Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[FOR HIRE Programmer] Ex-Rockstar, Ex-Amiga dev, Unity Expert 10+ Yrs (Gameplay & AI)

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Seeking' started by radiantboy, Sep 7, 2021.

1. radiantboy

radiantboy

Hi guys! I am a game programmer, I have been since I was a child, tinkering on ZX Spectrum and then later the glorious Amiga computer, and ultimately PC and PS2, later mobile and soon PS5, Xbox. I dream in code, I dream in solutions, I dream in game worlds.. developing games and AI is my life. I live in Taipei City in Taiwan (home to a lot of computing and tech madness! Trust me it rocks here). I hold an elite "gold card" visa for game and software development, though I am British and grew up in Newcastle Upon Tyne (Yes I'm a Geordie).. what can I say, I am an urban nomad :) Before this I spent 8 years in Scotland working in the software (BT, Glasgow) and games industry for Rockstar North (Edinburgh), DC Studios (Glasgow) and more (I also won Young Software Engineer of the year award at ScotSoft 2002!). At DC I designed and developed my own title, and was lead coder on 2 different titles, at Rockstar I was a game coder and network engineer on Vice City (damn I wish I also worked on Manhunt now).

I have been using Unity since 2012, almost every day, I consider myself an expert :) I am the sole developer of Genocide Dolphins (open world cyberpunk game with 3 large cities, see my youtube for all the vids). I am also an Ex commercial Amiga game developer (Gloom3, Zombie Massacre). I have been making games and apps for 25 years (many big clients, apps with over 70 million downloads). I am looking for awesome games to work on (remotely a few days a week) to fund myself during the completion of my own game, that's why I need at least 2 days to myself. I have my own AI engine (and so much more) that I can throw into the mix for free, this is 4 fulltime years of my life, it can power open world games and almost any other genre. In fact I'd absolutely adore using it on your games. It has every feature that is possibly required (and a hobby of mine is adding anything I can dream up), but is tailored mostly to open world 3d games. I would say it is AAA standard, but obviously the work is on-going as I see NPCs now and again being dumb, or add new features that I dreamed up in my sleep. It is designer friendly, you do not need to code to make all of the content I make for my own games, just unity gizmos and inspectors etc, so consider that if you do not have a decent AI, I will bring it with me (it is called RadiAI).

See www.garethmurfin.com for all of my previous work. I am genuinely excited to work on other peoples games and apps which you can see from my portfolio.

App Clients include: Royal Ascot, Alton Towers, BBC, ITV, Premier League, NHS, MJFOX institute, Sasol, Vodafone Mclaren Mercedes, Sainsbury's, Westfield, FOX, Mitsubishi, Land Rover, Lonely Planet, Piccollage, Angry Birds Land, Peppa Pig World, Saatchi & Saatchi, Magners, Taito & many more

Games I have worked on include: Gloom3/Ultimate Gloom, Zombie Massacre, GTA Vice City, Ice Age Skater, NHRA Racing, Bust-a-move/puzzle bobble, Paperboy2, Chuckie Egg, Double Dragon EX.

Drop me a line if you are looking for a really passionate game coder with a lot of experience. I am only too happy to see new games, sign NDAs, get involved etc. I prefer to choose my hours and put in the agreed time without supervision and I think you will be impressed by what I turn out. I'm just dedicated to games and I get a real kick from developing them.

Cheers,
    Gaz.

www.garethmurfin.com
    Android, iOS, Unity Freelancer.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021