Search Unity

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. CoMMoN86

CoMMoN86

I realized that because of a bug, if you select a scene and run it would be a mistake (not always, but it will be) about the capture the flag mod works ATP, the question of how to make a ka grammotno

2. anubishe

anubishe

Where is other forums for FPS kit? The page too long. It did not easy found informations, thanks

3. Brandon_G

Brandon_G

Will you ever release red vs. blue for purchase as its source? I would really like to buy something like it as it provides almost all the things I need. Think you can/will do that? If you do, can you add a friend system where you can mail and private message them? This would be really cool if you could.

4. allpay

allpay

@NSdesignGames

Hi, I wonder if there is an improvement work about login system such as account system . If the answer is yes, please give some info about estimate finishing time. :rolleyes:

Thanks...

5. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

I Don't Understand The
    number 1 Solution sir
    "1. You need to change sounds for third person copies of player Weapons too."
    but Other than that i Got the Rest

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  6. aidengaming123

aidengaming123

Go to the bullet pre-fab and duplicate it. Name the new one what ever you want. You can then change the force and damage. Go back to the sniper on the character and switch the bullet prefabs.

7. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hi,

1. You need to change sounds for third person copies of player Weapons too.
    2. To make players from each team look different, you will have to setup 2 prefabs of player instances with different soldier model and then slightly edit script called RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs to spawn different player for each team.
    3. To play videos in game you need to gave Unity Pro.
    4. You can easily animate camera and put background image (Check Unity docs).

Cheers!

8. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

I Don't Understand The
    number 1 Solution sir
    And I almost Forgot In the Network Player Prefab
    in the Looking Object sub the Main Camera, i wanted to add a Image Effect on the Camera let's say a Camera Motion blur but everytime i add the script it wont execute it
    any suggestions how to fix this?

9. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

People , do you know how can i make (in this kit) order when i kill enemy? I think: I kill my friend and on my screen will be photo(order) like "+100". This is in big games like call of duty , battlefield and more.. nobody know how to do that? I was tried but i dont know how :<

10. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

I Don't Understand The
    number 1 Solution sir
    And I almost Forgot In the Network Player Prefab
    in the Looking Object sub the Main Camera, i wanted to add a Image Effect on the Camera let's say a Camera Motion blur but everytime i add the script it wont execute it

11. draulleo

draulleo

Dear NSDesign games, i have several questions.

1. I added new weapons ingame, and added them to the third person weapons too, yet when i shoot, no animation or sound plays (for the other player).
    2. How can i make the flashlight seeable by other players?
    3. How can i make all the sounds made by a player hearable by another one close to the player?

Thanks in advance!

12. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Dont spam please -.-

13. midorina

midorina

1. Make sure you have correctly set all your weapons up in "ThirdPersonWeapons" and that they are using "WeaponSync".
    2. Set your flashlight up in the ThirdPersonWeapons. Also set up a script to when the flashlight is enabled on the First Person (local) view, it will switch the light on for the Third Person view.
    3. Change the distance and audio curves in your AudioSource within "ThirdPersonWeapons" to adjust the volume and distance of your gun sounds for third person models.

14. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

decerto , about my question? Can you help me?

15. draulleo

draulleo

Thanks a lot man :D

16. midorina

midorina

You will need to edit PlayerDamage.cs and add your own variable. If you search for "totalKIlls++" (this adds 1 when you kill someone). You will need to add your variable underneath this so "customVariable += 100;". You will then need to show your variable in the void OnGUI function (still in PlayerDamage).

17. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Decerto how about my questions., Can you help me ???

18. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Yea i think only on order, i will try add ongui to playerdammage ;)

19. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

I hve that problem if i dont know nothing about ongui scripting, i dont know how can i add "ongui" order when i koll player and only on my screen ----"only on my screen" this is a problem ;-;

20. wencms

wencms

Hello NSdesignGames, how to make shop? players to buy weapons :)

21. midorina

midorina

I don't know what you want me to answer. Can you please write it again?

http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Components/GUIScriptingGuide.html

This will help you grasp the basics concepts of using GUI scripting commands. Essentially you just want to display a simple label with "+100" in it.

22. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

Sir Decerto here is my question
    and can you explain how to fix the sound in the network player prefab because i change the sounds of the guns but when i play via online the sound i hear from the other players are the default sounds but mine is playing the new set of sounds
    it will be awesome if you can help me sir :)

23. midorina

midorina

You need Unity Pro for image effects to work. If you have Unity Pro, simply add your image effects to [Network Model] > [LookObject] > [Main Camera] > [Weapon Camera]. All effects must be placed on the Weapon Camera for them to properly display.

You need to make sure that you are using the same sounds in "ThirdPersonWeapons". You can add/replace any gun sounds in the WeaponSync.cs file in the inspector. Please see NSDesign's tutorial for this, he already explains how to do this.

Hope this helps!

24. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

yes Sir Decerto I have unity Pro and have tried that but whenever i go to the network player prefab there is no main camera on it just a script i only see the camera and other details when i drag it on the scene
    and yes i have applied some Image effects before but when i run the game it's all gone any suggestions?

25. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Decerto , i know how to show any button and orer on screen , but my problem is "order when i kill enemy" if you kill enemy in hmm black ops 2 on your screen is beatiful picture "Headshot" or whatever, you know?

