Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] ForestVision-Uni

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mcbauer, May 28, 2018.

1. mcbauer

mcbauer

Available now!

All the great customization of ForestVision, but now built from scratch with Unity trees so you can leverage all of that built in power!

As it stands right now, it ships with 100 trees ready for your bidding. Yes 100!

Capture1.JPG

Each style of tree, of which there is 20 base trees, comes with 5 ages: bush groups--which are your younglings ready to start growing, small bush size, to standard tree, to a tall version, and then a giant ... just because.

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

And just because you know I won't leave you hanging, I've also included a few substance tools you will grow to love.

Foliage Master: Pick one of several branch styles, the trunk texture, a spring flower, and 2 types of leaves, and have fun creating unique species that fit your ForestVision! Possibilities are literally endless. I'm actually turning this into a stand alone product soon but for now, I'm including it in both ForestVision and ForestVision-Uni because I believe it is just that essential, but after version 1.0, updates will require you to buy the solo version. Consider it a great way to test it out for yourself.

Color Adjuster: Let's say you have your own leaf image that you want to use, then use the Color Adjuster to generate all the Normal and Glossiness maps you need, and if you feel like it, tweak the source image up a bit with some noise and color variations.

Trunk Blender: Not only will you get (as of right now) 33 trunk textures to pick from, but take any 2 and blend them together in style to come up with that perfect species!

Oh and because they are all Substances, whatever you generate, simply export and save to build your own library that you can do whatever you want with. Maybe sell some new textures on everyone's favorite asset store.......

Package also includes Uni-Grass, Uni-Bushes, Uni-Plants, and because they are so fun to create, I'm also adding in Uni-Megas which are simply the largest Unity trees I can make. Not for mobile for sure, but they sure make a statement!

And just like ForestVision, this package will continue to grow over its lifetime. I've been working on this for a while and I'm ready to release it. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    coverpage, Artomiano and Mark_01 like this.
  2. zoltanBorbas

zoltanBorbas

Impressive and it just what might be what i need. I would have just one question are there going to be trees of those kind with large corona. I am looking for assets that make good forest from a top down view for RTS games.

Keep up the great work.

3. mcbauer

mcbauer

Yes, I am making trees now that use custom meshes for the branches which look great from above,and below!

4. zoltanBorbas

zoltanBorbas

Wow, that is great! Looking forward to get my hands on it.

mcbauer likes this.
  5. mcbauer

mcbauer

I'm going to push up this product for submission this weekend, but I added in a couple more tools and wanted to add in those details about what you'll be getting.

* Note I do not recommend, or support 2018 with this product yet. They haven't yet added the Export option which is a key aspect of what these tools bring to the table. Once they complete the plugin and add that back in, I'll make the 2018 version.

FV_ResizeTreeAtlas

Still quite new, and under development, but you can use this tool to increase the resolution
    of your Unity tree textures above the 1K resolution they default to.

It's pretty straightforward to use, and for now only works with 2 atlassed textures, a bark and the leaves.
    I'll be adding in more texture options down the road.

- Add in the original source image for both the Bark and the Foliage, tweak some basic parameters if you desire,
    and then just export your new textures, apply to a new Tree Creator Leaves material, and apply to the base level of any tree you like --replacing the Optimized Leaf Material

Note, currently, you will lose the built in Ambient Occlusion Tree Creator generates, but maybe it's worth it to regain
    texture resolution...

As mentioned, this one is still under development, but it works enough that I wanted you to have it.

---------------------

Autumnizer

Takes a single input texture of a full branch, for example maybe you found a great image online, but you'd like to see a little autumn love applied to it. Autumnizer, still under development, will tweak the colors of your image with a slider that allows you to control how the color change is applied to your branch. You control how you want the fall version of this branch to look, then blend to get the perfect result.
    Note, this will affect the entire image, you will not get the same result as if you used Foliage Master, but can allow you to quickly turn Summer leaves to Fall!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2018
  6. mcbauer

mcbauer

screenshots4.jpg screenshots5.jpg screenshots6.jpg screenshots2.jpg screenshots3.jpg

Mark_01 likes this.
  7. zoltanBorbas

zoltanBorbas

How is it going?

