Search Unity

Forum Redesign

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VenomUnity, Feb 25, 2014.

1. VenomUnity

VenomUnity

Hi Unity and developers,

Lately I've been visiting this forum quite often, mostly for the assets section. But what is bothering me is that for a single assets there are hundreds of posts and you have to browse back and forth to find useful content for you. And also because there are lots of posts, some great content gets lost in way.

So I'm proposing that maybe Unity should redesign the forum a little, especially the asset store section. For each asset, posts could be separated into categories and users will go right where they want. I'm not a designer but I went and made a simple image to visualize better what I'm saying.

Thanks.

$redesign.jpg

2. KheltonHeadley

KheltonHeadley

Lol no.

Deleted User likes this.
  3. Alf203

Alf203

Yeah good one lol.

The asset store threads are just to show your assets and promote them. If the authors want they give updates and support in it (some have their own forums to do that) but what you are asking for, is for Unity to manage every author's own little forum or section inside Unity's forum.

I think they have enough on their hands managing the regular forum and the asset store. If you want something like this, then each author will have to makes its own forum outside of Unity's.

4. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I don't think that asking people to sign up for a different forum for every asset store publisher is acceptable. It wouldn't be a bad idea to implement something for the asset store section to make it more manageable.

--Eric