Search Unity

FPS Kit | Version 2.0

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by NSdesignGames, Oct 2, 2012.

1. EliteUnity3D

EliteUnity3D

I bought FTP Kit 2.0 from the assets store, i paid $70 so far. Im trying to make my Zombies/Follow me and i can recieve damage from them. I added PhotoView component to it. and the ZOmbie AI, and ZOmbie Damage, when i go play the game, the Zombies seen no to see me, and i can;t attack them. Can somebody help me for a Zombie AI Script for Photon Multiplayer? or Regular NetworkView i try to convert it.

2. Pixmah

Pixmah

@NSdesignGames about adding kills and deaths ? is it should be on PlayerDamage.cs ? or in roommultiplayer.cs? i've tried adding it on PlayerDamage.cs but after i kill somebody when i died it resets

Last edited: Feb 9, 2013
  3. Mihai93

Mihai93

Sameone know how to add a login mode and add team kill?

4. Pixmah

Pixmah

i've done it. but how can i disabled damaging my team mate? you have any idea?

5. ImNew2Unity

ImNew2Unity

while adding in multiplayer, i have this error:
    UnityException: Tag: Remote is not defined!
    PlayerLocationSync.Start () (at Assets/FPS Kit Version 2.0/_CustomAssets/Scripts/Network C#/PlayerLocationSync.cs:39)

Also when i run the game, i ran it in offline mode, but once i joined the room it stayed on a grey screen and doesnt change

6. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Error says it all, just add tag "Remote" into your project

7. draulleo

draulleo

Hey!

This project is awesome!

Ive been trying to make and looking for a team scripts where basically you can choose teams and the two teams spawn at different spawn points, but i
    havent been able to find any!

8. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

FPS Kit comes only with Free For All mode, to customize it you will have to write new script or edit existing one.

9. anton1987ru

anton1987ru

I have a problem! In game creator lobby can normally aim, but the people who join can not all buggy ! flare glitch !

10. Mihai93

Mihai93

@NSdesignGames are you going to make same new update for this kit just for knwo.

11. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

Hi NSDesignGames,
    I have a question about the script called: WhoKilledWho

How do i change the "killed" text with a image?

12. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

The only thing I planned is to make FPS Kit 2.0 compatible with Unity for mobile development.

13. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

If I am right there is something like this +"killed"+, so to do what you want just replace "killed" with image variable.

14. Master_Chief

Master_Chief

hey mate, do you plan on releasing 3.0?

15. wackyracer3

wackyracer3

Yeah I am wondering the same thing. It was unclear as to how he explained how it works.

I want to make it so that when player1 gets two kills in rapid succession, it will say "double kill" on player1's screen. It may just be me, but I think the code for killing people is just all over the place and not well put together.

NSdesignGames, help? :(

16. johny

johny

Hey NSdesign this question isnt 100% regarding FPS kit 2.0 (Although I am using it) but the photon that works with it. I have a gameobject that is moving as soon as the server starts and it is important that all players see it in the same place. How do I synchronise it so that when a player joins it is the same place as every one else and not starting from the original point again? Not sure if I should use rpc or what.

17. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

How do you want me to help you? Make whole game for you? I guess its time to realize that if you want to make something you have to do/learn it by yourself.

I am here to consult things regarding stuff that included in FPS Kit 2.0, and not something that have nothing to do with stuff included in Kit.

EDIT: Kills are sent the next way. PlayerDamage.cs receive hit damage, after health recahes 0, it Destroy player and Send Kill message to WhoKillWho.cs which is assigned to _Network gameObject. WhoKillWho.cs than display kill message on screen.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  18. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hey, Photon have forum which have alot of usefull topics. Some of them also related to your question.
    Check it at http://forum.exitgames.com/viewforum.php?f=17

19. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

lol... people who are a bit to lazy to make games themselfs.
    Im only here at the forum to ask people when im not sure about my scripts. (If they are working or not)

20. wackyracer3

wackyracer3

I am willing to do things by myself, I am just confused as to how your kill system works. I'm not asking you to do it for me...

