Search Unity

Feedback Forum organization

Discussion in 'Open Projects' started by MagdielM, Oct 2, 2020.

1. MagdielM

MagdielM

While the team's efforts to keep things in order are a step in the right direction, I do feel that more can be done, and I have a few suggestions which I'll list in (what I believe to be) order of importance:

1. Create a separate sub-forum for each roadmap deck.
      All the different tasks involved in getting the project done are very neatly categorized in the roadmap, but there's no such structure here on the forums. Combing through the forum for a specific task is already quite troublesome, and I'm concerned this process will become nightmarish once the project inevitably ramps up in complexity and certain categories start piling on (the bugs category is going to flood the forum from time to time and we all know it).

2. Restrict new thread creation to admins and moderators, and have a separate sub-forum for feedback and suggestions.
      The team has already announced that each aspect of the game to be discussed will have a single, official thread, but eager newcomers might miss this announcement and still start redundant threads. This will only give the moderation team more work to handle, and restricting thread creation can easily remedy this. Of course, we'll still need a space for contributors to post feedback and suggestions, but a lot of feedback will end up buried in replies if kept to a single thread. A separate sub-forum for feedback and suggestions, or even one for each, will help structure the discourse much more nicely.

3. Create a dedicated sub-forum within the Open Projects sub-forum for each new project.
      This may seem trivial now, as there is only one project in the works, but containing the discussion for each project in a dedicated sub-forum will become a necessity once we have more than a handful of Open Projects. This will prove more difficult for the moderation team if delayed for too long: the threads will only keep piling up here as time passes.

ironCookie and hyagogow like this.
  2. cirocontinisio

cirocontinisio

Thanks for the suggestions! We'll keep them in mind, and some of them make a lot of sense.
    However, for now we don't want to create another subforum as that also might create more work. Now people could try and open official threads in both forums! More work and confusion too.

But we'll keep adjusting the way we do things as we go. It's a new process for us too :)