Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. suttonb

suttonb

Looking forward to the TNET integration package!

2. drakekaz

drakekaz

Is there a way to unequip all the weapons so I can have the players pick up weapons as they find them?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2014
  3. misterff1

misterff1

Can I update the FPS kit without losing my work? I have altered some of the code and would not like to lose all of this

4. Steve-of-Construction

Steve-of-Construction

Nope, that's not possible. I have the same problem. If you update everything is lost.
    You'll have to find a way to implement the new code step by step. That's very tricky sometimes.

5. esder

esder

I´m have a problem:
    Other players can´t see weapons in thirt person player.
    any idea how to fix it?

attached a picture: $Error.png

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  6. Stan-B

Stan-B

If you add/update the weapon you need to do that in 2 places - 1st person model and 3rd person model. For 3rd person model follow up user guide "Setup 3rd Person Character for Multiplayer " on the first page

7. esder

esder

still not working, I'm doing wrong?

$Error.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2014
  8. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

$Unity 2014-01-23 01-20-07-73.jpg $Unity 2014-01-23 01-22-46-18.jpg
    hi guys i hope you can help me with this one
    this is my problem for this past week i have set up a new set of weapons and all is working well
    the 3rd person weapons is ok
    but the muzzle flash is always wrong it is positioned right in the scene but when i play in the game it fires differently
    i followed the instructions on the tutorial still i have this problem ..

9. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey,

Make sure Weapon Name variable at first person weapon (WeaponScript) correspond to third person weapon name.

Cheers!

Hey,

That's because muzzle flash parent object have local axes that are different from Unity's global axes.
    You can fix it by creating empty game object and assign it as muzzle flash (dont forget placing it at same position), then make muzzle flash as child of that object and rotate it inside so it faces the right direction.

Cheers!

___
    About new update it was submitted to Asset Store and currently awaiting approval.
    Stay tuned!

10. Snouto

Snouto

This toolkit looks great but I'm wondering, are there any plans to support mobile (optimisation/input/etc) if it does not already (I don't think it does)?

Cheers

11. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey,

This Kit most likely wont be ported to mobile but I might do separated Multiplayer Kit for mobile development.

Cheers!

________

New version was released on Asset Store
    Check it here: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/4652

Version 1.6

NOTE: This version was entirely converted to C# so it's no longer compatible with previous versions of Kit.
    Folder "FPS Kit 2.0" was renamed to "FPS Kit 2.0 C#"

- Converted all scripts to C#
    - Fixed chat bug
    - Added fall damage
    - Updated PhotonCloud plugin

After importing dont forget to:
    1) Setup your PhotonCloud ID and isert it into PhotonNetworking settings
    2) Add Multiplayer Scenes into build setting to able play

12. RamenxNoodles

RamenxNoodles

Has anyone ever encountered a problem that would shoot players into the air when they would press against each other at the same time?

I'm having this weird bug where players would be sent flying vertically if they touched each other while moving. I have no idea what's causing it.

13. Stan-B

Stan-B

Got the following exception during the play:
    Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3. DetonatorFireball.UpdateFireShadow () (at Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorFireball.cs:159)
    4. DetonatorFireball.Explode () (at Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/DetonatorFireball.cs:195)
    5. Detonator.Explode () (at Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/Detonator.cs:335)
    6. Detonator.Start () (at Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Detonator/System/Detonator.cs:278)

14. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey,

Try to disable moving platform at FPSController.cs attached to player.

Hey,

When did the error occured? Also how often does it happend and does it interrupt the game?
    I just imported Kit from Asset Store to new project and tested a bit and didn't saw the error.

15. Stan-B

Stan-B

Not sure when it happened. I've imported new version of kit and just tried to play for a few minutes. There were 3 other players. It did not interrupt the game

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  16. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Well those errors are at scripts from Unity's Detonator package which is pretty old now (but still works).
    If the error happens once or twice I dont think there is problem, it might be one of those rare errors which do not influence the gameplay.
    But surely I will fix it once I find what causes them.

17. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Seems like error happens when explosion hit our player. It fails to assign rotation of some particle relatively our player.
    I doesnt affect explosion look and only result in that error.
    I am going to test it more to make sure there is no other bugs then wil lrelease a bug fix

18. Amer-ALhwifi

Amer-ALhwifi

Hello dear ,
    First i want to thank you for this awesome kit :) , looking forward to seeing more awesome kits ! :).

I just have a question about the MultiPlayer setup . I see it's developed with Photon Networking . So , if i don't want to host my game on Photon . I want to use another company , How can i configure the kit ?

Thanks ! :)

19. allpay

allpay

Hi NSdesignGames

It is impossible to apply new update of FPS KIT in my project due to used mixed C# and js scripts. But I need photon Plugin uptade and fix to chat bug (also fall damage). What should I do? pls help me...

Best.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  20. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey,

Multiplayer script are designed to work excludively with Photon Cloud or Photon Server.
    You still can use signle player scripts and implement with your multiplayer code.

Cheers!

Hey,

There is possible way to do it.
    - Import new version of Kit into empty project.
    - Opend Assets folder in file explorer
    - Open you project with old version of kit
    - Drag and drop Scripts folder from previously created folder into your project Assets folder (But only those that have same name as JS from older version, ex. There is FPSController.js so you import FPSCOntroller.cs)
    - Open empty scene and drag and drop NetworkPlayer prefab
    - Now start replacing JS assigned to player with C# from Assets/Scripts folder
    - Reassigning will not refresh the values (in most cases)
    - When you done, save player prefab back

To replace multiplayer scripts, replace them with new ones but not inside Unity editor but dirrectly in folder.

To update Photon Plugin remove Photon Unity Networking folder from FPS Kit 2.0 fodler.
    Than drag and drop Photon Unity Networking and Plugins from previously created project.

NOTE: Dont forget making back up copy of your project before doing this

Cheers!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
  21. Amer-ALhwifi

Amer-ALhwifi

Thank you sir. It's clear now :).

Another question if you don't mind . I see there is 2 game modes , How can i setup another one ? - such a capture the flag mode - . What is the script that control the game modes ? .
    2- Is there any chance to get classes ? Like a refile-man , sniper .. etc and give the player the chance to select ?
    3 - How can i setup a special character to Team 1 , Team B ?

I really like this package , it's awesome :).

22. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey,

1. To add custom game modes you will have to modify game code (RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs). There is small example for capture the flag mode, to see it check front post on first page.
    2. The answer is similar, to add custom things you need to manually edit code.
    3. You can setup 2 player prefabs and than do small modification in RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs at the spawn player part like:

if(playerTeam == "Team 1"){
    //Spawn first player prefab
    }else{
    //Spawn second player prefab
    }

23. satre

satre

Good day, I just wanted to ask simple question, the answer will help me to understand how networking with photon works. How to let other players to see a flashlight light? and also hear turn on/off torchlight sound?

24. Amer-ALhwifi

Amer-ALhwifi

Thanks.
    I Just know how to make it :). I'm working on Classes right now ^_^.

There is a little problem . I got it more for multiple time , the solution was re-import the kit again . There is no problem with it right now , but when the game got bigger it will be a horrible problem ! :( .

Here it is :

( He is a real player , he see me like this )
    any idea , sir ?

25. TheBorDr

TheBorDr

Hello, there. First off, wonderful asset- I have attempted to use other FPS systems from the asset store and none have compared. I have been using this since the first week it came out, before the multiplayer, even!

My problem is that there seems to be no angle of error when aiming. No matter what I set the variable to, it always shoots with perfect accuracy. I thought this might be a bug with my copy, but in your multiplayer demo, it seems there is the same problem. Shotguns do not have this problem and seem to work normally. Methinks there is a bug in our midst. (There was no problem with the JS version of the weapon script in the old version. A conversion error as you translated it to C#, perhaps?)

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  26. midorina

midorina

Just a quick question. Does anyone know how to keep the Photon Room active/online once all players leave? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

27. RamenxNoodles

RamenxNoodles

Disabling the moving platform did not solve the problem. Also I have yet to update to the new cs scripts, I am waiting to get them now.

