Search Unity

Forever - Endless Runner Engine

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dreamteck, Mar 20, 2019.

1. jGate99

jGate99

Same question, especially when this asset is on sale and we want to know if we should buy it or not based on its future
    Thanks

2. AtomsInTheVoid

AtomsInTheVoid

I mean, if I had an asset on sale, I would TOTALLY ignore the support forum for several days while people spend their money on other things..................

3. Anto187

Anto187

Hello, can i integrate dreamteck spline with the forever engine?

jingray likes this.
  4. Anto187

Anto187

And if yes, is need to bake it for hardware friendly (group of meshes that deformed by dreamteck spline) or just leave it as it is?

5. toto2003

toto2003

Hello i just bought this asset, download the latest package but where are the 4 examples? i can t find them.
    thanks

6. christougher

christougher

Hullo? Hopefully this asset is not recently deserted as it appears a whole slew of people (myself included) just bought it on sale. Anyway, if and when support shows up I got this error while playing the Magic Valley after surviving a modest amount of time...

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Dreamteck.Forever.LevelSegment.OnOriginOffset (UnityEngine.Vector3 dir) (at Assets/Dreamteck/Forever/Level Segment/LevelSegment.cs:190)
    Dreamteck.Forever.FloatingOrigin.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Dreamteck/Forever/Level Generator/FloatingOrigin.cs:62)

Using Unity 2019.3

Also @toto2003 there is a unity package in the forever directory labeled Examples. Double click and import the examples.
    Also... ditto what @Anto187 asked. How to integrate with your (lovely and hopefully well supported) Splines asset?

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    toto2003 likes this.
  7. matzomat

matzomat

Hi,

it doesn't work for me at all. Whenever I try to create a segment Prefab by clicking on one of the "save" buttons, I get: "Please select a path inside this project's Assets folder".
    And yes, I am inside the right path and I tried about a few dozen solutions (saving in subfolders, saving in another project and stuff like that). I'm a little clueless. What am I doing wrong?

Steps:
    1. Crate Plane
    2. Add Level Segment Script
    3. Click "Save"
    4. Error

After a few days of searching, writing it out sometimes is magic. I just found the solution: The Level Segment Script only works on Prefabs.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  8. christougher

christougher

How would you recommend using a running character with an animator? Say something similar to subway surfers with jumping, platforms and maybe some wall running in it? How do you keep it grounded to the path (minus jumping) . Would you discourage the use of Root motion and just use the runner script to manage the actual movement?

9. jasilkm

jasilkm

Hi
    Thank you for your awesome product!!!

I am getting a strange issue on my game, That also very hard to re produce.

The error is some times my path is disappearing from device. This never able to reproduce in unity editor and i got once in device, The error lead me to in Dreamteck.Forever.LevelPathGenerator.OnOriginOffset ()

Please see the full error log:

2019-12-23 17:33:07.161 18294-18332/? E/Unity: NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at UnityEngine.Transform.InverseTransformDirection (UnityEngine.Vector3 direction) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at Dreamteck.Forever.LevelPathGenerator.OnOriginOffset (UnityEngine.Vector3 direction) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at Dreamteck.Forever.HighLevelPathGenerator.OnOriginOffset (UnityEngine.Vector3 direction) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at Dreamteck.Forever.FloatingOrigin+FloatingOriginHandler.Invoke (UnityEngine.Vector3 direction) [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0
    at Dreamteck.Forever.FloatingOrigin.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <00000000000000000000000000000000>:0

Any help Appreciated and Advanced thanks.

Jasil

10. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Hey everyone!

Apologies for being absent for so long. We are still in the midst of releasing our game, Lifeslide and updating it and our studio has been very, very busy this year.

We have been following the forums but haven't had time to respond to inquiries for which I'm really sorry. Rest assured, our plugins will not be discontinued and the support for them will continue and new versions are on the way.

During the work on Lifeslide (which utilizies both of our plugins - Dreamteck Splines and Forever) we have found lots of issues that we have patched and are coming your way!

