Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Forward Rendering with HDR and MSAA, awesome but bugged

Discussion in '5.6 Beta' started by OlliQueck, Dec 15, 2016.

1. OlliQueck

OlliQueck

The new 5.6 feature to have MSAA with HDR is just awesome for Virtual Reality, i tried for weeks to achieve something similar with RGBM compression and custom shaders.
    Anyway, i found a problem about this when i activate HDR and MSAA and sample the depth buffer inside an image effect shader. At first it seams to work nicely (no filtering in depthbuffer though) but after baking light the depth buffer is just black. Anyone else observed this problem? Seams weird that when i disable baked GI it works again, and when i reenable it the depth buffer is just black again... maybe some flags are set wrong or wat?

StaffanEk likes this.
  2. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies

That sounds liek a weird bug. Can you please raise an issue?

StaffanEk likes this.
  3. OlliQueck

OlliQueck

did already last week but with very short description. maybe i can raise another one with more detailed information this week.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

You can add info to the old bug.

Also it might be useful to post the case no here so the interested dev can find it :)

5. OlliQueck

OlliQueck

sorry my fault, it works perfectly fine! i just decoded the wrong depthmap. I used DepthTextureMode.DepthNormals on my camera but decoded the sampler2D _CameraDepthTexture instead of sampler2D _CameraDepthNormalsTexture . Still no idea why the checkbox on the lightbaker influenced it last week though...

6. Tim-C

Tim-C

Unity Technologies