Search Unity

Formatting text

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Deleted User, Aug 27, 2014.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

I was trying to implement my localization system with the new UI and I'm hitting a problem, probably I'm missing something. At runtime I parse a simple text files that is made of multiple lines, example:

str000 = string 0
    str001 = string 1

So I split each line by = and populate a dictionary with the left hand as key and right as value. It works all ok until I'm trying to add a carriage return (\n). Sadly I can't split one text in multiple lines, so to return I need to do all in one line, there is an alternative to using \n?

2. StarManta

StarManta

I'm not quite sure I'm grasping your problem, but is the issue that you need to double-escape? Use \\n in your code so that it shows up as \n in the text file?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm trying to avoid to show \n in the text. When I add it it doesn't return on a new line but it just include \n as text.

4. Breyer

Breyer

This looks like .ini file - why not use free tool from google or other for parse them instead of reinventig wheel?

If you see nothing support multiline then consider other format like .json .yaml etc.

If u still need own way use regex with split and lazy quantifier (?) Like *? I had similar problem but for finding multiple links in text. Ah and use regexoption.singleline to ensure that ' .' (Dot alone) Symbol will work with multiline text

I hope i was a bit helpful ;)

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I just feel confortable that way. I can definetly do more splitting, but the fact is that another guy is passing strings with \n on text and for him it oes on newline, so thats why I was puzzled that doesn't happen for me.