Thanks for the info, I now understand how it works. Though now I am wondering, inside which file should I put my double kill code in? And where? I am looking around PlayerDamage.cs and I can't find the place where it actually registers the kill depicting who killed who (not the file). If that isn't clear enough, I am wondering where in the code it finds out who actually killed who and then registers the kill. I am looking around and I swear I must be blind, I can't find it :S haha

Last edited: Feb 12, 2013
  21. Pixmah

Pixmah

@NSdesignGames . . about show playername when the crosshair points out on the enemy to show name . . . because i've tried on figuring it out but it ends at the same thing..... should i use on mouse hover?

22. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Well I see you dont know how to inspect a code :)

If you carefully scroll around PlayerDamage.cs you will find next comment and line after it:

//Send death notification message to script WhoKilledWho.cs
    GameObject.FindWithTag("Network").SendMessage("AddKillNotification", gameObject.name, SendMessageOptions.DontRequireReceiver);

23. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Google is your best friend. There is tons of forum topics and answers which can help you.
    One suggestion - use raycast hit to determine player name and than display it.

24. Nomad5oul

Nomad5oul

@NSdesignGames

How difficult would it be to put AI enemies in the demo map provided so any human players that join have some AI controlled enemies to kill, like a basic online co-op mode?

Before I purchase I'd like to know if I can tag or add your scripts to my AI enemies so they will work across the network with human players.

Please could you add this feature to the kit or a tutorial explaining how to do this and switch player vs player damage off if its a co-op game?

Thanks

25. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

I can't certainly say how difficult is to add AI to FPS Kit 2.0.
    It depends on many factors like AI complexity, programming skills etc.

One thing I know that its not easy to add AI into multiplayer because both are complex fields of game develop

26. klaussilveira

klaussilveira

You should update this to make use of Mecanim.

27. pezz

pezz

Why doesn't this work with unity 4.0?

28. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Because you using old version - 1.2c which is not compatible with Unity 4

29. pezz

pezz

Ok I will tell my client.

30. superme2012

superme2012

I sent you a PM. I’m interested in the KIT for some prototyping and I wanted to know if it’s possible to extend the package to use AI.. I’m not bothered about the AI, I’m more interested in the support for a non-player object being able to deal and receive damage, to and from multiple clients.

I can probably script this myself using the photon network api and extend your code, but I wanted to check to see if there is already something I could use within the asset/package/kit.

As I’m prototyping, speed is the priority and is why I’m asking..

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013
  31. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hi,
    All damage in Kit is transmitted by bullets/projectiles.
    So no matter who instantiated it, bullet/projectile will transmit damage to player it hit.

One thing you need to limit is the client (player) which will handle AI and bullets they instantiated.
    In Photon its called MasterClient. So you probably will have to limit bulelt damage to be done only on master client side

Code (csharp):
    1. if(PhotonNetwork.isMasterClient){
    2.  doDamage = true;
    3. }else{
    4.  doDamage = false;
    5. }
    or something like this

32. superme2012

superme2012

Top man, will look into this tomorrow

33. wackyracer3

wackyracer3

I am a bit new to this, not going to lie. Willing to learn, though. Just need a little guidance :p

Okay, so after that line, I should put the code that finds personA who killed personB and send the kill notification to him? I'm going to experiment and see what I can come up with. Thanks for the help!

34. Pixmah

Pixmah

@NSdesignGames should i add the customproperty for the scoreboard of deaths and kills ? on roommultiplayer.cs or i need to create an new one?

35. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Yea, RoomMultiplayerMenu.cs is the best place to add custom properties too as its a main menu which control stuff inside rooms

36. cubaschi

cubaschi

Very interesting package. Tried the demos and found it very solild.
    The only thing that keeps me from buing right now is that it doesn't seem to be using the mecanim animation system - or am I wrong? It would be awesome to be able to use mecanim and all the animation data that comes with it. Changing characters would also be easier, wouldn't it?
    Are you planing to integrate mecanim as the 3rd person controller?