8. mcbauer

mcbauer

It's been submitted Just waiting for the approval.

9. coverpage

coverpage

Can't wait for this.

mcbauer likes this.
  10. mcbauer

mcbauer

Mark_01 likes this.
  11. mcbauer

mcbauer

Next update will more than double the amount of trees as I will be adding Spring, Fall, and Winter versions for all 100!

12. mcbauer

mcbauer

You might be asking, "what are the key differences between FV and FV-Uni"?

First FV is ginormous. It is stocked full of assets which you can use to make your own trees, with tons of vegetation meshes. It is made to contain as many things as I can think of to add to allow you to create quality, detailed forests. It is not designed to be on mobile platforms--although that doesn't mean that you can use it on mobile, just that it isn't designed to mobile friendly because you can make very high draw count assets easily, and I'm not going to restrict you from that.

FV-Uni is geared towards people looking for some customization, but really who just want quality trees which are ready to be used--and mobile friendly. Since they are all made from Unity trees, you know what to expect and I don't have to worry about writing/supporting new shaders since all of that is natively supported.

Both collections will continue to grow, but Uni will always be geared towards giving you the largest collection of trees that are ready to be dumped into your scenes with little to no tweaking needed.

13. mcbauer

mcbauer

Also will be adding in more options for the Atlas Resizer. Since Unity makes a 1K atlas of all textures assigned to your initial tree, I have added in a tool which will allow you to resize that texture atlas back up to 2K. Currently, it only ships with one bark, and 1 leaf--which is reasonable, but I will be adding more options in the next update.

14. Artomiano

Artomiano

Hi Mc,

again: You forgot am impressible demo video. ;)

mcbauer likes this.
  15. mcbauer

mcbauer

Uh I know I know! Things have been crazy

16. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I just found this (I'm surprised I missed this thread.) I have ForestVision but this looks great and should fit my needs perfectly. I'll be picking this up soon.

mcbauer likes this.
  17. mcbauer

mcbauer

Awesome Steven, thank you for being a continued supporter!

18. mcbauer

mcbauer

Price drop! Go snatch it up for only $10 while you can!

Mark_01 and StevenPicard like this.
  19. Mark_01

Mark_01

What is the difference between Forest-Uni and ForestVision ?
    Thanks

20. Artomiano

Artomiano

Hi Mark,

as far as I know, ForestVision is a tree creator. ForestVision-Uni is a ready-to-go pack (pre-built trees/foliage) with customizing options for textures and colours.

Mark_01 likes this.
  21. Artomiano

Artomiano

You forgot to set up the price drop on ForestVision. :rolleyes:

22. Mark_01

Mark_01

Thanks for the info

mcbauer likes this.
  23. mcbauer

mcbauer

Tom sums is up pretty well.
    Forestvision is a huge collection of assets that you can use in creating your forest-like scenes. Uni is solely made with the Unity built in tree creator tool and comes with 100 ready made trees, that you can still randomize and tweak using its own parameters. Hope this helps!

StevenPicard and Mark_01 like this.
  24. Artomiano

Artomiano

@mcbauer

can you show us some close up pictures of some of the uni trees? I think about purchasing FV-Uni. How crisp are they? What about blending textures of stump and branches? How looks the leaves in near view? Can you give us some impressions?

Why do I ask you? In most of your pictures, trees' leaves looks so "plucked". Can you tweak this? Or is this normal?

25. mcbauer

mcbauer

Uni trees are essentially a library of Unity trees, so they default to 1K resolution.

I don't know what you mean by "plucked"

26. mcbauer

mcbauer

27. mcbauer

mcbauer

28. mcbauer

mcbauer

Hopefully these don't seem plucked ;)

29. zoltanBorbas

zoltanBorbas

Hi there!

Any chance for us to get pine trees? I was just wondering what will i use for the more tundra like terrains... ;)

Nice asset i love it.

mcbauer likes this.
  30. mcbauer

mcbauer

There are pine trees, conifers. Plus remember I provide you with plenty of textures to make your own versions.