We are currently working to patch various issues and release Forever 1.07. New video tutorials are also on their way. Keep in mind that if you need support, the best place to ask is either using our form: https://dreamteck.io/support/contact.php or in our Discord server - https://discord.gg/5xJVJv

Once again, our apologies for being so slow and not keeping our promises. You all have been amazing and very understanding customers and it has been a pleasure to work with you! We are currently working on getting the quality of our support back on track!

Cheers,

Mitko

rrahim likes this.
  11. FunkyBuddha

FunkyBuddha

Heya,
    I bought three of your assets; Splines, Blenda and this one.
    About four weeks ago after buying this asset, when I first imported everything seems to be working fine, I was able to load the scenes with no problem, but when I imported the Splines updates this problems start popping up. I deleted everything closed Unity and imported Forever asset only. But the problem still persist. ForeverError--1.jpg ForeverError--2.jpg ForeverError--3.jpg ForeverError--4.jpg

12. Markru

Markru

Hello,

I just started using Forever and so far it works very well. But I have a problem: I cant figure out how to implement a mechanic that restarts the game when my player hits a collider and dies.

Thanks in Advance

Marius

13. khushalkhan

khushalkhan

Great package overall, more tutorials needed. Specially its integration with splines package

14. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Thanks for using our assets!

You need to assign the camera property of the Floating Origin component in your game. Go to the Floating Origin component and drag the main camera in there.

15. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Look into the following methods:

Code (CSharp):
    1. LevelGenerator.instance.StartGeneration();
    2. LevelGenerator.instance.Clear();
    3. LevelGenerator.instance.Restart();
    They let you control your level generation and this is how you can restart the game.

16. FunkyBuddha

FunkyBuddha

I tried what you instructed, unfortunately it did not work, if you look closely from my screenshots there are missing prefabs, and Unity starts crashing, anyway I found the solution, I guess it has something to do with the Unity version, from 2017.4.32f1 where I'm having trouble with error, I imported it to version 2018.4.6f1 and everything's fine now.

17. playholding

playholding

hello is there a way to know if lane switching completed

18. toto2003

toto2003

Hello, got your asset recently and so far it look promising, i try to check where is the runner along the spline but i can t manage to make it work regard to the doc
    do i miss something?
    here is my simple code

namespace Dreamteck.Forever
    {
    using System.Collections;
    using System.Collections.Generic;
    using UnityEngine;
    using Dreamteck.Splines;
    public class levelManager : MonoBehaviour
    {
    SplineResult evalResult;
    // Start is called before the first frame update
    void Start()
    {

}

// Update is called once per frame
    void Update()
    {
    LevelGenerator.instance.Evaluate(0.5, evalResult);
    Debug.Log("Evaluated the middle of the segment - > " + evalResult.position);
    }
    }
    }

19. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Hi! This should work in the latest 1.07 version:

Code (CSharp):
    1. namespace Dreamteck.Forever
    2. {
    3.     using System.Collections;
    4.     using System.Collections.Generic;
    5.     using UnityEngine;
    6.     using Dreamteck.Splines;
    7.     public class levelManager : MonoBehaviour
    8.     {
    9.         SplineSample evalResult = new SplineSample();
    11.         void Update()
    12.         {
    13.             LevelGenerator.instance.Evaluate(0.5, evalResult);
    14.             Debug.Log("Evaluated the middle of the segment - > " + evalResult.position);
    15.         }
    16.     }
    17. }
    SplineResult has been renamed to SplineSample an you need to initialize the evalResult object before you pass it into Evaluate

20. Bystander333

Bystander333

Hi, quick bug fix,

The StartRoutine() coroutine in LevelGenerator is using WaitForSeconds which is fine up until you pause the game (set Time.timescale to 0) which will mean it never returns control after the yield.
    Given pausing the game while having the level generate is quite a common thing I'd suggest this should be converted to WaitForSecondsRealtime().

