Search Unity

Force Unique not work When Instantiate ?

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by lijianfeng, Mar 13, 2020.

1. lijianfeng

lijianfeng

When I Instantiate multiple entities come from prefab entity, these entites all reference to the same collider of the prefab entity.:(

2. Adam-Mechtley

Adam-Mechtley

Administrator

Yes for now the "Force Unique" concept only has effect during conversion (i.e. two GameObjects with otherwise same inputs will convert into unique BlobAssets). The concept no longer exists at run-time. It's on our roadmap to evaluate a proper design for mutable colliders, but in the meantime you will need to make your own copies at run-time if you plan to make modifications to individual instances (and respectively need to manage their lifetime)

3. LevonVH

LevonVH

I made a trigger volume that modifies the collision filter of the entered collider and resets the filter when the collider has left the volume. This will allow me to create some "holes" in a surface collider without using a mesh collider. The only issue is that if the collider that has entered the volume belongs to multiple objects. So if the collision filter is changed for the collider that has entered the volume, it also changes for many other objects, which is not the intended behavior. Is there any way of making the colliders unique in the runtime and what kind of impact would it have on the performance?

Last edited: Sep 9, 2020
  4. djsell

djsell

I feel like this should be mentioned in documentation or included in the tooltip for Force Unique. It's a little unintuitive and tripped me up as well a few weeks back.

5. zaaasgames

zaaasgames

Just want to reiterate that Force Unique not actually being unique at runtime is extremely unintuitive and should at least be indicated in the documentation or the tooltip. I just spent several hours figuring this out the hard way.

HiddenTess and IsaacsUnity like this.