Search Unity

Four blank errors in each new project

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Annundur, Dec 18, 2018.

1. Annundur

Annundur

Hello everyone,

I'm a developer but I'm completely new to Unity. I installed it recently and I've been watching some tutorials. But I've realized that after opening any 2D or 3D new project, four blank errors automatically appear in the Console, and I can't run the game nor build. These four errors show no indication or info at all, only the hour they showed up (exactly the same time I created the new project). I can't clear the Console, and double-click on them makes nothing.

If I try to "Build and run" some new info appears in the Console, but I've been searching for the error codes and I found nothing.

I attach two screencaptures. The first shows the Console as it is just after creating the New project. The second shows the Console errors after trying to build and run.

I'm working with Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bits, and Unity Version 2018.3.0f2 Personal. I already tried to empty Unity cache (however it was already empty, as I wasn't able to do nothing). I also uninstalled and installed Unity again, but I'm having the same issue. While installing, I always choose to install also the Standalone Windows, Android and iOS packs, because I'm planning to develop for these platforms. I already have SDK installed and registered at Preferences->External Tools. I'm using embedded JDK.

While installing, I don't download/install Visual Studio, because according to a tutorial I'm following, if I'm fine with the MonoDevelop editor included, I don't really need Visual Studio, and I'd like to skip that if possible, but I don't know if that could be causing the problem.

I've installed Unity in a different hard drive, not the same where I have Windows installed, because I have more space left there, I'm not sure if that matters. I've tried creating new projects in multiple locations in both drives, but the errors are the same.

I've googled and searched this forum before posting this, but I haven't found anything that's really like my problem. If the solution was already out there and I missed it, I'm sorry, and I'd appreciate if someone could link to it.

Any help would be very much appreciated. I'm looking forward to begin in this Unity world, but I can't do nothing like this.
    Thank you very much!

UnityError01.PNG

UnityError02.PNG

rajsrishti1417 likes this.
  2. Annundur

Annundur

Thank you very much for your reply, I didn't know that, I didn't even get to try to edit any script.

In any case, a while ago I installed it a third time, this time with the full Visual Studio package. However the problem is still exactly the same. I'm thinking of trying an older version of Unity, however this problem is so basic, just after opening the program, that I really thought someone else would have seen it before. Maybe I'll have to try with Unity 2017 or 5.

3. Maybe, maybe not, maybe it's related to some specific hardware-software constellation. You can imagine, this error does not come up just like that for everyone. Otherwise Unity would have solved a long time ago.
    Your best bet is to submit a bug report (Help menu/Report a bug) and post the case number you get in the email.

4. tutomystic

tutomystic

I Had this exactly same problem.
    I Dont know why,
    i used unity othertimes like in 2016 and this not happens

actual vers. Unity 2018.3.0f2

ihsano7 and fibulator777 like this.
  5. Noobiezeus

Noobiezeus

Help me am also having same problem

taim_ar likes this.
  6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please provide exact steps to reproduce with a new project and the initial settings you choose (3D vs 2D, etc). I've seen a few reports of this behavior. I just tested on 2018.3.0f2 and created a 2D blank project, Analytics off, on Windows 10 without issue. Also, please share your Editor logs https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

7. liorspidy

liorspidy

Same problem here... :(

MynameFrost likes this.
  8. Then it's for you as well:

ayeshazaki16 likes this.
  9. Deleted User

Deleted User

I create all my projects with Analytics off and I have no problem either (Windows 7 SP1 up to date), In case it can help, here are my Configuration settings under PlayerSettings; these are the default settings, I didn't change them:

Capture.JPG
    No problem either if I switch from .NET Standard 2.0 to .NET 4x (by the way, why isn't it the default API Compatibility Level setting?).

Capture2.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2018
    JayKiss likes this.
  10. insanitymage

insanitymage

I also was getting the 4 blank errors in Unity 2018.3.0f2 on a brand new project. What ended up working for me, based on looking in the area that APSchmidt suggested, was going to Edit > Project Settings > Player tab > Expanding "Other Settings" and changing the "Scripting Runtime Version*" from ".NET 4.x Equivalent" to ".NET 3.5 equivalent (Deprecated)".

Unity will prompt you to restart.
    Go to File > Build Settings and do just "Build" AND afterwords, select a DIFFERENT folder to do the build to.

I tested again, reverting the Scripting Runtime Version back to ".NET 4.x Equivalent" and I once again got the 4 blank errors. This "Scripting Runtime Version" is definitely the source of these errors for me.

I also fiddled with the "Scripting Backend" version from "Mono" to "IL2CCP" in the course of my troubleshooting, but switched that back to "Mono." If the above troubleshooting steps do no work for you, you may also try switching the "Scripting Backend" from "Mono" to see if that has any effect.

I also tested this solution with the original project I was having issues with and it seemed to fix my issues there as well.

