Search Unity

FPD Creator Kit - Console error: Kernel not found

Discussion in 'Community Learning & Teaching' started by NoFoe, Oct 1, 2020.

1. NoFoe

NoFoe

Hi, hope you can help.
    I made a game with the FPS Creator Kit to use for teaching (I teach Game Audio). I have had no problems until now, when updating it to Unity 2019.4.10 at the beginning of the teaching term.

Now I find that it works fine on Mac OS. But when I open in Windows 10 (v1909) the game plays but the screen is blank/black.
    I get this error in the console:

Kernel 'MultiScaleVODownsample1' not found
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

ArgumentException: Kernel 'MultiScaleVODownsample1' not found.
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.MultiScaleVO.PushDownsampleCommands (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Camera camera, System.Nullable`1[T] depthMap, System.Boolean isMSAA) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@2.3.0/PostProcessing/Runtime/Effects/MultiScaleVO.cs:264)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.MultiScaleVO.GenerateAOMap (UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer cmd, UnityEngine.Camera camera, UnityEngine.Rendering.RenderTargetIdentifier destination, System.Nullable`1[T] depthMap, System.Boolean invert, System.Boolean isMSAA) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@2.3.0/PostProcessing/Runtime/Effects/MultiScaleVO.cs:169)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.MultiScaleVO.RenderAfterOpaque (UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessRenderContext context) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@2.3.0/PostProcessing/Runtime/Effects/MultiScaleVO.cs:505)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer.BuildCommandBuffers () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@2.3.0/PostProcessing/Runtime/PostProcessLayer.cs:570)
    UnityEngine.Rendering.PostProcessing.PostProcessLayer.OnPreCull () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.postprocessing@2.3.0/PostProcessing/Runtime/PostProcessLayer.cs:462)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

2. ivanpazkokku

ivanpazkokku

Do you get the solution?

3. NoFoe

NoFoe

Yes I did and it was a solution that solved many other console errors. When updating the Unity version for an existing project, you may need to also update Packages in the Package Manager. It was a shading asset that relied on a package that was out of date, and the Unity upgrade doesn't update it for you. So simple solution is check that all your Packages are up to date each time you migrate a project to a newer Unity.

4. ivanpazkokku

ivanpazkokku

My problem (there are the same kernel error) are the fact that I cannot update my Unity. I have to build to Xbox One in this version (2018.4.31f1). Any ideas?