Search Unity

Games FPS - First Person Soccer

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by Name_, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Name_

Name_

I always wondered why big studios don't release a soccer game in first person. ¿It's that hard to code a game like that?

Well I can say from my experience, that in physics, graphics and, the most important part to me, the feeling, it's totally possible.

I am a single dev, that started from zero, with no idea of Unity or C#
    Thanks God, Unity community it's huge and every code I needed to make this game start running was mostly online. It took me more than a year to fully understand how to do the most basics things in C# and do my own code. But overall I suppose that the code, from a purist and performance view, it's a mess :p

P.D. Small graphics glitches caused by gpu overheating because fan config was off (I don't know why) :rolleyes:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
  2. EVECTOR

EVECTOR

I like the idea!

omarymalela88 likes this.
  3. jbb1979

jbb1979

lol lol :D

4. khos

khos

Really cool idea! Would you share some of the FPS mechanics, e.g. is it the Unity first person controller you use?
    The term "soccer" I thought it is mostly just used in the USA, the rest of the world use the term "Football", but I get it, it goes well with FPS.

Also, I think if you can get multiplayer working this would bring a lot to the great game.

EVECTOR and jbb1979 like this.
  5. Name_

Name_

I use a modified third person controller and a nav mesh agent. I know it's a strange combination but game mechanics works better this way. When the ball it's not near you, you can run free wherever you want, but when the ball is near you, nav mesh agent activates and no matter what direction you press, the player will always run to the ball. When ball and player are almost in contact you take control of the ball, pushing it in the direction you want, or passing or shooting. Pass and shoot direction it's full manual, the ball will go wherever you are pushing your gamepad controller.

Player controls are almost identical to FIFA controls, except for the finesse shot or curve effect. In FIFA games you don't have the control where the ball effect will go, left or right. So I introduced the full manual effect, something a don't see in a football game since Kick Off. Pressing RT the ball will go right to left; pressing LT will go left to right.

BTW, "soccer" it's not used only in the USA. In the UK it's used too (it's where the word come from) and it's not a rare word to the rest of the world. ¿You know there is a top seller football game called "Pro Evolution Soccer"? ;)

I have some comments in my Youtube channel asking when the game will be released, if it will have league and history mode... :confused: and I want to answer that here too.

First I don't know when (or if) the game will be released. I made this game as a proof of concept. At some point I thought to realeased in Steam, I translated menus to some languages, I made same achievements,... but honestly I don't think the game will go beyond what you see here and I don't think it's fair to the final consumer to pay for a game where you only kick a ball. I know if I release the game people will ask for multiplayer, VR, IA players and as I said in my first post, I'm a single dev with almost no idea of C# and that things are way beyond my posibilities.

Right know this is the situation, maybe in the future I have the time and the motivation to do something more, time will tell.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
    EVECTOR, jbb1979 and khos like this.
  6. Lolli42

Lolli42

i just randomly though of that idea today and googled it
    are you still on it? i would love to see this come true or help you <3

7. Stephen_Hole

Stephen_Hole

Thought of this today, are you still making it?