Before trying to do a build, 4 blank errors:
    2.png
    After trying to build the project (same errors as OP was getting):
    3.png

My project settings before (these generated the above errors):
    before.png

My project settings after (these solved the above errors for me):
    Final Configuration (WORKING).png

JayKiss, ShySam, binhnt2901 and 2 others like this.
  11. Libiral

Libiral

Hey, i have the same problem and the solution of changing to .NET 3.5 is working on me.

but i have a question, since there is a warning that it will be removed from future releases, what happen if i continue developing on that setting? and what happened to the end-project if it's build on .NET 3.5 version on 2019?

is there a way for me using the updated .NET 4.x ?

thank you.

12. ratneshpatel

ratneshpatel

I am getting the same 4 blank errors with no details about them. Getting sick since last 3 days.

MynameFrost likes this.
  13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@ratneshpatel The errors are making you sick? That is unfortunate. Did you try the suggestions here regarding the scripting runtime version?

keenanwoodall likes this.
  14. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Not offering any help, just mentioning I saw the same thing. I didn't try .net 3.5 because my main project I'm looking to upgrade to 2018.3 requires a namespace that only exists in .net 4.x, so I'm holding off for now without an explanation as to what these errors mean (not that anyone actually cares :p ).

15. MajklCZSOA

MajklCZSOA

Nice. I have the same problem and I see that the solution is not yet.
    I try all. Reinstall unity, try get new framework (new and too only v.4.7.1.), new visual studio, plugin to unity VS and too change all option on build...NO FIX. When change to .Net 4x make that nice error with no info (only red time).
    Maybe problem in compilation with Win7?

16. scarlaxx

scarlaxx

A colleague of mine facing the same issue after upgrading to 2018.3.0f2 and switching to .NET4.x. No change after switching between Mono and IL2CCP scripting backend nor API compatibility level.
    So as long as we're able to we stick with .net 3.5.
    This issue seems to be related to Win7 with multiple windows users. Can somebody pls confirm?

17. czcrowzero

czcrowzero

But the problem with changing the scripting runtime version to .net 3.5 is that you cannot use Tiny Mode because it's prerequisite is .net 4x...There's an error installing the 2018.3.0f2.

Untitled.png

18. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I saw the issue while running Win 10.

19. richardtargett

richardtargett

Below is where I ran into a problem.

I made the roll a ball before, but now I ran into a problem once I put the camera in place. Maybe its me, maybe its unity.

Hopefully someone will notice the problem we all face, and sort it out, I have the same problem as you all (yes?) not a solution.

Soryr

20. richardtargett

richardtargett

My errors seem to be coming from the script developer in Visual Studio. If I can fix that, I wont have the errors..

21. mrelytra

mrelytra

change it to .NET 3.5 work for me

22. unity_8d9PYNwD_GB_hg

unity_8d9PYNwD_GB_hg

Got the same problem today. Been using v. 2018.3.1f1. Nothing helped to fix it on this ver, however the problem disappeared when I downloaded the previous Unity version (2018.2.20f1)

23. jownas

jownas

Changing script runtime version to ".NET 3.5 (Deprecated)" worked for me.

The 4 blank errors went away and interactive tutorial now works.

p.s: Using Windows 7 - Unity 2018.3.2f1 fresh install after uninstalling 2017 (wich I hadnt used in the last 6 months)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  24. unity0137

unity0137

I posted a similar question before in help but it was erased due to duplicates. I thought I'd share what fixed it for me. I simply updated windows (7) and voila errors gone. Good luck.

25. GiWNGAMERS

GiWNGAMERS

Hi, I think I found a way to solve the problem. go to unity, open Project settings> Player search for Scripting Runtime Version and switch to 3.5, unity will restart and everything will return to normal without errors :) ready, solved.

26. deividast82

deividast82

Hello,

Had the same problem. Install windows update from this link to your 32 bit or 64 bit system accordingly:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...ry-insecure-library-loading-could-allow-remot

Regards.

AarushSinha and Abr_Esguerra like this.
  27. deividast82

deividast82

28. megarage9000

megarage9000

Is there a way to fix it with the new net 4.x script runtime? The net 3.5 switch fixes the issue but will that be viable for future updates?

29. Munzter

Munzter

Hi,
    i had the same problem and my fix was to install Windows6.1-KB3172605-x64 and Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64. After that the problem was solved! Hope it helps you out :)

greetings

unity_vtM6Cj3tUXPZwg likes this.
  30. Munzter

Munzter

ModyPro and unity_vtM6Cj3tUXPZwg like this.
  31. megarage9000

megarage9000

Hey everyone,

For windows 10 users, there is a fix for this:

" ...You can, however, try to do a clean reinstall of Unity by following these steps:
    - Uninstall Unity
    - Delete Unity folders inside %appdata%/Roaming, %appdata%/Local and %appdata%/LocalLow directories.
    - Delete C:/ProgramData/Unity folder (ProgramData is hidden)
    - Clear registries occupied by Unity (using software like CCleaner)(I suggest using the free trial for CCleaner)
    - Install Unity with Anti-virus software turned off. ..."