21. Bystander333

Bystander333

Another bug with Level Segment custom paths - the Insert Point At End button actually inserts in the wrong place in the array and causes massive kinking.
    The fix is to edit LevelSegmentPathEditor.cs - around line 138 inside DrawInspector.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArrayUtility.Insert(ref spline.points, spline.points.Length - 2, new SplinePoint(result.position, result.position - result.forward * tangentLength, result.up, result.size, result.color));
    The spline.points.Length - 2 should be spline.points.Length - 1.
    Replace the line with
    Code (CSharp):
    1. ArrayUtility.Insert(ref spline.points, spline.points.Length - 1, new SplinePoint(result.position, result.position - result.forward * tangentLength, result.up, result.size, result.color));

Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
  22. peeka

peeka

is it possible to add rigidbody object in level segment? when i do it, it just fell through the ground

*EDIT, I fixed it by only activate rigidbody onLevelLoaded

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
  23. peeka

peeka

I am trying to create a custom sequence, when I open the door all I got is empty screen, I am on unity 2019.3.7f1

Attached Files:

24. peeka

peeka

is this a bug?

Attached Files:

25. RoyalCoder

RoyalCoder

Hi Dreamteck Team,
    Can you provide me a Demo for PC, please?

26. XavLasuite

XavLasuite

Hi Dreamteck Team,

I've bought both Forever engine and Dreamtek Splines... But they can't work in same project. I use the spline tool for other project features and because forever brake the game, I had to take it off for the while and use another solution. It's used in a big project with other tools and proprietary scripts.
    Keep me informed and see if there is a solution to get a refund.

Thanks,
    XavLasuite

27. christougher

christougher

Is it possible to run this on WebGL? Or does anyone know how to get it working on WebGL? I just made a school project with my daughter that we're trying to get to work online but the path doesn't build nor is the player there. I'm using the math quiz scene

28. christougher

christougher

Figured it out. Needed to comment out a few lines of threading code. :) my daughter now has the coolest quiz project! In her class! :cool:

29. Senkh

Senkh

Hello, quick question about licensing. Can I use this in my commercial personal projects? Can I use it if I buy it to myself, at the company I work for projects?

30. x_ming_x

x_ming_x

Hello All
    Ive got your splines addon and have all the mechanics of my game working using that, now im looking to add art and this seems like a perfect solution but is it compatible can they be connected to follow the same spline / path.

31. harringtonsp

harringtonsp

Hello, I have a special use case for this and wanted to know if possible.

Forever can make a gameObject follow the generated level with the runner component, but is there a way to move and rotate the generated level around a gameObject?

32. sherzhen

sherzhen

Hi Dreamteck Team. Love your asset, great job!
    There is one thing that makes it impossible to further work with the tool: if you change the parameters of the RandomPathGenerator (for example, change in Pitch Max. Target Step), then after starting and then stopping the game in the editor, unity crashes. (Unity 2019.4.8f1)
    I really hope that this bug will be fixed soon. Otherwise, everything is cool, good luck!

33. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Thanks for reporting that! We haven't seen this issue before. Could you send us the editor log after the crash? You can use our support form and link it there: https://dreamteck.io/support/contact.php

34. Smileypop

Smileypop

I am having a similar problem to FunkyBuddha. When I try to open the examples folder, the rendering of the demo scenes is missing prefabs.

I am using Unity 2020. There are no warnings or errors when running.

For example, here is how Math Highway looks:

Screen Shot 2020-09-08 at 8.57.45 PM.png

35. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

We just released a substantial update to Forever. We have addressed known issues, changed how some things work and added new functionality.

Here's the changelog:

RoyalCoder and toto2003 like this.
  36. livium

livium

how can I add random power-ups on the lanes?

37. jGate99

jGate99

about time

38. lightmont

lightmont

Hello @Dreamteck ,

We have purchased both Forever and Splines. In an empty project, it seems that importing Forever and then Spline, errors are shown in the console.

No matter the order of import, if Splines is imported and then Forever is imported, errors are shown nonetheless.

Version used are the last ones available on the Asset Store as of today:
    - Forever 1.10
    - Splines 2.0.6
    - Unity Version is: 2020.2.0f1

By analyzing the errors, it seems that Forever has an internal folder named "Splines" in which a simple spline version is included.
    The asset "Dreamteck Splines" also has an internal folder named "Splines" in which the full version of splines is in it.

