Search Unity

Question Forces and alignment issue

Discussion in 'Unity MARS' started by wiltabone, Feb 12, 2021.

1. wiltabone

wiltabone

So I am currently simulating an outdoor environment and and playing around with a simple flat plane which would be displayed on the ground. I set a proxy alignment force to the main camera (centre in front of and face). I want the plane to show vertically facing away from the user (long end of the rect adjacent to the camera).
    However when play testing, the plane asset sometimes spawns horizontally or diagonally etc.

Not sure if I am missing some particular settings which would help in spawning the asset in the correct orientation on the horizontal plane proxy or perhaps force it to reorient towards the camera and then set.
    Another solution I was thinking about was to create an image marker of part of the environment so that it spawns the asset, which would then be forced to map to the horizontal proxy plane detected on the ground.

2. jmunozarUTech

jmunozarUTech

Unity Technologies

Hello @wiltabone

mmm Forces are a tricky topic, depending on the transform axis of your plane you might have to set the target relation to a different axis. I would check on this as the first thing.

Also not sure if you have looked into the forces docs https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.mars@1.2/manual/Forces.html but on the dinner for two example we align the cutlery to be in front of the camera; Hopefully that could help you out.