Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Forum login check is broken

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by ecurtz, Oct 16, 2016.

1. ecurtz

ecurtz

Every time the forum software does anything that checks login status it's logging me out. This has been going on for several days and I've seen other people comment on it as well.

2. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Can you tell us which browser you are on? If you are on Firefox, have you enabled third party cookies or whitelisted unity3d.com and unity.com ?

3. ecurtz

ecurtz

Safari. Login seems to be working today, which is odd. When it was broken I could see it successfully log me in and then immediately refresh and log me out again.

4. ecurtz

ecurtz

Spoke too soon, it booted me again as soon as I posted and took multiple tries to get back here (can't edit previous post because the extra button click will boot me again.)

5. SaraCecilia

SaraCecilia

Alright, thanks for the extra info. I'll send over your credentials to the team to have a look at.

6. ecurtz

ecurtz

Still broken.

7. ecurtz

ecurtz

Still broken. I'd rather not abandon this account but it's getting pretty silly at this point.

8. martinvium

martinvium

Hi @ecurtz

I asked around, and here are the most likely solutions:

1. Please make sure you have 3rd party cookies enabled, and you have https://api.unity.com whitelisted (note the missing 3d), this sounds like it might be your problem.

2. Also try and delete your cookies, again specifically for the domain https://api.unity.com

If none of this helps, would you mind verifying if it works correctly in a different browser, and let me know? I will keep an eye on this thread.

ecurtz likes this.
  9. IronMathbook

IronMathbook

looks like the problem is related to 3party cookies

ecurtz likes this.
  10. ecurtz

ecurtz

It was related to the cross domain cookies as you both suggested. I had to lower my privacy settings, which I'm not too excited about, but I can stay logged in now.