Would you be able to give me a clue as to why this would be happening? I have probably changed something that would cause this problem, but look back into what I have changed I don't see anything that would of caused this bug to happen.

28. Stan-B

Stan-B

I can confirm that issue exists even if you disable moving platform in both versions(JS and C#)

29. RamenxNoodles

RamenxNoodles

Yup, I just tried it myself. My friend died from fall damage lol.

30. midorina

midorina

It's nothing to do with disabling Moving Platforms.

Simply change the Step Offset on your Character Controller to 0 and it will fix the problem.

In Mini Combat I've added a trigger zone around all characters. When two characters are close enough, it will change the Step Offset (on the player) to 0 so they don't fly in the air.

This is the closest thing to a fix I've found.

Hope that helps,

31. RamenxNoodles

RamenxNoodles

After implementing a way to set step offset to zero the players can walk through each other while moving. How can I prevent this?

32. midorina

midorina

Add a collider. That should fix your problem.

33. RamenxNoodles

RamenxNoodles

Code (csharp):
    1. Error   35  Metadata file 'C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Temp\bin\Debug\Assembly-CSharp.dll' could not be found    C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\CSC  Assembly-CSharp-Editor-vs
    2. Error   1   Backing field for automatically implemented property 'MultiplayerChat.ChatData.color' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer. C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\MultiplayerChat.cs   20  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    3. Error   2   Backing field for automatically implemented property 'MultiplayerChat.ChatData.text' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer.  C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\MultiplayerChat.cs   20  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    4. Error   3   Backing field for automatically implemented property 'MultiplayerChat.ChatData.name' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer.  C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\MultiplayerChat.cs   20  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    5. Error   4   The 'this' object cannot be used before all of its fields are assigned to   C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\MultiplayerChat.cs   21  10  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    6. Error   10  Backing field for automatically implemented property 'MultiplayerChat.ChatData.timer' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer. C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\MultiplayerChat.cs   20  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    7. Error   11  Backing field for automatically implemented property 'WhoKilledWho.WhoKillWho.timer' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer.  C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\WhoKilledWho.cs  23  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    8. Error   12  Backing field for automatically implemented property 'WhoKilledWho.WhoKillWho.killedColor' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer.    C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\WhoKilledWho.cs  23  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    9. Error   13  Backing field for automatically implemented property 'WhoKilledWho.WhoKillWho.killerColor' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer.    C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\WhoKilledWho.cs  23  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    10. Error   14  Backing field for automatically implemented property 'WhoKilledWho.WhoKillWho.middleText' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer. C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\WhoKilledWho.cs  23  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    11. Error   15  Backing field for automatically implemented property 'WhoKilledWho.WhoKillWho.killed' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer. C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\WhoKilledWho.cs  23  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    12. Error   16  Backing field for automatically implemented property 'WhoKilledWho.WhoKillWho.killer' must be fully assigned before control is returned to the caller. Consider calling the default constructor from a constructor initializer. C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\WhoKilledWho.cs  23  13  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    13. Error   17  The 'this' object cannot be used before all of its fields are assigned to   C:\Users\User\Documents\SocialPlay\FPS Kit 2.0\Assets\FPS Kit 2.0 C#\_CustomAssets\Scripts\Network\WhoKilledWho.cs  24  10  Assembly-CSharp-vs
    I finally got a chance to work with version 2.0 of the FPS kit and noticed that I get these errors whenever building using Visual Studio. It doesn't prevent me from playing/building the unity project, though it does bother me seeing Errors when I build. I would appreciate the help to fix these errors if possible.

34. Optical-Illusions

Optical-Illusions

Dear NSdesignGames ,

I have read your tutorials on how to add a new gun but i was wondering i it the sam process to adding a new gun to multiplayer. If not please make a turorial on multiplayer please because i have a series of gun models i would like to add to my game. Also for multiplayer do you think in a next update it would be possible to add two network players, you know to have to different models fight eachother and assign one ofr one team and another network player for the other that way peole dont have the same character. Thanks.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  35. localhost

localhost

Hi,

This has been answered so many times please look at the other pages for more info.