I sent a bug report regarding this issue, and thanks to Liutauras, I was able to get rid of the errors :)

32. Munzter

Munzter

sry for re repost,
    but it´s important for windows 7...
    if you install the updates and have the windows defender service disabled it will pop up an error on restart and get stuck at 30%. np just restart your machine but maybe it´s better to enable it first... sry for 3 posts but i thought it could be important :|

greetings

Taloose likes this.
  33. Evike7

Evike7

34. Harinezumi

Harinezumi

adi2020smith and eliasley like this.
  35. Annundur

Annundur

For some reason, I'm not able to install this Windows Update. I also read that deleting the manifest.json file, inside "Packages" folder (after creating the project) would work, but it didn't for me. Finally I managed to avoid the issue with a rudimentary solution.

In case someone is having the same issue, this is what I did: I created the project using an older version of Unity (in my case 2017.4.20), and then closed it. Once the project has been created, I open it with any Unity 2018 (like 2018.3.2) and after the short usual process of converting the project to the modern version, the project finally opens. The blank errors are gone, so I can start working as usual with the 2018 version.

I'm not a Unity expert, but if someone is having this problem, and can't install the Windows Update, this might work.

Thanks everyone!

36. SANGUISOFT

SANGUISOFT

I'm on w10 and having the same issue in 2018.3.02f. And i can't take any of the working solutions cause i can't go back to 2018.2.x because i am using some of the new features. Neither i can put the net in 3.5 because of the same, i am using code that not works in 3.5. Its a school project so i need a fix to this, or i won't be able to finish it. I am pretty much F***ed, i dont know what to do.

EDIT: OMG . I dont know how but i had the exe of unity in compatibility mode for win8. Disabling that fixed the problem.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  37. Munzter

Munzter

Hello
    Hello, do you have the windows update service running ? if you have disabled it, then unplug your internet connection if you need to and reenable it to install them; or maybe you need to install windows 7 service pack 1 first. then install Windows6.1-KB3172605-x64 and Windows6.1-KB3020369-x64. if one of this two wont install try the other, they need to be installed in order...

its https://www.microsoft.com/de-DE/download/details.aspx?id=53335
    and https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=46817

i hope this will help you

regards

38. bhavsarjay01

bhavsarjay01

what options will i loose if i switched to .net3.5

39. NikitaVahrameev21

NikitaVahrameev21

Thank! Changing the compatibility mode helped me too.
    What I did:
    1) updated my windows 10 completely (a dark theme appeared, it's cool :))
    2) went into the folder where Unity is installed. Right-clicked Unity.exe, select properties, then the compatibility tab and uncheck the box "run the program in compatibility mode c: "and clicked apply.
    And it worked!

Attached Files:

mapardeshenas and Ash-Blue like this.
  40. yourfriendninjarinplays

yourfriendninjarinplays

hey guys, is there a way to Toggle .Net 3.5? because Everytime i make a project My Scripting Runtime Version Is 4.x...

41. NikitaVahrameev21

NikitaVahrameev21

Open Build Settings and in tab Other Settings choose ScriptRuntimeVersion

42. yourfriendninjarinplays

yourfriendninjarinplays

excuse me, what do you mean by "Other Settings" In Build Settings?

43. NikitaVahrameev21

NikitaVahrameev21

[QUOTE = "yourfriendninjarinplays, post: 4362532, member: 2046550"] извините, что вы подразумеваете под "Другие настройки" в настройках сборки? [/ QUOTE]
    ;)

Attached Files:

44. Createman

Createman

I updated my Windows 7 with Windows Update and the error is gone. Might be those .NET updates which were plenty.

45. AliMansoori

AliMansoori

Hi guys,

So the only way to fix that is by updatin the windows?

mehdipol and mfk like this.
  46. Arkylle

Arkylle

Hello,

I've updated my Unity to the latest version but the 4 blank lines still appear. I also can't update my Win7 to fix the issue. Are there any other tips to get Unity to work w/o downgrading or using NET 3.5?

47. tomandjerry-tas

tomandjerry-tas

i am all testing is
    1. Windows 7 (Crack using F***K)
    NET 3.5 (all ok)
    NET 4.X (4Red line Blank Error)
    2. Windows 10
    NET 3.5 and NET 4.X (all clear and is ok)
    3. Ubuntu 18.10
    NET 3.5 and NET 4.X (all clear and is ok)

Force to Windows 10 Update (100% :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:)

taim_ar and nguyenkhanh30303 like this.
  48. eliasley

eliasley

49. Mr-Tomato

Mr-Tomato

Same problem, nothing seems to work and windows update doesnt work too, i could try all the different windows update files here but i guees its easier to just update to windows 10 already..