Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Importing FPS Creator models in Unity (Tutorial)

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by FedeStefan, Jan 10, 2020.

1. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

Hello, I have decided to make a tutorial into putting FPS Creator models into Unity.
    Below this and another post will be shown steps.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  2. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

Heres one of the problems that may occure, If you dont follow carefully.

Attached Files:

3. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    INTRODUCTION:
    If you want do put the models into unity, follow the steps carefully.
    You will need to download Blender 2.79 and Frag motion.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    EXPORTING:
    - Once installed, open Frag motion, import the .X file and then check if there is the model.
    If it is there, export as .ms3d.
    - Go to Blender - User Preferences - Addons, Search milk shape and then enable "milk shape import-export".
    - After that import the ms3d file and then check if there is anything, if there isn't any models, or redownload the package you are trying to use in unity or redo everything.
    - Export as FBX (FBX Supports animations and Rig, OBJ Doesn't have neither of those two), import to unity.
    - In unity just set the textures right up and you are done.
    ANIMATIONS:
    -In order to put animations, you should make the Model's animation (in unity) be legacy or generic (Your choice here but i go with legacy).
    -Drag the model into your current scene, then put the animation tool into the model.
    -After that, (For some reasons the animation are all together, at least for me) you will need to divide the animation for what you need.
    -Example:
    For humans you will need Idle/Attack/Walk/Run,
    For guns you need Draw/Holster/Idle/Reload/Fire.

If you get any errors or any issues, write the issue down below.
    I may not know how to fix your problem (Like model not importing in Blender, or etc.) since i last used this in 2020.

4. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

by the way if you have any problems tell me.

5. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

very tranks man;this worked!!!

6. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

no problem!

7. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

8. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

9. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

Are you using by any chance Blender 2.8?

And be sure you are using Frag Motion and Blender 2.79, (With the milk shape addon enabled.)

10. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

sure,i am using blender 2.79 with fragmotion and milk shape addon enabled. but only model pack 6 don't import.other packs import perfectly

Attached Files:

11. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

It could be the model pack corrupted, you should try redownloading it, if it doesnt work then maybe downloading it from another site (I had FPS Creator with all the model packs, i dont have it but its a huge risk since i got it from a shady place)

12. Franciscotx56

Franciscotx56

I re-downloaded the package from several sites including GITHUB and it just doesn't work. Can you send me the model pack 6 converted to FBX and with animations? I would be very grateful

13. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

As i said, This was done in 2020, I dont have any of model packs or done packs (Meaning its ready to put on Unity).

Franciscotx56 likes this.
  14. FedeStefan

FedeStefan

If i by any chance come back to FPS Creator models, i will send you the model packs done for unity