Simon

37. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hi,
    I am not really consider graphical part (models, animations) as a priority stuff for this Kit.
    The main thing FPS Kit 2.0 provides is a tweakable FPS System and Multiplayer Example (+ many other small scripts)

All of the models/animations there were made as place holders and I dont think somebody will want to reuse them. But they work well for testing purposes.

Imagine that everyone who using this Kit created games which use default models/animation, they will basically look the same.
    Its much better to have custom models/animations which will add some uniqueness to your game.

Hope you understand my point.

Cheers!

EDIT: I dont think its too hard to implement mecanim into FPS Kit 2.0. Unity website provides well designed documentation + tutorials

38. Pixmah

Pixmah

@ NSdesignGames how to disable damaging enemy?

39. superme2012

superme2012

I did some looking into the photon cloud api. It’s quite simple, I did the marco polo tutorial that made allot of stuff much more clear.

http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/Marco_Polo_Tutorial/#cat-PUN Tutorials

The first thing I will add in is the addition for basic AI that can receive and deal damage, as its needed for my small project. The second will be an inventory system that will probably just communicate with your scripts and the 3rd will be a user account system.

I do think your kit will defiantly speed development up, can’t wait to see what’s under the hood..

Is it possible to purchase the kit directly via paypal?

40. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

There is 2 possible ways to achieve that. Or disable PlayerDamage.cs on player, or block received damage on that script.

41. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Yea, Unity Asset Store accept both Credit Card or Paypal

42. Pixmah

Pixmah

thanks ..... in weaponpickup how do i just make a primary and a secondary weapon? like the knife will not be replaced and the deagle?

43. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

To block weapon from being replaced you will have to modify WeaponManager.js which is assigned to GameObject called " WeaponManager" from ExampleCharacter prefab.

44. EliteUnity3D

EliteUnity3D

Im trying to make my Zombie, follow me and i can damage it.
    Can you help me with a script for my Zombie?

or Any steps i can do?

Zombie needs to have photonview, and i need a script that will tell the masterserver about the damage recieve and damage done

please help =(

Any tutorial for AI + Photon?

45. BL00DCELL

BL00DCELL

How do I start the player with just one weapon. I looked at the documentation for weapons and I either am not understanding it or it doesn't have what I'm looking for.
    Some features I would really like are:
    Single player tutorial/example scene.
    How to make other players text not show through walls.
    Team deathmatch tutorial/example scene
    and an example scene on having multiple maps/levels.
    I hope to hear back from you at the very least about starting with one weapon. Thanks for the system I'm having fun with it :)

Oh maybe get a FAQ going. looking through 25+ pages of forum posts kind of sucks lol

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  46. EliteUnity3D

EliteUnity3D

Bro 4 real, i agree with you. I paid $70 for this, now after looking at the source code, i see it worth maybe like $40

47. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

Hi,
    You can change initial player weapons by doing next steps:
    -Drag and drop NetworkPlayer prefab (its inside Resources folder) into scene
    -Locate object called WeaponManager with WeaponManager.js script attached
    -WeaponManager.js have list called playerWeapons or something like this. Rescale it and assign any available Weapon
    -Save changed prefab back

I will make some FAQ as soon as possible

Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  48. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

But there is not only scripts included, but 3D models, 1 map, textures etc.

I just cant see what your judgement is based on.
    For example I dont know Chinese, and bought a book written in it, but I cant affirm that its not worth it only because I cant read it.

49. Pixmah

Pixmah

@NSdesignGames can i ask about this if you have an idea if not its ok. I've started adding the scoreboard with kills and deaths i've done on the Kills Score its working perfectly but on the other side the Deaths Score is not working perfectly every I kill a player the player died and increase Deaths Score but after it respawn again it resets to 0........on the other hand Kills Score works 100%.

50. NSdesignGames

NSdesignGames

I guess you need to register kills and death simultaneously. So at the part of code where you add kills to your player you can also add deaths to players you killed