Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Found no receiver for incoming command[0] ...

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by mardikas, Jul 1, 2015.

1. mardikas

mardikas

Hello,

I have been messing around with the multiplayer system for a while and cannot figure out how to fix this error:

Found no receiver for incoming command [0] on Player(Clone) (UnityEngine.GameObject), the server and client should have the same NetworkBehaviour instances [netId=4].
    UnityEngine.Networking.NetworkIdentity:UNetStaticUpdate()

The player object is a prefab, and it is registered in the networkmanager prefabs, with all the scripts attached. The setup for the Player Gameobject is a number of different Network Behaviours attached to it and some of them can send data / work fine, like chat messages, however the error occurs from my Inventory script on the player, when the client is trying to move an item to another client's inventory, if the server is a player (client) the items are moved and updated properly for every other connected client.

Therefore how can I ensure that every client and server have the same instance, and avoid the error?
    Thanks for the help,

Mart.

2. niflying

niflying

Same here, Any idears now?

3. whoisgliese

whoisgliese

Did you ever find a solution?

Ok, so the problem was that I was actually playing a very different version of my game. I had duplicated a project and the builds version stayed in the folder of the original project, so the build in the new project folder, the one I was playing, was actually the build of the original project, and all the new builds were being sent to the builds folder of the original project.

Hope this helps anyone

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  4. ThugLifeCompany

ThugLifeCompany

make sure your exported games are the same version, if it doesn't work then make sure your export folder is empty before building