Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. misterff1

misterff1

Can anybody explain to me how to add a "killshot" message on screen? tried to use the gui function on totalkills++ already, but it wont show.

A code example would be welcome :D

2. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

So when I make a new player prefab to have a different character for each team, the ragdoll (or dead body) is the same for both of the two teams. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated!

3. Williams0987

Williams0987

Hey,

Click on the player prefab. look for the PlayerDamage.cs and there you should see a public GameObject that says "Ragdoll"
    now drag and drop a new ragdoll on to that.

4. Mixxit

Mixxit

here's an easy one for you

how do you set weapon damage values

5. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

Thanks, but for some reason it replaces both player prefab models with the newly selected model, i might just make a blood splatter or something haha

6. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

For each individual weapon, or for where the player was hit?

7. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

Thanks!

8. Smartline-Games

Smartline-Games

Hi there guys,
    I don't bought the FPS Kit yet but it looks interesting. I would like to know some stuff about it:
    -Does it shows a message on the screen when you kill someone? Like "You killed ThatGuy123".
    -Are the gun sounds working good over network connections?

Could anyone answer to this please? thx

9. misterff1

misterff1

I asked the same question, but apparently no one knows the solution, because I still don't have an answer either

edit: i mean the first question. for the second one: yes it works correctly

10. midorina

midorina

1. Yes, this shows in the upper right hand corner.
    2. Yes and they can be changed to whatever you like. They use the AudioSource, so you can change volume and effects etc.

Also I'd just like to say that I've released a new video about my project, Mini Combat. If everyone could check it out and give feedback, I'd very much appreciate it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnAa6eWqB0

Thanks!

11. misterff1

misterff1

I think he means the same thing as I do: a message in the middle of the screen that only shows when you killed someone.

Mini combat looks good like this, but change the bloodyscreen, the standard one looks a bit ugly and everyone knows the framework you used :D

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  12. midorina

midorina

Hey,

Thanks, I'll be actually taking it out in favor for the Damage UI asset that was mentioned here. It should perform and look a whole lot better!

13. johny

johny

Hey NS. Any chance we could see the flashlight on sci-fi looking gun turn on/off for all players in a future update?

14. misterff1

misterff1

Yeah it does. If you want to test it, have a look at my own game that's using it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h4uu0b8pmamwsh/test build.zip
    (I just started with this one, so that explains why I only have a new map sofar :D)

But back to that killshot message, do you have a solution for that one?
    Also my grenades don't kill anyone, even if they stand right in the middle of it. how did you make it work in your game?

15. misterff1

misterff1

NS doesn't reply to this thread lately. I'm afraid he dumped the project and wont update it anymore

16. midorina

midorina

Awesome, I'll take a look at it.

Also if you send me a PM or add me on Skype (see profile) I'll see if I can fix the problem. I don't want to spam the forum with replies.

Cheers!

17. misterff1

misterff1

Okay i'll add you on skype somewhere today. thanks in advance!

18. kimbo

kimbo

Just bought this.
    Trying to run the test scene and the animation objects are missing in the baselevel object.
    Anyone have any ideas?

19. Mixxit

Mixxit

how do we do swimming?

20. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

Yes, project was abandoned by the author.

21. Mixxit

Mixxit

incase anyone else comes along and is looking to add swimming

i created a plane with a box collider and ticked isTrigger then added a new script to it i called WaterBlock.cs that called a sendmessage

then in FPSController i added a value to store swimming status and receive the message sent from waterblock

then at the end of ApplyGravityAndJumping also in fpscontroller i added a check for swimming

animations and what not could be set anywhere in here - also be sure to set a nice center etc on your box collider water block

also did some further checks for vehicles hitting the water and ejecting the player to the right water level using a raycast but ill exclude that since it will just confuse matters

22. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

has someone tried this game via LAN connection ?? if yes? can you guide me the process of doing that ??? cheers :)

23. Mixxit

Mixxit

never tried this but i guess you would install photon server on a local lan pc and change your photon settings to point to it or something? would be neat to find out though let us know!

24. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

yeah i hope the veterans of this thread can help us :) and as far i as know the original version of this kit is lan based?? but correct me if im wrong :)

25. midorina

midorina

As far as I'm aware you will need to install Photon within the LAN, Photon doesn't have peer to peer.

And no, the original version wasn't LAN based, it didn't use any networking solution.

26. Stan-B

Stan-B

27. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Thanks it's working like a charm! but when i try to create a room and select a map it just reconnects and wont load the map have you encountered this before? i get this warning when i create a room it disconnects and reconnects then shows this warning
    $ss (2013-10-11 at 01.10.10).png

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  28. Stan-B

Stan-B

Have no idea! Installed on VPS with 2008 R2 and my own pc W7 Ultimate and did not have a problem. Try to google and check the following video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n5R1cDuYUY#t=72

29. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

i got the LAN Server working but as i edited my post earlier that every time i create a room it connects to the master server then shows up the warning above and disconnects it loops forever and i cant start a match with it any ideas to fix this???

30. Stan-B

Stan-B

I just ran clean install on my old laptop running W8 and after opening firewall ports(note there are multiple ports to open!), I was able to run my project without any problem. I'm pretty sure this is firewall problem.

