Search Unity

[FOR HIRE] Experienced Unity developer available for small and medium-length tasks.

Discussion in 'Commercial: Job Seeking' started by badquazar, Apr 3, 2023.

1. badquazar

badquazar

I am a software developer with 16 years of professional experience (10 years of gamedev experience with Unity), and I'm currently offering my services on a freelance basis.

I work fast, produce clean and scalable code, and can help you with technical/small-scale game design if needed.

I can work on complete projects or prototypes, or join an existing project and add new systems/adjust existing ones (I have lots of experience diving into pre-existing codebases).

I'm also not limited to game projects, if you have projects that use the Unity engine in other spaces - I'm open to them. I've already worked on a cinematography app, virtual galleries, and other non-gaming projects, and my experience with them was very positive.

What I specialize in:
    * General gameplay systems.
    * Procedural generation. Be it maps, levels, buildings, abstract meshes or textures, weapons, or anything else - if you need to add replayability, randomization and general spice to your project, I can help with that.
    * Building/snapping systems. If you need dynamically-built vehicles, bases, or general assembled/self-assembled objects in your project, I'm your guy.

What I can do without problems:
    * UI/UX (although my artistic talents are almost zero, so consider providing graphics)
    * VR. I've worked on some VR projects for Quest 2, and I'm very interested in this technology, but I can't say I'm specialized in it yet.
    * General networking/integration with web APIs
    * Serialization tasks (save/load systems, state recording/replaying, etc.)

What I will not do under any circumstances:
    * Real-time/fast-paced multiplayer (tasks of this nature are never small or medium-scale and usually get underestimated)

Regarding price and billing: my general range is 25-35$/hour, but I never bill per hour. I always bill per task/milestone, with price, timetable, and delivery conditions discussed and agreed upon before work starts.

If you need to check my code, here's a github link to Terminus, my system for modular construction/base and vehicle building:

https://github.com/catspawsgames/Terminus

Quick Youtube demo of this system:

This is my asset store page with my old projects:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/publishers/7556

If you need to see projects on which I've worked on a freelance basis, I can provide some links privately.

My contacts:

Email and Skype: leonidmv [at] gmail.com

Discord: leo_not_amused

Last edited: Jun 17, 2023
  2. badquazar

badquazar

Open for new contracts