Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

FPS Constructor - Makes creating an FPS easy!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jason_DB, Dec 30, 2011.

1. AussieBoss

AussieBoss

Deleting all of my assets just made even more errors... Alot like "Terrain splat 0 is null" I still get the JoystickDB errors and warnings from ImportFBX... Maybe I should just delete and reinstall unity... Would deleting the entire assets file work?

2. AussieBoss

AussieBoss

Ok, so I've deleted unity and I am reinstalling it now. Even after I deleted FPS Constructor, I still got compiler errors, so hopefully it wasn't to do with the asset. I'll update on how it goes on an un-tinkered with unity.

3. AussieBoss

AussieBoss

The compiler errors have been fixed, thank god, but I've found that the documentation is a little outdated on the dastardly banana site, as alot of the files it says are there under "Player" are not, I'm having trouble locating where to put a weapon in under the player... Under "Player" I have "Weapon Camera" and then Circle Crosshair, Gun Motion, and its child Avoider, then Launcher Crosshair and lastly main cam, but I dont know where to put the gun model...

4. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

@AussieBoss

You can drag a new weapon under the 'PlayerWeapons' object, or under the 'Avoider' object if you want weapon sway and avoidance.

5. AussieBoss

AussieBoss

Thanks Jason. One more question, after I dragged the M1911 model under the avoider, The gun appears in the character's Point of view while not playing, but when playing, it disappears... Here are some pictures (Don't view the pictures in the "Attached" part, only the ones below, as the others dont work.
    $11.png
    $33.png

EDIT: Suspiciously, a Component on the top level of the M1911 called "WeaponDisplay.js" swicthes itself off every time I go into playmode. That might be the reason It wont display itself in playmode, but I don't know how to stop it doing this anyway...

Attached Files:

• $11.png
      $11.png
      File size:
      150.3 KB
      Views:
    • $22.png
      $22.png
      File size:
      147.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  6. marshallllahsram

marshallllahsram

I press tab all the time and it never works!!!!! please fix this!!!! :eek:

7. marshallllahsram

marshallllahsram

Aahhh i can't picup the weapons plaz help!!!!

8. Jason_DB

Jason_DB

9. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Wow too bad, was a great package.

10. Stavros-Dimou

Stavros-Dimou

11. davew175

davew175

I just tested with Unity 4.3 and you're right, the pickup doesn't work. I'll look into it and post a fix as soon as I can.

Has anybody already figured this out?

12. Stavros-Dimou

Stavros-Dimou

I found a workaround for my previous problem,but now another one popped up.
    I followed this tutorial: http://dastardlybanana.com/Docs/FPS...Configuration/Weapon_Models.html&lastnode=610

The problem is that after configuring and doing everything this tutorial says,when I hit "play" on the game window,the gun disappears!
    It just isn't visible. But when the play button isn't pressed,the gun seems to be right there in the preview window. I have parented the gun to the weapon camera,to the player. What's wrong ? What am I missing ?

13. John_VI

John_VI

Has any one else noticed that the guns wont hit at a certain range no matter what range you set.

14. AdroV20

AdroV20

Its FREE? Can I use this in my game, and then sell it?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  15. StalledSanity

StalledSanity

Does anyone know what the setup is for alt-fire? The online demo has alt-fire tied to the tilde key, but there's nothing in the docs or the demo that comes with the package.

16. John_VI

John_VI

(stalledsanity) What you need to do is put another gun script on and then in the first gunscript on the same object you should see alt-fire properties reference the second gun script in there.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  17. StalledSanity

StalledSanity

@John_VI I've done that. It isn't the problem. I'm looking for the input key that changes between rifle fire and the under-barrel grenade launcher while in-game. The online demo has the key set to the ~ key, but in the demo that comes with the package it isn't set up, and there's nothing in the docs for the input setup.

18. StalledSanity

StalledSanity

Nevermind. I figured it out. Apparently the Fire2 and Aim inputs are both tied to left alt and Fire2 is the input used to switch between fire modes and the Aim input over-rides it.

19. z3nth10n

z3nth10n

Can somebody make a C# version of this?

20. CGCxXSMALLSXx

CGCxXSMALLSXx

really appreciate it man!

21. kool

kool

can some one post tutorials or give a inputmanager

22. enzoravo

enzoravo

hi i'm following the documentation for a quick start, i have put on my level the "Manager" and the "player" game objects, configured the input and the layers.

then i took the M1911 and the MAS_36 and i put them into the "PlayerWeapons" script array

i try to run the game but no weapon is show, i'm receiving this message in the console

Code (csharp):
    2. BroadcastMessage SelectWeapon has no receiver!
    3. UnityEngine.GameObject:BroadcastMessage(String)
    4. PlayerWeapons:ActivateWeapon() (at Assets/Plugins/FPS Constructor V1/ScriptsDB/WeaponScripts/PlayerWeapons.js:197)
    5. PlayerWeapons:Start() (at Assets/Plugins/FPS Constructor V1/ScriptsDB/WeaponScripts/PlayerWeapons.js:64)
    any help or advice to get this working ?

thanks in advance for the help.

