Search Unity

[Released] FPC Swimmer - Swimming in Crest water systems in First Person

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlessioRegal, Sep 20, 2020.

1. AlessioRegal

AlessioRegal

FPC Swimmer is a complete pack offering a First Person Controller script to swim on Crest based water systems, realistic day & night cycle lighting, and an two island terrains with additional small goodies. Feel free to check it out and provide your constructive feedback!

Unity Asset Store Link:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/fpc-swimmer-178906

MEDIA:

THIS PACK INCLUDES:
    - A First Person Controller for swimming into Crest based water systems
    - Night and day cycle control with Sun, Moon, stars and dynamic illumination
    - A collection of sample audio for water splashes, wind and waves
    - Underwater and splash simple particles
    - Presets and custom materials for Crest water systems
    - Global illumination for more realistic effects

RENDERING PIPELINE:
    - Standard Pipeline

TESTED ON:
    PC, Mac & Linux Standalone - Unity 2019.3 and higher.

INTRODUCTION
    This project is based on the Crest water system, which offers a realistic representation of ocean and water systems in Unity. The FPCSwimmer script extends the functionalities offered by Crest, providing creators with the ability to swim in first person inside Crest water.
    Furthermore, this pack offers realistic sound transition controls, underwater physics, splash and underwater particles, speed control for walk on land and swim on water, day & night cycle control, realistic illumination and reflections, stars particles, and simple lens flares for Sun and Moon.

INCLUDED SCENES
    The main demo scenes are located inside FPCSwimmer/Core/Scenes:
    - SimpleDemo (A very basic scene setup showcasing swimming only)
    - SunMoonSkyDemo (Includes also Day and Night cycle + more sounds)
    - SunMoonSkyHighDefinitionTerrainDemo (Includes a textured terrain)

FEATURES

FPCSwimmer:
    - Script to easily control everything about your swimming controller
    - Dynamic audio system when interacting with water
    - Submerge into water effect
    - Emerge from water effect
    - Underwater particles to enhance realism
    - Splashes when entering the water
    - Configurable extra splash particles when swimming fast on water
    - Floating system to simulate physics when player in water is not moving
    - Wave forces onto the player that affect its motion when not moving
    - Automatic emersion when player is close to the surface
    - Audio transition when going into the water or out of the water
    - Configurable speed settings for walking on land and swimming in water
    - Full control on underwater physics propagation
    - Configurable jump when on land

SunMoonSky:
    - Dynamic day and night illumination, inclusive of sun, moon and stars
    - Speed control over day and night cycle
    - Dynamic reflections over water surface
    - Stars particles with custom star material
    - Sun and Moon flares

Note: For best realistic results, linear color space is recommended.

SUPPORT:
    I am willing to extend and improve the functionalities of this pack in time, feel free to give me constructive feedback to help me in further developments.

Thank you for your support.

Please note: for support related to the Crest system visit https://github.com/crest-ocean/crest

Last edited: Oct 10, 2020
  2. meghanbe

meghanbe

Hello! I'm quite interested in this asset but am unfortunately using the Universal Render Pipeline (with Crest). Any plans to update FPC Swimmer with URP support in the future?

Either way, congrats on a great-looking package! :)

3. AlessioRegal

AlessioRegal

Hi! I am planning to try to make the URP version soon on a separate package, thanks for the interest and support, much appreciated! :)

Once I have a prototype I will post it on this forum and my Twitter feed as well, feel free to follow my updates and suggest improvements :D

4. theocahillharder

theocahillharder

how do you make the water darker the deeper you get. Im tring to make a deep sea diving game and i need some help

5. AlessioRegal

AlessioRegal

@theocahillharder sorry for the late reply, have you tried to tweak via script the FPCSwimmer-Ocean-Underwater2 material (or the one applied to your ocean)? That is responsible for the whole rendering of the water and underwater effects and is a custom version of the one from CREST. You can change the fog density and the color of the water according to your needs. I am attaching some of the properties you find in there. I hope this helps!

1.PNG 2.PNG

6. sanetomo

sanetomo

Hello!
    This is a really great asset.
    I have one problem, when I place an object with a Transparent material in the water, it appears before the fog.
    Is there a good solution?

Attached Files:

7. AlessioRegal

AlessioRegal

Hello! Thank you for the nice feedback.

It sounds like a shader render queue problem, have you tried to play with that?
    Maybe this could help too in case it does not work: https://answers.unity.com/questions/1021267/changing-queue-in-shader-has-no-effect.html

You might want to change the shader material of your boat or to tweak the shader of the sea, I hope you can find a way :)

8. BobDeclor

BobDeclor

does this kit work with any fps controller? if so what needs to be changed so it works? i plan on using it with the hfps kit

9. AlessioRegal

AlessioRegal

I haven't personally used the hfps kit before, nor I have access to the code of it since I did not buy that asset.

The FPC Swimmer asset I wrote provides its own first person controller with swimming mechanics, which is independent from other fps controllers. However the code is organized in a clean modular way and I added a lot of comments to it to help familiarizing with it, so it can be changed once purchased if needed with some basic coding knowledge.

Specifically I can offer my support for the code I wrote, but I cannot guarantee for other fps controllers compatibility. I would suggest you check the code on the LateUpdate() function of the FPCSwimmer.cs script to edit it to your own needs.

Feel free to let me know how it goes.