Here are default photon service ports list:
    Listens: udp-port 5055, tcp-port: 4530, 843 and 943

Last edited: Oct 12, 2013
  31. domwhu777

domwhu777

How do you change the view distance

32. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Hey Stan got the Lan Server Figured out ! your right it is a firewall thingy thanks :)
    have another question thou
    is it possible to let this message show via a guitext like the connecting gui ??
    and is it possible to add a volume and mouse sensitivity on the room menu? right below the graphic settings !
    cheers bro! thanks again !

$ss (2013-10-14 at 02.49.04).png

33. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

Does this work with Flash export?

34. Stan-B

Stan-B

35. RetronamicGames

RetronamicGames

36. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Hey stan can guide me through how can i canm implement a Ingame map ? what assets will i need? and how do i adpot the random spawn point for the map player location of the map

37. Stan-B

Stan-B

I use NJG MiniMap:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/8339

1. Open NetworkPlayer and add NJGMapItem.cs script to the main camera of the Network Player:
    NetworkPlayer>LookObject>Main Camera

2. Open scene and add NJG MiniMap (3D) prefab to it. Change Layer to Weapon and Boundary Layers to Default

Done!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  38. zero cool

zero cool

How do you change the input.key? I thought you posted a mobile controller for this.

39. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Update on the NJG map thing for the kit
    i got the kit working thanks Stam B.! although i sed the 2D prefab the 3D prefab wont work for me because the minimap flashes everwhere LOL but thank bro !
    Questions:
    how to set the other teams icon on the map as Enemy tag and when they are killed the skull icons will apper ? any ideas??

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  40. Stan-B

Stan-B

hint - add NJGMapItem.cs script to the ExampleSoldier(fbx)

41. vincentellis

vincentellis

Project abandoned, there's no support from author or updates.

42. Mihai93

Mihai93

yea i dont see any new update or samthing else or a just a good big update to close

43. midorina

midorina

I have to say, I don't think it's "abandoned" per se. The kit is complete and comes with tutorials for you to edit your own projects. There's nothing really more to add to the kit that you can't do yourselves. NSDesign only updates the kit if there seems to be a problem or bug with it. The last update fixed some bugs we were all having.

It's unfair to call it abandoned just because the author doesn't reply. We don't know his situation at the moment, anything could be wrong. People including myself from the thread helps out where we can. So regardless if the author is here or not, you will still find support here.

44. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Hey Decerto , i recently checked your mini combat game screenshots on desura and i was amazed how you improved the kit although i have a questions such as how did you improve the Gui ? NGUI? or just GUI texture images? placed bellow the text's ? and how did you implement a per weapon notification such as shanked or demolished and murdered? if you cant share it publicly feel free to message me :)

45. sezbladex

sezbladex

Hello Guys

i want to like counter strike teams check wins replay round how can i make ?

if (!PlayerViews.Any(a => a.team == Team.TeamA) || !PlayerViews.Any(a => a.team == Team.TeamB))
    CallRPC(SetGameStarted, PhotonTargets.All, false);
    else
    {
    if (ResetGameTime == float.MaxValue)
    {
    if (!Shareds.Any(a => a.pv.team == Team.TeamB))
    {
    CallRPC(SetTScore, PhotonTargets.All, TScore + 1);
    CallRPC(TerWin, PhotonTargets.All);
    ResetGameTime = Time.time;
    }
    if (!Shareds.Any(a => a.pv.team == Team.TeamA))
    {
    CallRPC(SetCTScore, PhotonTargets.All, CTScore + 1);
    ResetGameTime = Time.time;
    CallRPC(CTerWin, PhotonTargets.All);
    }
    }
    if (Time.time - ResetGameTime > 3)
    CallRPC(StartGame, PhotonTargets.All);

46. midorina

midorina

Thanks, I've spent a bit of time on it!

For the GUI, I've only used Unitys GUI, I actually have no experience with NGUI. However I'm looking to change the GUI to NGUI when I'm more experienced with it.

The notifications aren't actually weapon based, I've just used Random.Range() to change the text values.

47. Master_Chief

Master_Chief

Hey does anyone know how i should tackle allowing only one player into a vehicle? (This is a question about Photon, not the kit only), i was going to use SetActive when a player enters on the enter collider, but i cant get it to de-activate across all clients, does anyone know how to do this? I was going to use PhotonNetwork.Instantiate Destory but it was too tricky, any ideas?

48. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Hey Guys Again! :) I Hope Someone Can help me on this one :) i am trying to set up an mini firing range for new players to test the weapons and test their skills , and is it possible to use the bullet.prefab as a animation trigger? for example? when the weapon is fired on a target the target will go done and after a few second it will go back again , and is it possible that the room is not send in the photon networK? for example the player created the training room but others will not be abled to join the room because the player is just training ,
    i hope someone can help me specially the experts there special mension sir Decerto Stan B. :))

49. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

I would make a singleplayer level to avoid anyone joining, and for the target going down and coming back up after a few seconds, you could have a target, and an animation play making the target drop, then rise, and play the animation at different speeds for different times...
    Hope I helped!

50. des43

des43

Give the script so that in the course of the trigger Wean CP was for example a player went up in smoke