Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Force refresh of packages

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by bitinn, Dec 11, 2018.

1. bitinn

bitinn

I am on Unity 2018.3.0f1 and I am seeing a strange behavior where one of my project is able to see LWRP having a 4.6.0-preview release, while another project are stuck at 4.3.0-preview being the latest release.

I end up open/close the Package Manager UI multiple times, in order to completely refresh all packages.

Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 22.34.16.png Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 22.35.02.png Screen Shot 2018-12-11 at 22.38.18.png

Questions:

- I thought this information is global to every projects on the machine, but apparently not?

- How can I reliably update this "cache"? Because Package Manager UI (2.0.3) shows me the refresh time and it's "up-to-date", but no new releases are discovered.

(My package update goes through proxies so I know for sure all requests are completed successfully... Perhaps I am just unlucky and hit a CDN propagation issue.)

2. maximeb_unity

maximeb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @bitinn,

When you say:
    do you mean that if you open/close the Package Manager UI in the client that doesn't see the update, it eventually sees it?

Yes, it is. Once the package metadata is updated in the cache, the same versions should be visible to all projects opened in the same version of the Unity Editor. Different Unity Editor versions may see different package versions, however.

Also, opening the Package Manager UI will trigger a refresh of the cached metadata, but depending on your connection speed to the registry, it may take more or less time to complete (but rest assured that no additional package is downloaded during the process). If the Package Manager UI is open in a Unity Editor instance and the cached metadata gets updated by another instance of the Editor, the UI in the first instance might not be automatically refreshed, and you may need to close it and reopen it.

3. simons_unity

simons_unity

Unity Technologies

4.6.0-preview was published about half an hour ago, is that when you noticed this?

4. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @bitinn,

Are these two projects using the same editor version? (i.e. 2018.3.0f1)

Pascal

5. bitinn

bitinn

Ok then perhaps a CDN cache issue. I had a project that can see all 4.6.0 releases but another project stuck at 4.3.0 until I re-open package manager multiple times.

6. bitinn

bitinn

Yes, both using 2018.3.0f1, so definitely not a version mismatch issue (like 2018.2 and 2018.3 can each only see 3.x and 4.x preview kind of things.)