Search Unity

FPS issue with 64 bit build in newer Unity Versions.

Discussion in 'Android' started by reddy36996, Jun 10, 2019.

1. reddy36996

reddy36996

Here's the bug details:
    I'm working on game called ludo. So game is working fine in 32 bit build that is stable fps values on device.
    But when i try 64 bit build, then fps starts dropping to between 0-10 fps right before moving the pin. Again it doesn't happen with 64 bit build made with Development build option checked.

I also noticed that there is fps drop because of images of filled type present in scene. Initially i had 32 images of filled type as child to each Ludo pin. For 4 player (each player will have 4 pins), it multiplied to 512 such images. It didn't effect 32 bit build much but there was clear fps drop of 10-15 fps in 64 bit build. I found a way around by disabling those images but couldn't find any solution for fps drop that happens right before pin is moved. Most probably it has something to do with 64 bit apk since issue doesn't happen with 32 bit apk and development build (32 bit or 64 bit).

I am able to reproduce this issue by isolating gameplay into separate project and just kept single offline room. Since build size and assets are greatly reduced, it runs fine for few rounds but difference is noticeable if you compare it with 32 bit apk. Initially it starts out as 20-30 fps drop, then it hits overall 0-10 fps before pin move. If required i can share that project.

I would appreciate if it can be fixed at the earliest since we already published the game to playstore. We didn't test 64bit apk before that as we thought output would be same as 32 bit apk and we had to submit it as google is forcing all developers to submit 64 bit apk along with 32 bit apk. Now all modern devices are downloading 64bit apk by default which is very laggy.

Unity Versions (happening in both versions):
    2018.3.5f1 and 2019.1.5f1

perza, Remstam and NatsuD_123 like this.
  2. NatsuD_123

NatsuD_123

need an answer for that too and a hot fix ASAP

MakerAz likes this.
  3. Peter77

Peter77

QA Jesus

If you're able to reproduce that it runs slow on 64bit, but fast on 32bit, please submit a bug-report as described in this document:
    https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

It's important that you report these issues together with a reproduction project if you want them to get fixed. If you don't do it, it might be a long time until someone else reports them or until Unity Technologies find them.

After you submitted the bug-report, you receive a confirmation email with a bug-report Case number. Please post the Case number (number only, not the link) in this forum thread for Unity staff to pick up.

4. reddy36996

reddy36996

Hey, I have already submitted bug report with reproduction project. Ticket was closed later saying that bug report is already been submitted by another user. My ticket id was 683203

5. wheel_wang

wheel_wang

same here

6. SohilKadevar

SohilKadevar

Hello,
    I have also the same problem as you.
    I also have a project called ludo.
    as you describe I also have the same problem as you, my project working fine in 32 bit / ARMv7 but lagging too much in the 64bit / ARM64 architecture.
    I also have already published my game to play store.

If anyone finds any solution then, please help me because I need to update it before this month-end.
    I also have other projects which I need to update as google policy so please help me.
    Thanks in advance.

7. k1ljcore

k1ljcore

Hi,
    I have the same problem with arm64 architecture: huge fps drop in some scenes. My workaround was simple and temporary, but maybe it can be helpful for someone:

just turn logging level to None in Player settings:

8. SohilKadevar

SohilKadevar

Thanks,

But it's not working in my case.

I have a multiplayer game which has a socket connection.
    in the offline game which has no socket connection is working good but the multiplayer game which has socket connection is works well in the Mono ARMv7 architecture, But lagging too much in the IL2CPP ARM64 architecture.

Unity Version: 2019.1.9f1 And 2019.2.0f1 (Tried Both Version).
    Socket Connection: Using BEST HTTP Socket Plugin.

So please if anyone finds the solution then help me.

Thanks in advance.

perza likes this.
  9. Gruetschi

Gruetschi

It worked wonderfully for me. Thank you very much for that answer. I don't know why it works now but it's certainly a problem for Unity. They should have a look at this

10. IAmChiagozie

IAmChiagozie

This doesn't help in my case, and my game is playable offline.

11. Artist3d2d1d

Artist3d2d1d

Good one that worked just fine, my 64bit APK performs just fine now. Thanks!

k1ljcore likes this.