Search Unity

[For Hire] Unity Programmer - 8 years using Unity, with some professional experience

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Seeking' started by AlgoUnity, Feb 24, 2023.

1. AlgoUnity

AlgoUnity

Hello!

I'm a mature Unity programmer, and I speak English (primary) and French fluently.
    I'm looking to work on paid projects, ideally shipping a serious product to mainstream game stores (Steam, Epic, App Stores, etc).
    I'm also okay with general short-term work, and I adjust my rates based on both the expertise required, and the value of the experience that I gain.
    I offer professional, high-quality work that is bug-free, readable, re-usable, and convenient to work with.

My main focus is making smooth, high-quality gameplay systems and graphics.
    I'm good at planning large projects and am happy to help you figure out how to make your game, how long it will take, and the overall architecture.
    I'm creative and can help come up with new ideas for your game.

I have experience with just about every aspect of Unity:

-Platforms: Desktop, Mobile, and VR

-General Gameplay: Character controller varieties, physics, combat systems and balancing tools, state machines, time control, inventory/weapons, input system and keybinds, controllers, NPC AI (trees, goals, pathfinding), tutorials, level design and tooling, scene management, interpolation for quality, and much more

-Graphics: 2D/3D, shaders (standard, tesselation, compute), compute buffers, LODs, animation, post-processing, particles, camera tricks, texture tricks, interactable real-time textures, lights, foliage

-Networking: Setup, Serialization/RPC, Prediction, smoothing, databases, authentication, FishNet, Photon, NGO

-Multithreading: Background threads, parallel tasks (.NET TPL), async/lambda, job system

-GPU Optimization: Batching, draw calls, custom per-renderer data, custom mesh structures, UI canvas performance
    -CPU Optimization: General, UI, deep profiling, dynamic object pools, C++ native plugins, unsafe pointers, unmanaged, skipping compiler-generated checks, offloading by compute shaders

-UnityEditor API: Making development tools, modifying editor behaviour, ScriptableObjects
    -Persistent data: save/load, compression, replay systems, database structural design

-DOTS 1.0 (ECS): basic fundamentals, pathfinding, state machines

-Procedural generation: Voxel terrain, heightmaps, advanced noise generation, planet generation, foliage/object placement

-Other: Addressables, NavMesh, many packages/assets

Here is my current work-in-progress, a procedural terrain engine inspired by Astroneer. It focuses on rebuilding terrain volumes as quickly as possible to allow for smooth digging at 120 FPS, and travelling across the world at high speeds. The video is just a simple prototype built to showcase its functionalities. Check the description in the video for more info.

Don't forget to raise the video quality!

Check out my LinkedIn for more work experience and past projects:
    linkedin.com/in/virgile-grob/

You can contact me for a clean copy of my resume.
    virgile.grob [at] gmail [dot] com

Last edited: Mar 21, 2023
  2. AlgoUnity

AlgoUnity