And the scripts in the folder "Splines" in the asset "Dreamteck Splines" kind of override some of the scripts which are in the folder "Splines" in the asset "Dreamteck Forever".

This strange overrider process also seems to happen for some scripts in the folder named "Utilities".

These strange override processes breaks some APIs used in the assets producing the errors.
    We tried to fix the errors, but they's too many of them and we don't know if the fixes will actually produce useable versions of both Forever and Splines.

Would it be possible for you to have a look at this case?
    Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2020
  39. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Hi @lightmont , thanks for using our products!
    This is strange. I'm currently importing both plugins version 2.06 and 1.10 into the same project and I'm not able to reproduce this issue.

Can you please post the errors you are getting?

40. lightmont

lightmont

Thank you @Dreamteck for getting back to me.

Indeed, it's frankly quite strange, because I'm pretty sure these kind of tests are checked on your side.

Here are the errors. There will be 2 cases:
    - Case A: First asset to be imported is Forever and the second one is Splines;
    - Case B: First asset to be imported is Splines and the second one is Forever.

Errors differ based on the order of import of the assets.

Case A (1st Forever, 2nd Splines)
    Name of screens follow with some written details.
    • A1 - Importing Forever
    • A2 - Importing Splines:
      • as mentioned here, when Splines is imported, script named "Spline" in folder "Splines/Core" is getting overwritten, plus some other ones in the "Utilities" folder.
    • A3 - Six Errors - Fixable
      • (All the errors are a one-line error, everything is readable from the screenshots)
      • Here the first errors are shown, there seems to be only six, which seems fixable, but custom changes are needed (moving ResourceUtility script in the Editor folder + changing "Catmull" type into another now present + adding "ref" to a method in "LevelSegmentExtrusion")
    • A4 - Other Eight Errors - Fix seems infeasible
      • By fixing those 6 previous errors, other errors come up. Here we stop making changes because it's quite unsure what will eventually happen.

Case B will be posted in the next message since the maximum number of files that can be uploaded is 5.

Attached Files:

41. lightmont

lightmont

Case B (1st Splines, 2nd Forever)
    • B1 - Importing Splines
    • B1.2 - "DREAMTECK_SPLINES" added
    • B2.1 - Importing Forever
    • B2.2 - Importing Forever
      • Forever is imported after Splines, and a few scripts are getting replaced in folder "Splines/Core", and some new ones are getting added in folder "Utilities".
    • B3 - Errors after importing Forever (different from case A)
      • Here are shown the console errors after the import of Forever, which are different from the previous Case A.

Really not sure if it's some kind of custom setting we have on our side in Unity.

Thank you.

Attached Files:

42. ecarter

ecarter

hello, how can i log the distance the player has travel?

43. kodama1337

kodama1337

I'm also curious to know if it's possible to use Forever with WebGL builds.

In my own testing, the Dreamteck engine spawns level segments as expected when I build for Windows. However when I build for the WebGL 2.0 platform the segments don't appear -- my player falls down into the abyss!

44. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

WebGL builds work fine but multithreading does not work there so that needs to be turned off.

45. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Seems like the prefabs are there but the materials are not working. Are you using URP?

46. iMagesBlues

iMagesBlues

Hello,

I'm currently using your asset and it works well as expected.

Though, I am loading a scene from an assetbundle and the level is not generated.
    And I get an index error where the extrusion mesh normals have zero length (works fine when assetbundles are not used). Any ideas/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

47. SIV

SIV

How to turn it off please ? im having same issue with segments not appearing.

48. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

Unfortunately not sure what might be happening. If you can send us a small isolated project that uses an asset bundle, we can take a look.

49. Dreamteck

Dreamteck

The Level generator component has a "Multithreading" toggle. You just need to toggle it off.

50. SIV

SIV

I confirm it now works ! a bit slow loading each segment but it works, is there a way to optimize the loading ? im using the math demo example.

AlayaElla2 likes this.