Search Unity

Forward Decal drawn on material with Receive Decals disabled

Discussion in 'Visual Effect Graph' started by sergio93, Apr 29, 2022.

1. sergio93

sergio93

Hello! I have made a VFX graph that outputs a forward decal and I notice that it is drawn on materials that have the checkbox "Receive Decals" disabled.

Is the "Receive Decals" checkbox not working for decals from VFX Graph?

Cheers

2. sergio93

sergio93

Is this not the correct place to ask this question?

3. JulienF_Unity

JulienF_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, yes this is the correct place.

Forward decals in VFX Graph are very basic and lacks some features. We have no plans to improve them and they will be deprecated and replaced by HDRP and URP decals outputs which use SRP decals buffer/pass underneath instead of forward pass and inherits all their features.

HDRP decal outputs were added in 2021 (https://portal.productboard.com/uni...dering-visual-effects/c/111-hdrp-decal-output) while URP ones will come later.

4. dgoyette

dgoyette

Any thoughts on why I can't find the "Output Particle HDRP Lit Decal" in 2021.3 LTS (VFX Graph 12.1.7)? I have Decals enabled in general, but I can't see this context when trying to create a VFX Graph.

5. dgoyette

dgoyette

I've just downloaded the VFX Sample project, where I see the GooBall sample graph, which contains an Output Particle HDRP Lit Decal node. However, if I try to create another Decal node, it's not an option. What am I missing?

upload_2022-6-29_21-37-16.png

6. Qriva

Qriva

Not sure it belongs there, but do you have experimental blocks enabled in preferences?

7. dgoyette

dgoyette

Ah, I guess I didn't. Thanks. I see the node now.