23. mayhayoo

mayhayoo

I have the same problem :/ Any way to fix that?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  24. BeastPro

BeastPro

I Love it :D Thumbs up.

25. radiumskull

radiumskull

I haven't yet. Using Unity 4.34f1. Just downloaded FPS Creator, imported it into my project, added all the necessary layers (I think), and the Inputs, including the Store Button (which is no longer complaining).

Still can't pick up weapons in the DemoScene. Help!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2014
  26. corei5unity

corei5unity

27. Brensdumb

Brensdumb

Hello, first I would like to thank you on releasing this to the unity asset store, it is fantastic. I have one question I could hope you can help me with. Can you tell me how to enable and unlock the cursor? I have been trying to figure it out, but I have had no luck. Thank you.

28. Cornerstone

Cornerstone

Downloaded the package from asset store, first impression was that it's an amazing package, Here's the story, I made a first person horror game out of the FPS constructor, I only want to use the Pistol on my game nothing else, almost finished but the problem lies in the Build process, whenever I build my game - Web Player version - I noticed that the Pistol Gunscript values resets to its default values, the script's initialized values, for instance, the reload speed and the ammo completely changed in the Inspector but when I run the build Web Player version the values revert to default. Did I miss something important that should have been implemented - I have read the docs - or Do I need to do extra configurations within the Unity Editor? Please help me!!!

29. BeastPro

BeastPro

i have it and like it but the inputs don't work right. nor does the store

30. NateBestDevRocks

NateBestDevRocks

I am wondering how to use this because I imported it and nothing happens it just shows the asset in Unity. If I am supposed to just put everything together myself can someone please help me do that? Also what do you shoot zombies or other people if its multiplayer or bots. Please help it would be greatly appreaciated.

Thanks!

31. Darth Futuza

Darth Futuza

The site appears to be down, is the documentation for this available somewhere offsite?

EDIT: A̶h̶a̶,̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶d̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶s̶e̶t̶s̶.̶ Dangit. There's nothing in it, but some links.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
  32. simonii

simonii

Yes the site is down, are there any tutorials anywhere else?

33. GDI_Commando

GDI_Commando

Don't know if anyone reads this topic still (if not then I apologise for the post) the problem regarding not being able to pick up weapons is fixed by having the "Interact" button and "Pickup" button both set to tab in the input settings

34. shadowyblade

shadowyblade

35. bobaustin122227

bobaustin122227

does anyone now how to fix the bug where i can't pick up the weaponds

36. bobaustin122227

bobaustin122227

what do i do if u can't equip my weapon

37. Gokushivum

Gokushivum

I'm so confused someone help me. Skype archanac2 It will appear as Gokushivum can someone help me with using this. I cant figure out how this works correctly. The player prefab is genuinely messed up for me. PLEASE HELP

38. teamtino

teamtino

I just downloaded this (the free one) but sadly the player wont seem to move or look around. im not sure if its the player or the scripts itself. I tried loading the demo level to see if that would work however it did not. Is there a certain series of events i need to do to make this run or could someone more experienced with unity tell me how to make this work? thanks and sorry for not being more specific, upon startup of the demo scene, the character falls a foot or two (as expected), but then hits the ground and doesn't move. Sorry and thanks, looking forward to using this program.

39. teamtino

teamtino

Hello, the fps constructor isn't working for me. upon startup, the player hits the ground (as expected) and doesn't move or look. I don't know if it's just the player prefab/ a scripting error, or if im doing something wrong. I tried in the demo scene too and it did not work. please help I am eager to use this product. I have unity 4.5 if that helps at all for anyone who can point me the right way. thanks!

40. Gokushivum

Gokushivum

You have to use the "manager" dont ask me how to activate guns i dont know how to do that

41. saibotcirclehill

saibotcirclehill

What was your fix for the previous problem? I'm getting it as well.

42. lst

lst

To fix items pickup: go to project configuration, input and assign following buttons names:
    "Store" (for example to T)
    "Interact" (for example to F) <- this will pickup stuff

43. MixGrey

MixGrey

44. Adnan601

Adnan601

fps constructor manual is not availble plz help

45. Endyman

Endyman

This may be considered a necro, but I have a couple of questions concerning this asset. First, why does the range on hitscans act so oddly? I have a sniper rifle, but it's practically useless because it can't hit anything fifty feet away. All the accuracy settings are turned to 0. Second, where on earth did the documentation go? I realize the OP has dropped support for the website, but is there a mirror?

46. waseem2bata

waseem2bata

documentation ?

47. manhtuan91

manhtuan91

Reupload documentation. please :D
    Thank you.

48. GamerDude565

GamerDude565

do you have tutorials on this program? I need help.

49. GamerDude565

GamerDude565

I'm trying out the demo, but it keeps glitching

50. the_Bad_Brad

the_Bad_Brad

Cool, so this mean I will be spending less time on typing boring codes.