zoom mode with the weapon looks all fine to. someone i dont now why the weapon is not in position for zoom but the weapon scope to near at the player so the camera in the scope then. when i make the zoom time faster enter the error rarely on. or is the weapon/arms to near to the cam?

:)

25. GameDev_John

GameDev_John

I didn't know if this was a problem on my end or a known glitch but I thought I would report it to the forum. I did a recent import to check again, when you throw a grenade in multiplayer it will explode and have smoke and other effects for the player who threw it. For the player that the grenade was thrown at, they see the grenade itself but none of the effects applied to it.

26. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

Thats on your end. Works fine for me.

27. Reiner

Reiner

Hello i have a problem with the grenate animation. i have add a longer animation for grenate fire. all looks fine but in the middle of the animation stoped an than the nate fly. i think its a time thats stopped the animation but i dont find it. in the weapon animation.cs looks all good and he must play the full animation but in the middel or in 1,2sek stopped. whats wrong?

28. ThatOneGuy321

ThatOneGuy321

Any reason why I cannot type in the enter nickname box?

29. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

missing font in the GUI skin.

30. Reiner

Reiner

New Version in Asset Store V1.6.0.1

31. ThatOneGuy321

ThatOneGuy321

thanks man fixed it

32. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

no problem

33. aidangig56

aidangig56

I have been trying to setup a new character for my fps kit game. Everything works EXCEPT, the character animation. Whenever I try to test my game in the editor. it always says animations could not be found but they are all assigned. to the script. and the animation component has been added. Why do I get this error?

34. midorina

midorina

This has been answered multiple times by myself and others. Do not use the same animation file twice. If you need to reuse an animation, create a new one and use the same frames.

35. aidangig56

aidangig56

Still not working for some of my animations, "Not found, on the character animation script they are not assigned multiple times either."

36. aidangig56

aidangig56

Does anyone know how to add an fps player AI to the game. I was wanting this for gameplay testing before release. Does anyone have an idea of how to make the Fake Player (ai) join after the host joins , thank you. Then shoot and play like a regular player with pathfinding.

37. matthew9815

matthew9815

Can you add login/register system + buying weapons and equipping them?
    I will buy it~!

38. rpg_gamer

rpg_gamer

Hi there! I have been doing some modifying of the kit. I have added in some survival timers, for hunger and thirst... when those get low, they start to affect the players health. All is working well so far, I am using GetComponent to access the currentHp variable from PlayerDamage. so my timers actually do affect the player's health. The problem I'm having is it allows the players health to drop below zero, just keeps counting on passed zero and down. ie, the player doesn't die when it reaches zero.

here's how I am applying damage to the currentHp variable :

Code (CSharp):
    1. /* DAMAGE CONTROL SECTION*/
    2.         if(currentHunger <= 0 && (currentThirst <= 0))
    3.         {
    4.             script.currentHp -= Time.deltaTime / 2;
    5.         }
    7.         else
    8.         {
    9.             if(currentHunger <= 0 || currentThirst <= 0)
    10.             {
    11.                 script.currentHp -= Time.deltaTime / 4;
    12.             }
    13.         }

here's how i've used GetComponent to reference the PlayerDamage script :

Code (CSharp):
    1. PlayerDamage script;
    2.     public void  Start (){
    4.         script = gameObject.GetComponent<PlayerDamage>();
    7. etc etc....
    9. }

what am I missing to actually kill the character when it reaches zero? I noticed a function in PlayerDamage :

Code (CSharp):
    1. public void ApplyFallDamage(float damage){
    2.         if(photonView.isMine){
    3.             photonView.RPC("DoDamage", PhotonTargets.All, damage, PhotonNetwork.player);
    4.         }
    5.     }

I'm thinking that is somehow how I apply the damage I need, but not sure how to do it from my survival timer script yet.

any help is definitely most appreciated, thanks!

39. aidangig56

aidangig56

How do I let each player select a server based on their region?

40. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

You script it in yourself. We arent here to make a game for you. This thread is for people who have a problem with the kit. We arent here to help you add additions to the kit itself.

41. KingofMk98

KingofMk98

You can play with more than 4 people. The max amount of people who can play a game together with photon free is 20

42. sisca

sisca

Thank you for the response, I read in a forum other than the photons can play 4 people or 20 people in the free server photon in the forum itself explain if we do not want to use a free server that only 20 of the photons that we can use their own computers at home to make a server, is it true? ?

you know how? ?

And fps kit is very helpful at all, thank you ^ _ ^

43. sisca

sisca

Hallo guys..
    i can't change the team name, why ? ?
    The tutorial (Add New Scenes) not same with the kit 2.0 (Only Change team Name) -____-"

44. yoash

yoash

Hey guys, I've been using the tutorial on the first post to try and replace the network player model, but when im finished the model is invisible to any other players in game? Anyone else had this problem or have any tips on how to replace the character model?

Thanks

@sisca yes it appears the team name variable is gone in the new version. Maybe you can just add it in, or we'll have to wait for anothr update.

45. sisca

sisca

I have a problem in this kit, either on the part where I may not know
    when I build and test the game to try to see the 3d models of the charackter (3d person model) is not visible ..

I initially run player 1 to the middle of the game map, and run player 2 is also central to the game map to see, but what happens is the player (3d models) although we do not look at the screen shown being is there but no player models, and when I checked that the 3d model 3d person shooter is left in the spawn location andnot player can go walking together, why? ?

46. aidengaming123

aidengaming123

Does anybody know how to make the player invincible for a few seconds after spawn?

47. yoash

yoash

Hey, this happened to me when I tried editing the player. Did you edit the network player model? When you try FPS kit on a fresh project is the problem corrected?

48. Freznosis

Freznosis

Hi Thrillkill, I'm having some problems not with your code but rather setting it up.
    I am fairly new to NGUI but I have experimented and got up to par with it, now my problem is I am very confused in your instructions to create this.
    In your first script you say I must reference a script for values, what values exactly are the values you are talking about? I'm stuck here as I don't know what values should be ref.d, are you talking about customProperties or values of join button etc etc. Thanks.

49. Que

Que

Will I be able to use MultiOnline instead of Photon Cloud?

Unity3D will release it's own network cloud service?

50. Reiner

Reiner

most bugs of this kits happen when you dont have a tag named "Remote". In a clear new install the tag not exist!