26. midorina

midorina

If you do not have a Main Camera in your network player prefab then you probably broke it or not looking correctly. Re-install the latest FPS Kit and apply the image effects to [Network Model] > [LookObject] > [Main Camera] > [Weapon Camera]. If the problem still persists then re-install Unity Pro and re-import the image effects again.

You will need to send/broadcast a message to WhoKilledWho when a player killed another player with a headshot. You will need to modify the head hitbox. Then within WhoKilledWho, set it up to display the headshot image or text via OnGUI.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  27. Sutton_2

Sutton_2

Any news on adding mobile controls?:grin:

28. allpay

allpay

@NSdesignGames

Hi, I wonder if there is an improvement work about login system such as account system . If the answer is yes, please give some info about estimate finishing time :rolleyes:.

Thanks...

29. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Decerto, bigger thank you! But im green with script and i dont know how to write this ;/

30. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

I have mobile version and if nsd give me permission i can share it on youtube or sell for nsd ;)

31. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

I have one question. If you answer people and me dont ask of this again.
    If you make new version , will be shop weapon(menu) and login and register?

If not = im making this (login and reg)
    Bbut a lot of people dont know how to make better weapon in your kit
    Cheers

32. midorina

midorina

You will need to make a custom shop/buy menu yourself. In regards to a login and register script, you can buy: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/682

Making better weapons is up to you. This is not a complete solution to your game, it's just a framework to use. You will need to make all the weapons yourself and add them in.

33. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

i have a question because i added some image effects on the weapon camera prefab and it is working fine now but as i play the game then i want to change the quality to let's say fastest it ruins the scene and you cant move your character just the arms
    but if you try to go back to fantastic settings it runs smoothly any suggestions?

34. midorina

midorina

This might be an issue with the "Blend Weights", set this to 2 or more bones. I'm just guessing though!

35. BossRockers14

BossRockers14

thanks i fixed it Boss Decerto! :)
    and i dont know if you know how to fix this but i'm trying to build a Lan version of it via Photon Server any ideas how to pull this off? because internet connectivity is a problem on our University so . i gues.. LOL

36. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

Thank you Decerto ! :)
    Again aBOUT Orders when i kill enemy (only on my screen) i shouldnt but: can you write this ? I can pay or i dont know what i can do for you if yyou do this. You know like black ops 2 - Kill enemy = big order up your screen (5seconds) and thats all . Wwhat can i do for you if you make this?
    I know know (im a faggot xd)

37. midorina

midorina

PM me and we'll talk about custom features.

38. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

39. Glazer

Glazer

Hello,

Quick question on how to add my own weapons into the game before I buy this. Would I be able to use the weapon prefabs you include in the package and edit them with the model of one of my weapons if it's pretty much going to be the same thing with some minor tweaks? So essentially, take an example weapon prefab, remove the weapon from it, and insert my own weapon instead of doing it all from scratch. Just curious, it'd make things a lot easier.

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  40. des43

des43

I Have a Couple of questions, How can I translate the entire game on the Russian language And how do I make the Menu With shops Please Help Tell me If I Pay you For the help

41. wencms

wencms

same here asked this question but no one helped me :(

42. Drymarti111

Drymarti111

In scripts you should search all words in game like "deathmach" "players" "fps kit" etc. and if you see words like your game you should delete it and write your russian words :) if you dont know i can help in pm

43. polo12

polo12

Okay, so, My older brother recently bought this for my birthday present
    I have a couple question about how to use it :

1. I noticed that in the beginning of the round, every player got every weapons, is there any way to change it? ( Sorry NOOB Question xP )
    2. I'm aware that you can use a different model for the TPS, but, can I do something so everyone got random skin instead of the same skin for everyone?

Thank you for your support

44. midorina

midorina

1. Locate [Network Player] > [Look Object] > [Main Camera] > [Weapon Camera] > [Weapon Manager] - There you will see a script called "WeaponManager" - This holds all your current/starting weapons.

2. You will need to code that in. Find "RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs" and make the changes to SpawnPlayer. Or simply attach a random material changer script to your network prefab that will randomly change the material and textures when spawned - up to you.

45. polo12

polo12

Okay, I think I got the hang of it :D

And, I was about to ask something important but somehow I managed to forgot it in a miraculously short time frame -_-
    So, while I try to recover it from the deep slumber of my "wonderful" memory, I decided to ask you something completely unrelated,

Does this kit support LAN multiplayer?

EDIT #1 : Btw I'm a total blind in coding maters, so if you may, would you like to be more specific about the second answer, about the random material changer script to be more precise :)

EDIT #2 : Okay I remember, can you set up a weapon shop with this kit? not that it matters tho, as my plan for the game is to have a weapon scavenging feature, but you know, a lot of people would like to have it in their games xP

Last edited: Aug 3, 2013
  46. des43

des43

Я пишу по русски у меня вот такие символы получаются ????????

47. des43

des43

Can you help

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  48. des43

des43

I am writing in Russian I have here, these characters are obtained????

49. midorina

midorina

The kit only works via Photon. You'll need to make major changes to support LAN.

1. On your Network Player, simply make a script that changes the material of the model. That way when you spawn, you will see different skins for your models, randomly, upon spawn.

2. You can set up a shop system to buy weapons, but this requires script editing. I'm not going to go into detail about how to do this but look how the weapons are spawned in and adjust accordingly.

50. aidangig56

aidangig56

Hey, I bought the FPS kit, and I would like to add zombie damage to the player what would i go into the playerdamage, and how would I use knife damage. I already have zombie health scripts but I need the zombies to be able to use damage against the players, thanks!