It's the same process of adding a gun to multiplayer as suggested in the tutorial.
    To do two team models you need a variable, look at the other pages for examples.

EG

Team 1 = PlayerPrefab1
    Team 2 = PlayerPrefab2

Cheers

36. Mihai93

Mihai93

Please Make Classes

37. Stan-B

Stan-B

noobs are back hoping somebody will make their game for them :(

38. Optical-Illusions

Optical-Illusions

Thanks for the response local host but there are 68 pages to go through and i am not willing to spend my time looking through thme to find this.
    Second I am not very experienced with C# but more with JS and C++ which unity does not have. So if anybody has a way of editing this C# script or finding a way to add two types of models on two types of teams please reply.
    Thanks

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  39. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

And therein lies the problem with selling game kits - people think they should be able to reskin them and sell them with no effort.

40. Stan-B

Stan-B

Yes it's much more easy to ask the same question again and again than read 68 pages. I provided detailed instruction how to add second character with the full source on page 61

Edit - I've read this forum couple of times and found lots of useful info here, but I understand you are too busy to read 68 pages

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  41. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

I was trying to add a 2nd character model following your instructions and get theses errors.

$2ndCharacterErrors.jpg $2ndCharacterScriptErrors.jpg

42. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey,

Add } before void SwapTeams(), and also remove space in setPlayer Team so it's setPlayerTeam

43. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

I always think the problem is way more complicated then it is ... thanks

Still have a long way to go before I lose my newb title :p

44. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

So it works I can see the 2nd character I changed by making a material in red with the different skin, problem is i see him as a clone where he spawned but nothing updates even if i move him around or anything and i am on 2 different computers...

Any idea what needs to be done so it plays right with both skins ?

i put NetworkPlayer and NetworkPlayer 2 on the slots of the Room Multiplayer Menu (script)....

$character2test.jpg

45. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

Not trying to be rude or anything but some of us are more artist then programmer and are trying to make something beautiful out of the FPS kit by buying it and i think looking for help to add basic stuff like having different models in a team game mode is to be expected ...

Why would anyone buy it if they could make it themselves isn't that the whole point of the asset store ?

46. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

Well I bought it, and I'm a programmer. It's not that I couldn't make this myself (I most certainly could), it's that it makes things more convenient because I have a ready-made base upon which to build. You just can't get around having to do custom scripting - otherwise you're not making a game, are you? You're just modding a game at that point.

47. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

If i'm buying a complete project in the asset store like an fps kit i could make kids throwing snowballs in a park with cartoon SFX or i could make ninjas throw shurikens at each other on a mountain top in asia with mature content , it would be 2 very different looking games...

With fps kit 2.0 with 0 custom scripting because ièm new to programming and d'ont have as much time as i would like with a family and work ... as much as you are saving time buy buying it to save time aswell have a base to start with ...

Last edited: Feb 3, 2014
  48. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

Trying to figure out why players appear as clones and why player names aren't showing and nothing is updating in the other players view...
    Would it be because NetworkPlayer2 is using NetworkPlayer in a script ? Anyone successfully made team B have a different skin ?

49. PixelPaw

PixelPaw

Went on older version and got it to work , copied script came back and it worked .... don't know what caused it ....

50. eliteslayer

eliteslayer

@Stan B.
    I thank you for your tutorial on how to add a second player in the game however when I pasted in the code that you provided into the room multiplayer script, I get a series of errors in the console. could there possibly be an error in the code that you provided or is there possibly a step I missed? either way I got about 5 errors in the console ill paste them below:
    Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(658,71): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `team'
    Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(680,22): error CS1547: Keyword `void' cannot be used in this context
    Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(680,23): error CS1525: Unexpected symbol `(', expecting `)', `,', `;', `[', or `='
    Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(686,21): error CS0116: A namespace can only contain types and namespace declarations
    Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(697,14): error CS0116: A namespace can only contain types and namespace declarations
    Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(705,14): error CS0116: A namespace can only contain types and namespace declarations
    Assets/FPS Kit 2.0 C#/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network/RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs(710,1): error CS8025: Parsing error

Those are the 7 errors I got on the console, if there is a way to fix this problem I hope get an answer. Thank you