Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. FantasyProdFR

FantasyProdFR

Hello, I love your script already and thank you for doing so, I will not break your head with options to add because I think we need a minimum work ourselves.

I just want to know how to remove in-game, see change the skin for WeaponList menu?
    $947776Capture01.jpg

Thank's a lot.

2. misterff1

misterff1

Hi,

I recently bought this package and I would like to know how to insert "ui damage" from the asset store in this kit correctly.
    all i gotta do is add those scripts to network player, but what should I set as 'enemy' in the script?

Could someone please helpme asap on this issue?
    Thanks in advance!

3. misterff1

misterff1

decerto can you help me with the ui damage script?

4. misterff1

misterff1

Please someone help me, I dont want to have bought that package for nothing

5. GenOli

GenOli

Has anyone had the issue with the 3rd person character being up in the air but character controlled being in correct position (on ground) when in game?

In the editor they are aligned properly.

6. midorina

midorina

I don't understand the question. What are you wanting to do exactly? Please be clear.

I can confirm this. I'll check a few things and try to fix. Will post here about how to fix it.

7. misterff1

misterff1

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/8797
    that's the link to a package i want to use to extend the visible damage on the player. How should I implement it correctly?(I'm sure you find a way to get the package in a "different" way to test it)

8. GenOli

GenOli

Good to hear I'm not the only one.

I've noticed that when I disable Character Animation (Script - attached to character), my character is back on ground (minus animations etc.).

9. midorina

midorina

I don't own this asset so I don't know. It should be relatively simple though. Sorry!

10. misterff1

misterff1

Yeah that's what I thought too, but what should I set as enemy then? as far as I know that one is the same as for yourself, networkplayer, but this cant be the same for that damage prefab. so am I wrong in this or can I ask for a refund, since this is indeed the same?

Edit: if you haven't got a similar thing in your game you might want to give it a shot.. it's a huge improvement to the overall game experience!

Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  11. draulleo

draulleo

Do you guys recommend or tried using playmaker for this kit?
    (for photon stuff)

12. GenOli

GenOli

Regarding the character up in the air issue, I think I found a fix or workaround.

Leave character controller exactly as the example prefab had it (NetworkPlayer) settings-wise, you then need to work out roughly the distance the character off (up in the air by a unity or w/e), then select all the sub-groups/bones of your main bone and drag it down (up if character is too low) that rough distance, then select the main bone and drag it back to the original position.

13. brianbraatz

brianbraatz

Having a problem with weird "Squares" on the particle effects

see video:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46532640/FPS Kit Weird Squares.mp4

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/46532640/FPS%20Kit%20Weird%20Squares.mp4

I am working on a proto to be shown to a potential customer on tuesday - any (quick) help appreciated- something is clearly whacky with the way unity is wanting to display the particle effects

14. Braindog

Braindog

Goto FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Detonator/Resources/Detonator/Textures folder select the Smoke.psd file and switch the TextureTyp from NormalMap to Texture.

15. brianbraatz

brianbraatz

16. localhost

localhost

Hey

Getting a error,

Not sure, cheers

17. Raido.Right

Raido.Right

Hello. I have a questions on the FPS controler.

How to clean (to lower to a minimum) movement delays after performance of a jump, turn, strafe? And how to increase strafe speed? For dynamism and smoothness of movement. Thanks.

18. draulleo

draulleo

Also does anyone know how to deal with Rigidbodies in photon?
    When i move a rigidbody with DragRigidbody.js or with a gun, it moves away for the one who moves it, but it stays the same on another players screen.
    Whats going on here?

19. localhost

localhost

Awesome.

One more problem though,

Getting this, not sure why

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  20. misterff1

misterff1

Stan, you made my day :D thanks for the usefull info on this damage ui.
    I do get the same error as localhost's last issue though.. did i miss something there?

21. misterff1

misterff1

How is your computer setup? If you have made changes to the videoquality options, then that might be your problem.When your pc is rendering on lower quality it can give squares on particle effects..

22. misterff1

misterff1

Stan, sorry if it's a dumb question, but could you please give me the code as i should implement it? I usually figure these things out myself, but i'm not really familiar with C# and JS..

Is there perhaps another option to get rid of the error?

23. pezz

pezz

Hi

What script detects collision with the bullet and a surface then instantiates the impact objects?

So far I only see the bullet.js. but it has nothing in it about collision. Only a variable called impactHoles.

What changes that variable?

24. misterff1

misterff1

done

25. Mixxit

Mixxit

i'm looking to buy this but i'm not going to pay $86 because of the stupid euro conversion rate - can you please PM me your email and i'll pay you over paypal or something ! thanks!

