Search Unity

FOR help ,SteamVR 2.5.0

Discussion in 'VR' started by giantaxess, Dec 27, 2019.

1. giantaxess

giantaxess

Hi,I've recently started using Unity so please forgive my lack of knowledge.
    In unity2018.3.7 ,I import SteamVR 2.5.0,but miss two error as follows:
    Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR_Render.cs(180,40): error CS1061: 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' does not contain a definition for 'SetupDeviceIndex' and no accessible extension method 'SetupDeviceIndex' accepting a first argument of type 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR_Render.cs(207,44): error CS1061: 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' does not contain a definition for 'SetupPose' and no accessible extension method 'SetupPose' accepting a first argument of type 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
    Hope to get everyone's help!
    Thanks!!!

gareth_unity550 and yogstrina like this.
  2. yogstrina

yogstrina

Hi, I also have this problem. I was using a HTC Vive with Unity 2019.2.17f1 and it worked perfectly.
    But when I setup the project to work with WMR I get the same issues.
    I have the HP VR1000-100nn
    Having already imported SteamVR 2.5.0, I :
    - switched platforms to use UWP
    - activated VR support and added WMR to the list
    - installed the XR Input Legacy Helper from the package manager
    - generated and saved the Steam Inputs using the "default" settings
    Then these errors show up:

"Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR_Render.cs(180,40): error CS1061: 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' does not contain a definition for 'SetupDeviceIndex' and no accessible extension method 'SetupDeviceIndex' accepting a first argument of type 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"
    "Assets\SteamVR\Scripts\SteamVR_Render.cs(207,44): error CS1061: 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' does not contain a definition for 'SetupPose' and no accessible extension method 'SetupPose' accepting a first argument of type 'SteamVR_ExternalCamera' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

I tried to restart Unity, my Laptop, and reimporting SteamVR, but nothing changes.

I haven't found anyone else with this problem yet, such a relief I'm not the only one.

gareth_unity550 likes this.
  3. ypvypv_unity

ypvypv_unity

I wrapped calls to both SteamVR_ExternalCamera.SetupPose and SteamVR_ExternalCamera.SetupDeviceIndex with

#if !UNITY_WSA
    externalCamera.SetupPose(cameraPose, cameraSource);
    #endif

It appears to work correctly. If you look at the implementation of those methods in ExternalCamera source, you will see that the methods are already removed from UNITY_METRO aka UNITY_WSA.