26. misterff1

misterff1

I agree.. I sent him a PM for a login script issue at least 4-5 days ago and i still dont have an answer.

27. Mixxit

Mixxit

he didnt respond so i had to pay the euro overhead :( i hate this pricing tax - ah well! got it anyway :)

28. Mixxit

Mixxit

Fixed it in FPSController.js with
    mainCamera.camera.farClipPlane = 20000;

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  29. Rassliwe

Rassliwe

Hello. I have 2 problems with kit.

1) Nope animations of the characters.
    2) When the die not respawn.

30. Mixxit

Mixxit

hi this wasnt in the tutorial i read through i just have __Room (with PhotonView, MultiplayerChat and RoomMultiplayerMenu) Camera and EnableHelper

31. midorina

midorina

Hey guys,

I just wanted to say that I've released an extension for the FPS Kit to allow fall damage. Players can take fall damage based on how many unity meters they have fallen within the game. If the player dies whilst taking fall damage, it will display a server message. You can control minimum distance before a player takes damage through the inspector.

It's a simple install with just replacing of scripts. Each new line of code is commented for easy editing.

For more information, please follow http://diminished-studios.com/fall-damage-for-fps-kit-version-2-0/

Cheers,

32. midorina

midorina

Strange error. Never seen that before. I've checked my email and I've gotten no email from paypal. Can you double check and see if its been taken out of your account?

Cheers

EDIT: Got it, you should receive an email. If not feel free to contact me.

33. midorina

midorina

I've received your payment and refused your second payment. You should be able to download the asset from the first email you have gotten. If you didn't receive an email the first time, please email me using the "contact us" on the website and I'll get you the download link.

Cheers,

34. SiriusStar

SiriusStar

Great asset!!

Is it possible to get the blend file to see the animations of the ExampleSoldier?
    I can only access the fbx.

Thanks, NSdesignGames.

35. klaussilveira

klaussilveira

Are there any plans of adding location-based sound to the project?

36. Mixxit

Mixxit

I am having trouble locating the bullet damage applied to players - when I fire at an AI it's receiving a damage value of 0 yet I can kill players

Any idea where this is defined because as far as I can see the definition for Bullet.js sets var damage : int = 20; but I do not receive that on my AI

37. midorina

midorina

The hit boxes on your characters also add damage. Check and see if these are also set to 0.

38. Jacopo97

Jacopo97

guys i need help
    I can not put the different character for each team? Please

39. misterff1

misterff1

Anyone has an idea why the enemy isn't aiming at me when he fires the weapon, yet he still can kill me? I assume it is an animation, but how should I change that to make it work?

40. SiriusStar

SiriusStar

There is no support to some animations on the CharacterAnimation.js. It's not possible to see third person animations like Reload.

Is it will be developed on a future version or I have to buy something else to get this feature?

Thanks!

41. SiriusStar

SiriusStar

On the PlayerNetworkController.cs has a region where update the position of the remote player. It's has been applied a Vector3.Lerp to smooth the movement of the remote player at the cost of some accuracy. Maybe changing that code you can solve this.

42. arena

arena

Anyone have problems getting stuck while the map is "loading"?

I even start a fresh project and try to run it.. After you create a room, it starts loading the room and just says "loading" forever.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks

43. midorina

midorina

Make sure you added your new scene to the build options.

44. SiriusStar

SiriusStar

Ok, Stan.

I only question about something else because it would be possible to exists that feature on your site. Just like the fall damage.

45. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

$ss (2013-09-17 at 07.12.07).png
    hello guys i'm having a little trouble adding an exit button on the main menu it has no errors but the button wont show any ideas? thanks :)

46. Ds777

Ds777

When someone shoots me I get an error on this line in PlayerDamage.cs

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    PlayerDamage.DoDamage (Single damage, Vector3 position, .PhotonPlayer player) (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerDamage.cs:243)

My UIDamageManager.cs
    public void OnDamageTarget(Vector3 attacker, bool showScreenFlash, float screenAlpha, bool shake, Transform playerTarget)
    {
    target = playerTarget;
    OnDamage(attacker, showScreenFlash, screenAlpha, shake);
    }

Help please..

Attached Files:

47. Ds777

Ds777

Yes, a lot of times, if possible please send me these files

48. SiriusStar

SiriusStar

I got it!

Thank you, Stan B.

49. Master_Chief

Master_Chief

Stan B can you check your pm ?

50. AlteredPlanets

AlteredPlanets

Anyone have problems getting stuck while the map is "loading"?

I even start a fresh project and try to run it.. After you create a room, it starts loading the room and just says "loading" forever, and I also made sure it was in the build settings.

Anyone know how to solve this?

Thanks